Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

PS3 v2.70 firmware update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PS3 v2.70 firmware update Empty
PostSubject: PS3 v2.70 firmware update   PS3 v2.70 firmware update Empty2009-04-02, 21:50

Late yesterday Sony announced what was in store for the PS3 in the upcoming version 2.70 firmware update. The new additions mainly deal with a new Text Chat feature. The new feature lets you join up to three different chat rooms at the same time. You'll be able to type to your friends using the on-screen keyboard, the Wireless Keypad, or via a compatible keyboard. Each chat room will support up to sixteen people, and you can stay in them while you play game. Sony revamped the friends list on the XrossMediaBar to complement the new Text Chat feature. You'll now be able to sort friends by online status and send them files up to 3MB in size.
You'll also be able to backup videos purchased from the PlayStation Store to an external hard drive. In a bid to keep things simple for users, Sony will now allow users to transfer PSP video purchases to the PS3 for playback.

""MY COMMENT""
""SONY"" We as gamers need, in game cross chat, via the headset. 1.) The ability to do what Windows Media Center does and access **** shares for videos, music, and photos? Their last update added a pretty cool photo app but the images have to be on a USB device or on the PS3 hdd itself to use it. What if I have a massive NAS device that holds all of my media?
2.) Add the ability to read DVD folders
3.) Add plugin capabilities to the browser. Let me watch LOST on ABC.com or Southpark through its website. Please! Release these features in the next update and lets start seeing the true potential and power of the ps3.

Last edited by SuprmnxXx on 2009-04-02, 21:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PS3 v2.70 firmware update Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 v2.70 firmware update   PS3 v2.70 firmware update Empty2009-04-02, 21:56

yay. Now we have a chatbox too, so all the ppl who send in game msgs have something to do.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org

PS3 v2.70 firmware update
Page 1 of 1