Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE

Go down 
+3
BOSTN BEANER
AsTrOz o
[LOK] frank33
7 posters
AuthorMessage
[LOK] frank33
New MS Member
New MS Member
[LOK] frank33

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-13

HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE   HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE Empty2009-02-14, 00:38

Ok heres the deal... A lot of people have been making threads about certain animations like the rocket catch, jetpack, and other ones. I just dont like looking at the boards and seein a new one every week even though they have been covered multiple times. this is why im making a thread discussing allll the animations, and how to perform them.

The rocket catch/Strafe catch - This is a particular catch where the ball gets thrown at an angle where the receiver can make a complete 180 degree turn and jump up for the ball within a split second while defenders are still playing the direction the ball is going. It is particularly effective vs. man defense. Now there are different pass leads for different routes. I will explain a few of them, and u could probably figure out the rest. You just have to practice.

Streak on the outside - when the receiver is about 15-20 yards down field, BULLET the ball with pass lead down and outside. For example, if i am in shotgun 2rb 3wr, and you streak your left outside receiver, hike the ball, drop back about 3 steps, wait until he is about 20 yards down field then HOLD X (square on ps3) while aiming the analog stick diagonally down and to the left. Immediately after the ball is thrown, HOLD Left Trigger (L2 on ps3). Then when the receiver is in the right position, press B (circle on ps3), and immediately hold Y(Triangle on PS3). Your receiver should strafe, line up with the ball, and jump into the air while the defensive backs ignore the receiver and keep running.

Here are a few different pass leads used for different routes
Streak up the seams - no pass lead at all, unless he is really deep down field. Then the pass lead is down.

Post corner route on the outside (such as in the popular play Shotgun 2rb 3wr - WR post corner) - Pass lead down and bullet when he makes his cut to the outside.

Post route over the middle - Pass lead the ball in the opposite direction that the route is going. For example - If the post is going up and then cutting left, pass lead the ball right after he makes his cut.

Corner routes - Depending on where the corner route is on the field, you would either pass lead the ball in the opposite direction that the corner route is going, throw it without pass lead at all, or throw it with pass lead down.

these are just several of the different rocket catchable routes. If you have any questions on any other routes just post them in this thread. Also keep in mind that you may have to pass lead the ball at a different angle depending on the position of your quarterback. Go into practice mode and mess around with it for a little it really isnt that difficult.

JETPACK - This is the famous spectacular catch animation. You can only get this animation with receivers who have a spectacular catch rating of 90 and up on rookie, pro, and all pro, and 84 and up on all madden. This animation is more effective vs. zone than it is man.

to perform this animation, you generally want to throw the ball with no pass lead at all. For example if you want to jetpack an outside streak (the most common jetpack route), you would drop back in the pocket, wait until the receiver is about 20-30 yards down field, throw a bullet to him (no pass lead), immediately click on, take a little step to the outside, cut back inside, all while holding Y. Keep in mind you must have a spectacular catch receiver to achieve this animation, unless you are playing on all madden.

I tend to stay away from this animation being that the receiver will often get his legs taken out from underneath him. The animation is a lot more effective when done in the endzone, because for some reason, the cornerbacks play off farther in the endzone, and the receiver doesnt get his legs taken out from under him as much.

Regular user catch (mini jet/baby jet) - This animation can be achieved with any receiver, but it is easiest and most effective with tall receivers who can jump.

To achieve this animation, streak an outside receiver, wait until the receiver is about 15-20 yards down field, throw the ball with no pass lead, click on and undercut the cornerback while holding Y. In my opinion the animation is best for beating zone coverage, because it can be performed quickly, and the chance of the receiver getting hitsticked for a drop is not high. You have to make sure that the receiver clears any zones though before you throw it especially purple zones can hurt you.

One Handers - This animation has been the new craze lately and it is very difficult to defend. It can only be thrown in the endzone, and i believe receivers with spec catch rating 75 and up can get it. It might be 80 though. This animation can be done with most routes, but most people tend to perform it with routes that break to the corner of the endzone, such as corner routes. What you want to do, is Throw the ball with pass lead up when a receiver breaks diagonally to a corner in the endzone. For example, in run n gun there is a formation called shotgun tight and in it there is a play called x option. In this play, the wr on the left is running a corner route. If you were on the 15 and were to run this play, you could hike the ball, drop back, wait until the receiver is near the endzone, and throw the ball bulllet pass lead UP and LEFT, and it would trigger the animation. This animation can be achieved with many routes though. Head into practice mode and check it out.

Thats about it for now. I might do a write up on defensive animations later too

Smile .
Back to top Go down
AsTrOz o
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
AsTrOz o

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE   HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE Empty2009-02-14, 01:35

hmmmm..nice?
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE   HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE Empty2009-02-14, 11:21

im gona try those RCs.. i been labbin that for a while and cant seem to RC at all.. so ill give those a try.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE   HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE Empty2009-02-14, 12:22

I can every once in a while but not consistently!!
Back to top Go down
SticK2NaSty
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SticK2NaSty

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE   HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE Empty2009-02-14, 13:30

great post man
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE   HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE Empty2009-02-14, 19:07

frank33 wrote:

One Handers - This animation has been the new craze lately and it is very difficult to defend. It can only be thrown in the endzone, and i believe receivers with spec catch rating 75 and up can get it. It might be 80 though. This animation can be done with most routes, but most people tend to perform it with routes that break to the corner of the endzone, such as corner routes. What you want to do, is Throw the ball with pass lead up when a receiver breaks diagonally to a corner in the endzone. For example, in run n gun there is a formation called shotgun tight and in it there is a play called x option. In this play, the wr on the left is running a corner route. If you were on the 15 and were to run this play, you could hike the ball, drop back, wait until the receiver is near the endzone, and throw the ball bulllet pass lead UP and LEFT, and it would trigger the animation. This animation can be achieved with many routes though. Head into practice mode and check it out.

i did a one hand catch before styll

it was play action .. and Andre Johnson was running a Streak

it was far in front of him and he just Tip it up in the air once

den catch it with one hand

it was CRAZY .. sad part.. my oppenant plug the pull
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE   HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE Empty2009-02-28, 19:43

Thanks frank now i can rc on almost any route its still a cuople i gotta get down but other than that i found a big part of my offense
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE   HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW TO DO THE RC,AND MUCH MORE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden General Talk-
Jump to: