Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?

Go down 
+10
KidProDiiGy
moss81
bigbuddah
PapaSmurf
yaboy510
Mcnair2Wycheck
NewbieX2
pkismyname
jchizzy8
W A V Y D R E
14 posters

Is this playbook a little over used?
Yes
Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Back_catg77%Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Back_catg
 77% [ 10 ]
No
Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Back_catg23%Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Back_catg
 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty
PostSubject: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 00:34

I kno dis playbook is Fire

best running formations .. and Passing Formations prolly

but i think its over used .. like really majority of the players i play

they use the Run & Gun

and usually ull see them run the same Schemes also

Seems like no one is orginal enuff to try new playbooks or different Schemes

ye anyways i just wanted to get my thought out on that

and i like to see everyones opinions on dis
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 01:09

I am sure alot of People use it becuase they see it used on them and learn it. i dotn like how everyone uses the same plays though. I personally use the 49ers playbook. I like all the formations they have and i only use about a 10-15 play cycle.
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 01:52

I use Run N Gun and the TB PB only.
I've tried other but had success with these 2 the most.
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 01:56

pkismyname wrote:
I use Run N Gun and the TB PB only.
I've tried other but had success with these 2 the most.

because Run N Gun

is easy to use

im i lieing?

and for TB .. im guessin u like to use HB Direct Snap
Back to top Go down
NewbieX2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 08:50

akadreday wrote:
because Run N Gun

is easy to use

im i lieing?

and for TB .. im guessin u like to use HB Direct Snap

To be honest, I never was able to really effectively use the RnG since '08. I tried sticking with it just because so many of the top players use it, but I just couldn't get into it. Tried TB for a while and it was alright, but I found that I like to run too much so I switched to SEA and I've been happy ever since.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 11:26

The problem with the run and gun is that it is a little too dominant. With some AI fixes it probably wouldn't be anymore. Also it shouldn't have formations all to itself, every formation should be in at last a few playbooks.
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 11:51

It is definately overused.. BUT its almost like your at a disadvantage if you don't use it. I dont mind playing against someone that uses RnG because I know the playbook inside out but it has some of the best formations in the game.. It makes me feels more comfortable with my offense when I use it.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 16:29

i use RNG, but im usin it cuz thats the playbook im best with ive tried every playbook,
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 16:33

Run n Gun playbook is definately over used and i think over fuckin rated but it works for i guess most of the ppl so its wat ever....i jus wish that the playbooks where really different from each other caus u can do different books but have the same plays in them so u can get away wit using the run n gun
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 17:21

well it is considered the best pb in the game so u expect it to be used
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 17:56

i use run n gun for 3 years now n i c shen i play people they kno exactly wat play im running cuz they all the formations and run n gun been the same for to long
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 18:02

Thats why i judt picked a random team and started finding money plays. I am happy with my offense i usualy score at least 3 td's
Back to top Go down
carlo874
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 19:43

i think that is definetly overused for the fullhouse formation...... people just stay in the fullhouse all game and fb dive, screen, and then sweep.
Back to top Go down
AsTrOz o
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
AsTrOz o

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 20:32

Run n Gun is my only true scheme.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 21:35

yaboy510 wrote:
It is definately overused.. BUT its almost like your at a disadvantage if you don't use it. I dont mind playing against someone that uses RnG because I know the playbook inside out but it has some of the best formations in the game.. It makes me feels more comfortable with my offense when I use it.
you make a great point here! sure....alot of people (like me) run the RNG playbook...but...alot of people are running the TB and other books as well. seems like whatever book is "POPULAR" at the madden challenges becomes the most used book (with their schemes) among the madden community.

i have begun to try "different" playbooks like the Run Heavy to see how well they would fit with my Ravens and as a change of pace to give my opponents "different" looks than what they are use to seeing. i am presently peeping a few other "interesting" books as well. 8)
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-13, 21:36

its always overused, even on ps2 it was overused.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-14, 04:07

lol iight seen

i finally started a thead

that reach page 2

.. gosh but ye
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty2009-02-14, 04:10

i feel like if i use the run n gun

i would get away with murder lol

i see it as the playbook with the most Deep Post Routes in the game

doesn't lack anything i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?   Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used? Empty

Back to top Go down

Run & Gun .... Is this playbook a little over used?
Page 1 of 1