Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade

Go down 
+11
Fudgy
SuprmnxXx
jchizzy8
Baseballa
W A V Y D R E
Hormel
Crunk
tuki94
moss81
Adel92
TRaN-QuiL-itY
15 posters
AuthorMessage
TRaN-QuiL-itY
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
TRaN-QuiL-itY

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty
PostSubject: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-07, 19:10

The Charlotte Bobcats traded managing partner Michael Jordan’s first draft pick on Saturday, sending struggling forward Adam Morrison and reserve guard Shannon Brown to the Los Angeles Lakers for forward Vladimir Radmanovic.
Jordan’s first major decision after becoming part owner with the final say on all basketball decisions was taking Morrison with the third overall pick in the 2006 draft.
The former Gonzaga star never lived up to expectations and had fallen out of favor with first-year coach Larry Brown. He was jettisoned for the 6-foot-10 Radmanovic, who was averaging 5.9 points and 2.5 rebounds a game with the Lakers.
“We definitely wish him well,” Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins said of Morrison. “He’s a good kid and hopefully he gets an opportunity to play. You never know, he might get a chance to win a (championship) ring.”
The move is the third trade the Bobcats have made this season in a roster shakeup under Brown, who is trying to get the fifth-year Bobcats to the playoffs for the first time.
Morrison and Brown were never a good fit. Morrison’s defensive deficiencies didn’t mesh with Brown’s style, and Morrison had failed to hit shots consistently, struggling in a starting role the past four games after small forward Gerald Wallace suffered a partially collapsed lung and a broken rib against the Lakers on Jan. 27.
Morrison, who cut his trademark hair short before this season, will get a chance to crack the Lakers’ rotation and become an outside scoring threat. Morrison, who averaged a nation-best 28.1 points for Gonzaga in 2005-06, missed all of last season after tearing an anterior cruciate ligament in a preseason game.
Morrison, due about $5.3 million next season, was averaging just 4.5 points while shooting 36 percent from the field and 34 percent from 3-point range.
The 6-foot-10 Radmanovic, who is owed $6.5 million in the final year of his deal next season, gives the Bobcats more depth up front. Higgins said Radmanovic can play both small and power forward.
“Being a 6-10 guy, obviously he brings some height as well as some athleticism,” Higgins said. “He’s guy that can make some shots. I think he will fit in with our current roster well.”
Shannon Brown was signed in the offseason and had played sparingly until Friday night, when he committed a turnover and had a shot blocked in the closing seconds of a 102-97 loss to Atlanta. A groin injury to starting shooting guard Raja Bell put Brown into the lineup.
Higgins said they were arranging for Radmanovic to fly from Cleveland, where the Lakers play the Cavaliers on Sunday, to Miami. The Bobcats play the Heat Sunday night.
Back to top Go down
Adel92
New MS Member
New MS Member
Adel92

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-07, 19:34

If Mosrrison plays anything like he did in college it will be a great trade, although I highly doubt that will happen, even w/ Phil coaching, stupid move on LA IMO.
Back to top Go down
TRaN-QuiL-itY
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
TRaN-QuiL-itY

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-07, 19:52

Yeah, Vladimir got you that clutch 3-pointer that you need at the time. But so does three other people on the Lakers.

So i really don't have an opinion on this trade.
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-07, 21:27

its pretty even cuz u never know. morrison might start to light it up now cuz he has kobe and phil to help mentor him
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-08, 00:54

i think morrison will finally become the player he was in college with the help of phil jackson,maybe a 10 to 15 coming off the bench
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-08, 01:10

Bobcats raped the Lakers on this trade. I was glad when the Bobcats drafted him, but it seems that his game isnt worth a sh** in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Adel92
New MS Member
New MS Member
Adel92

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-08, 02:42

tuki94 wrote:
i think morrison will finally become the player he was in college with the help of phil jackson,maybe a 10 to 15 coming off the bench

hopefully, but i doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-08, 19:05

Being a bobcat fan, I have watched more games with Adam Morrison in a week then most of you have seen in your life, and I will say this

THANK GOD! That stash was trash!
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-08, 19:30

trade seems fair

... RAD gonna be more of use than morrison

cuz lakers already have a good rotation as it is

.. mostly likey not gonna play that much cuz odem n luke n ariza playin his position
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-12, 18:44

I went to the Bobcats vs Wizards game last night and what Radamonivic did last night , Adam could never do
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-18, 23:08

You have to think jackson will restore morrisons college days. I mean the man is a straight genius!
Back to top Go down
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-19, 00:03

Haha i would be happy if i was adam. Let me think lakers or bobcats??? Sorry bobcat fans
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-19, 02:23

this is a good trade for both teams. Rad well hit big shoots down the straights for the bobcats and the lakers have a better understanding now with there rotation... meaning Rad ant crying for minutes in L.A. anymore.
Adam and brown might find a fresh start in L.A. a good thing, but most likely they will ride the bench and "maybe" win a championship and will be probably be released at the start of next season, if Phil doesn't see any future potential for the team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-19, 21:27

the lakers now have a swing man that can knock down the long range jumper and 3 pointers, and the bobcats got a big man that can extend the court by hitting long range shots
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-22, 01:10

wow i really wish my lakers woulda kept vlade

morrison isn't gonna do anything beneficial to help out the organization
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-23, 20:25

nah morrison will get better since there is actual talent around him
Back to top Go down
UltimateCheeseHead
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-02-24, 08:28

I would have rather kept Vladimir he was having a good season hitting 3 pointers all year.
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-03-12, 02:36

vladimir has shots like no other
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-03-12, 09:56

naw phil jackson is tryin to develop morrison into the player he was in college
Back to top Go down
Adel92
New MS Member
New MS Member
Adel92

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-03-12, 19:34

tuki94 wrote:

lol, that will never happen.....He was too good in college and too bad in the NBA, I could see him developing into a sixth man but I dont see him becoming a starter.
Back to top Go down
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
ITZthaNcNIGHTMARE

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-03-13, 11:17

the carolina teams get some big busts... dwayne jarrett and adam morrison are the ones that stick out the most to me
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty2009-03-13, 16:44

Adel92 wrote:
tuki94 wrote:

lol, that will never happen.....He was too good in college and too bad in the NBA, I could see him developing into a sixth man but I dont see him becoming a starter.
lol i kno that wont happen, but thats the plan for morrison. yea he will probably be a rotation player at best for the lakers but he is hoping that morrison can benefit from kobe bein the focal point of the offense and get open looks through him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade   Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade Empty

Back to top Go down

Adam Morrison to the Lakers in a trade
Page 1 of 1