Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Mike Shannahan fired...

Go down 
+5
yaboy510
Crunk
Swag Escobar
Militant X 1
Ketcham While They're Hot
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Mike Shannahan fired... Empty
PostSubject: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-30, 18:50

DENVER (AP)—Mike Shanahan has been fired as Denver Broncos coach after the team lost a three-game lead with three games to go in the AFC West.

Shanahan, 56, coached the Broncos since 1995, the second-longest tenure for a coach with one NFL team behind Tennessee’s Jeff Fisher. He coached the Broncos to consecutive Super Bowl victories in 1998 and 1999 and compiled a record of 146-89 with the team.

This season, the Broncos had an 8-5 record but lost their final three, including a 52-21 defeat Sunday night in San Diego that gave the Chargers the division title.
He also was dismissed as director of football operations.

I am crushed to hear this news. I know we collapsed at the end of the season and everything, but do we really think that there is someone better out there?! This is a sad, sad day for Bronco nation death
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-30, 19:42

ketcham while they're hot wrote:
DENVER (AP)—Mike Shanahan has been fired as Denver Broncos coach after the team lost a three-game lead with three games to go in the AFC West.

Shanahan, 56, coached the Broncos since 1995, the second-longest tenure for a coach with one NFL team behind Tennessee’s Jeff Fisher. He coached the Broncos to consecutive Super Bowl victories in 1998 and 1999 and compiled a record of 146-89 with the team.

This season, the Broncos had an 8-5 record but lost their final three, including a 52-21 defeat Sunday night in San Diego that gave the Chargers the division title.
He also was dismissed as director of football operations.

I am crushed to hear this news. I know we collapsed at the end of the season and everything, but do we really think that there is someone better out there?! This is a sad, sad day for Bronco nation death

Ketcham....first of all from fan to fan....sorry for you pain bruh! but to be honest....i saw this one coming. i just didn't know that it would be this soon. but just yesterday on the NFL Network....Coach Mora mentioned that there would be some huge "surprise" firings that would be quite unexpected and shake up the NFL. this....is definately one of those!
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-31, 03:50

wow i cant believe that i thought shannahan had some more years..... he was putting together a good team he just needed a new defensive coordinator
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-31, 04:54

Wonder which AFC West team will hire him next?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-31, 04:57

TheCrunkologyst wrote:
Wonder which AFC West team will hire him next?

the Raiders! Mike and Al are best friends. Suspect You're Fired
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-31, 05:01

That is pretty retarded if you ask me.. He had no run game to work with because almost every RB on the rosterr was put on IR.. And this is coming from a Raiders fan.. I guess it is good news for me.. but, that was a bad move IMO.
Cutler was starting to get good and you fire the head coach?! seems stupid to me..
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-31, 05:06

yeah wut yaboy said all most all running backs were gone so they had to go to passing and that didnt help them cutler is still getting to kno the system and the coach gets fired and now cutler has to get a new system
Back to top Go down
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Winktin Rampage Jackson

Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-31, 16:32

Shanahan, come to KC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=9357309
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-31, 22:12

I just read this crazy column on Yahoo Sports, where the writer said they think it would be a good fit for Jerry Jones to fire Wade Phillips and hire Mike Shannahan. I know it sounds crazy, but there has been more farfetched things that have happened. I want to hear some input on this crazy idea. If you're interested in reading the article, here's the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-shanahan123008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-31, 23:51

everyone wants to blame wade phillips......but he doesnt control the offense................you fire jason garrett not wade phillips god... that man should have never taken the cowboys job
Back to top Go down
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2008-12-31, 23:52

Im all in for that idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2009-01-01, 03:13

Basically any of the coaches that would be the right fit for Dallas would not be the kind of coaches that A meddlesome owner like Jerry Jones would hire. They need a hard nosed guy who takes total control of the team and I think Jerry is too meddlesome to allow a full control kind of guy in Dallas.
Back to top Go down
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty2009-01-01, 10:04

I completely agree. He had a problem will parcells because of the same reason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Shannahan fired...   Mike Shannahan fired... Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Shannahan fired...
Page 1 of 1