Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Madden School Game Rules?

Go down 
+9
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Fudopi is That Dude
nawfside512
yaboy510
Fudgy
Swag Escobar
Ketcham While They're Hot
pman92
EggzOverEazy
13 posters

Madden School Game Rules
No manual FG or punt blocking
Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg17%Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg
 17% [ 16 ]
No hurry-up with the fake punt run
Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg21%Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg
 21% [ 20 ]
No intentional disconnecting or lagging
Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg26%Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg
 26% [ 25 ]
No defensive players on offense
Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg18%Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg
 18% [ 17 ]
No onside kicks until the 2nd half
Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg18%Madden School Game Rules? Back_catg
 18% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 96

AuthorMessage
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Madden School Game Rules? Empty
PostSubject: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 02:37

We are starting to get a lot of new users, and of course this means, we're getting a lot of site games in. With 360 site rankings coming up soon, some people thought it might be best if we get official Madden School game rules. Here are a few things we decided on. We can't make rules against "cheezing" techniques, because there's nothing that can't be stopped, so in the end it's still "fair" (but don't get it twisted, you won't get much respect around here playing like trash).

If you think we shouldn't have rules at all, just post it here.

Last edited by Eazy F. Baby on 2008-12-09, 02:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 02:39

voted for all 5.
Back to top Go down
pman92
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 07:32

I think having rules is a really good idea and will make the site games more fair. And it will definitley stop the cheating.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 07:45

I voted for all five as well...
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 09:29

im only against the field goal and punt blocking thing..i used to block in the ps2 madden and had my punts and field goals blocked...i dont really attempt it in ps3 but special teams is very much apart of the game and there are ways around it... like safe punt or hell if someone is trying hard enough u can get a fake FG off lol.. i just feel as though if you can block my field goals or punts then by all means go ahead it just adds a new dimension to the game

Example: hot routes in a Fake FG play are silent... sent someone on a streak and bam....
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 09:40

oooo yea conflict #2...certain packages on offense actually has defensive players coming in on offense... and i sometimes use Haloti Ngata (ravens really do that quite alot) blocking on offense i dont do the whole CB at wr tho
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 10:56

i voted for 2,3,4,5
i mean if you have enough skill to get your guy past the oline and have enough time to block a punt or fg, you shouldn't have that be taken away from you, because that is basically a strategy you use to win. If you had a pass where you can get open all the time and someone says you cant do it is basically the same scenario. So i mean if all of you don't think its cool or whatever im down cus i like to go with the flow. but that's the position that im coming from.

But anyway i think this is a really nice addition to the site games. Good job guys for getting this organized! Good Job
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 10:58

i voted all five, i think there needs to be some rules like this
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 12:27

I feel ya fudgy, cuz when u blocked my fg I stepped my game up that much to make sure I beat you..
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 12:47

I think it's really only that one particular concern with FG blocking, where you take the return man and put him over center, and the O-line lets him go right by as if he wasn't there. I heard they don't allow manual FG and punt blocking at Madden Challenges, thats really why I was for it here. If you pick FG block, and don't move anyone around presnap, thats fine, same for punts. Punt block works a lot when your opponent is backed up into their endzone, and thats fine, but I know I labbed a way to black the punt 50% of the time, and in my opinion thats enough to be considered a glitch.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 13:16

fake it... he has to be in FG block for it to work right?
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 13:33

no, all u do is bring up ur return man or something like that, and he gets in. it doesnt take much, we could teach everyone here to do it if we wanted, and then we could all block the hell out of everything.

i hear there is only one way to counter it, you flip ur play, or pinch the line, or something like that. but the problem is, theres a glitch in that move, where if you try to do it your kicker will miss the ball and hit the place holder. so theres really no way to stop it, unless u run a fake... but like me and you have talked about before Real, if someone doesnt pick FG or Punt immediately, people pick safe zones, so fakes wont really help.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 16:49

I voted for the first 3.

Even though I don't see the FG block as cheating, I can see people abusing it too much, like using it to block a game winner when they don't see it coming. And it usually takes a minute to set up a tough field goal so they'd be able to do it.

For #2 I just hate when people no huddle any play that always gets yards, it takes the fun out of the game.

and my vote for #3 is self explanatory, only time to d/c is if they glitch you, and if they cheat against you tell us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Winktin Rampage Jackson

Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 16:56

I think all these things should be in effect.
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=9357309
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-09, 18:07

Nah it's not that easy to set him up though the return man has to be positioned perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-10, 01:27

Eazy F. Baby wrote:
no, all u do is bring up ur return man or something like that, and he gets in. it doesnt take much, we could teach everyone here to do it if we wanted, and then we could all block the hell out of everything.

i hear there is only one way to counter it, you flip ur play, or pinch the line, or something like that. but the problem is, theres a glitch in that move, where if you try to do it your kicker will miss the ball and hit the place holder. so theres really no way to stop it, unless u run a fake... but like me and you have talked about before Real, if someone doesnt pick FG or Punt immediately, people pick safe zones, so fakes wont really help.

actually i dont do that thats the glitch way
i just do a normal technique which isnt a glitch or cheap. I just manually u the NT and keep clicking R1 (power move) thats basically how i get through the line on defense anyway to its not really cheating
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-10, 01:32

All 5 should be in effect. Especially the Fg blocking. I just want to play a nice clean game no BS.
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-10, 02:34

I guess the fg block is a little gay... If they are bout to hit a fg, then obviously you set your self up to let em be in that position..
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-10, 02:41

i voted for 3. mainly because...in the GB playbook......you can "package" a CB in as a WR. soooo...to me...that's not "cheesy" if.....it is an actual part of the package in that formation.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-11, 19:05

All 5.
Back to top Go down
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-11, 21:26

sO WHICH ONES ARE final?
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-11, 21:31

well, it looks like all of them got more than 50%. i just wanted to get a consensus on the rules. now i guess the admins can work it out.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-11, 21:57

you mean they all got less than 50%?
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty2008-12-11, 22:01

naw, i meant....

they each got a vote from at least 50% of everyone.

it looks like 23 people voted (because i assume EVERYONE voted for no disconnects).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden School Game Rules?   Madden School Game Rules? Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden School Game Rules?
Page 1 of 1