Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Black QB's disapearing

Go down 
+15
Fresh Prince
Winktin Rampage Jackson
OGiant23
BoSpOrTsFaN
Fudopi is That Dude
dirty-mullet
Big Savage
atown_2511
duketango
kc killa jr
bigbuddah
SuprmnxXx
xXBlackiceXx
iNfam0us88
MADDENKING57
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MADDENKING57
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
MADDENKING57

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Black QB's disapearing Empty
PostSubject: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-16, 22:19

Me being a black man i have to say this with the influx of black QB's getting drafted 7-10 years ago i was very happy cause in the past every black QB got moved to another position when he got to the NFL and there was nothing that he could do about it but lets fast forward to 2008, Vick's in prison, Culpepper just retired, McNair retired, Vince Young's head aint right, my former college teammate at Alabama State Tarvaris Jackson I hate to say it is going to get benched, the jury is still out on Jamarcus Russell and Jason Cambell, Brad Smith has been moved to reciever, as has Seneca Wallace, and Antwaan Randell El, the only 1 holding his own is Mcnabb and he has a couple of years left, what in asking is this, IS THIS THE END OF THE BLACK MOBILE QB, CAUSE IF IT IS, ITS SAD, a mobile QB can be successful if the coach stops being stubborn and COACH the mobile QB's the same way they teach the sloth moving, slower than quicksand QB's starting all over the league that wins Super Bowls ever year. My Opinion your thoughts. FREE MIKE VICK!
Back to top Go down
iNfam0us88
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
iNfam0us88

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-16, 23:18

Hell no it's not the end....just ain't no black mobile QB's coming out of the draft..im sure if one comes up in the draft he will get drafted and play the QB postion..Tarvaris JAckson will become a good qb..i just think he's havin trouble makin the switch from college to the pros..in the nfl your not gonna get slow corners like in college...or dumb saftys..he's up against the best of the best...he's just have to make the jump...but no i dont think this is the end..there will be plenty more come out of future .....and Vick was a Great QB...but i can't agree with the Free vick part...
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 01:29

MIchael vick will be back in 2009 0r 2010. dnt forget pat white is coming out of the draft. also seneca wallace is still at QB they havent officially made him a wideout yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 11:00

I think that Pat White will have to become a receiver to play in the NFL and your right the "Black Mobile QB" isn't as deep now in the NFL. Mcnabb is one good hit away from being back on IR or a backup as for T. Jackson he'll probably will be benched in Minnesota for what ever reason the fans don't like him. J. Campbell I think will be fine and looks like a good fit for the Redskins. Don't forget about D. Garrard down in Jacksonville very Mobile.

As far as a Mobile QB they don't have to be just Black "RIGHT" look at Tony Romo, J. Garcia etc. I think Tim Tebow is the new prototype Mobile QB "pass and run" and I think he'll be coming out of collage after this year and will be something special at the NFL level. The QB position is the hardest position in the NFL and you have to have a high IQ to play that position because of the speed of the game, your decision making has to 3x's quicker than that of the college level. Thats why you see so many QB not make it at this level "BLACK or WHITE" it just seem that the black QB can seem to alway make the switch to be a receiver in the NFL because of their athletic ability.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 12:37

in my opinion the college level isnt developing these players the way they need to be...college should be preparing u for the league and i believe the college level is becoming more like high school football meaning they use these players in the postion that helps them win and doesnt develope them in the position they are trying to put them in...some of these qb woulda have been wr's if made into the position...the new college system is shot gun zone read play and i beleive this is hendering the development process of these qb and uses there running ability more than there passing ability...for example look at terrell pryor..wen he comes in wat does he do jus run and dont pass much i say 8/10 plays...they get no sympathy wen they come into the league caus u play for money and a its your career and your performance helps other ppl get money and vice versa

if these qb's want to be great they need to stay in the lab right after being drafted work on there throwing watch as much film as possible and i think that teams need to not use them for jus running around and creating mismatchin on the lower levels caus in the league they are expecting to play QUARTER BACK...david garrard and mcnabb are the ones that will care the mobile qb in the league...i believe vince young will snap out of it but it will take another year of him on the bench caus he doesnt have norm chow to baby him in the offense no more..pat white will be a wr...there is fast and there is too fast and wen u are too fast as a qb u will be a wr like ronald curry of the raiders was the qb at north carolina...juice williams will be a good one to me caus he is is at the point where he reads the D if its not there he takes off but tim tebow and the fresh man from washington locker is the new prototype of qb
Back to top Go down
MADDENKING57
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
MADDENKING57

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 14:04

I hear you all on alot of things and I hope it works out for all mobile QB's coming out of college cause it brings a different element to the game that I love, but I will say this, when Vick gets out I think seeing him play again will have head coaches thinking again that we can do it with a Mobile QB cause that man incredibly great and was transcending the game before he got caught up, unlike Vince Young, Vick has never had a season where he's thrown more INT's than TD's, Vince needs to get his mind right
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 16:02

xXBlackiceXx wrote:
MIchael vick will be back in 2009 0r 2010. dnt forget pat white is coming out of the draft. also seneca wallace is still at QB they havent officially made him a wideout yet.

pat white wont be a qb in the nfl. they have been sayin that for years.
Back to top Go down
duketango
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 16:26

bigbuddah wrote:
in my opinion the college level isnt developing these players the way they need to be...college should be preparing u for the league and i believe the college level is becoming more like high school football meaning they use these players in the postion that helps them win and doesnt develope them in the position they are trying to put them in...some of these qb woulda have been wr's if made into the position...the new college system is shot gun zone read play and i beleive this is hendering the development process of these qb and uses there running ability more than there passing ability...for example look at terrell pryor..wen he comes in wat does he do jus run and dont pass much i say 8/10 plays...they get no sympathy wen they come into the league caus u play for money and a its your career and your performance helps other ppl get money and vice versa

if these qb's want to be great they need to stay in the lab right after being drafted work on there throwing watch as much film as possible and i think that teams need to not use them for jus running around and creating mismatchin on the lower levels caus in the league they are expecting to play QUARTER BACK...david garrard and mcnabb are the ones that will care the mobile qb in the league...i believe vince young will snap out of it but it will take another year of him on the bench caus he doesnt have norm chow to baby him in the offense no more..pat white will be a wr...there is fast and there is too fast and wen u are too fast as a qb u will be a wr like ronald curry of the raiders was the qb at north carolina...juice williams will be a good one to me caus he is is at the point where he reads the D if its not there he takes off but tim tebow and the fresh man from washington locker is the new prototype of qb

applause as this was an excellent post!!!!
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 16:35

well they are dissapearing for one reason and one reason only.

MOST OF THEM ARE NOT QUARTERBACKS!!!!

THEY ARE ATHLETES! THEY CANT THROW THE BALL, THATS WHY THEY FAIL.
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 17:22

kc killa jr wrote:
well they are dissapearing for one reason and one reason only.

MOST OF THEM ARE NOT QUARTERBACKS!!!!

THEY ARE ATHLETES! THEY CANT THROW THE BALL, THATS WHY THEY FAIL.

yes they r some just dnt have the arm but thye r qb's n i knw ppl say he will be a wideout but i think he can be a good qb if he has the right coaching, vick is faster than white n he stayed a qb.
Back to top Go down
atown_2511
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
atown_2511

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 17:45

it better not be the end cause they are very exciting to watch but u forgot about my boi david garrard
Back to top Go down
Big Savage
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Big Savage

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 18:24

Jacory Harris FR QB Miami Hurricanes
Terrelle Pryor FR QB Ohio State
Tyrod Taylor SO QB VaTech
Jerrod Johnson JR QB Texas A&M

Theirs still alot of black QBs who could play at the next level.
Back to top Go down
dirty-mullet
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
dirty-mullet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 18:27

What has happened to the white CB? No more Jason Sehorn. What happened to the white RB? No more John Riggins or Larry Czonka. Why is there this huge deal about a "black QB". If you can play QB play it, if not someone else wil. It isn't racial, just the way it is. There are more black QB's than black punters (Reggie Roby is the only one I can ever think of that was black), why isnt anyone complaining about that?
Back to top Go down
duketango
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 18:29

Big Savage wrote:

all those guys are unproven and unless developed correctly won't play QB on sunday
Back to top Go down
dirty-mullet
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
dirty-mullet

Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 18:40

IS THIS THE END OF THE BLACK MOBILE QB, CAUSE IF IT IS, ITS SAD, a mobile QB can be successful if the coach stops being stubborn and COACH the mobile QB's the same way they teach the sloth moving, slower than quicksand QB's starting all over the league that wins Super Bowls ever year. My Opinion your thoughts. FREE MIKE VICK![/quote]

Until a "mobile" QB wins the Super Bowl, things won't change. Having a "sloth moving, slower than quicksand QB" has proven to win Championships. Name a that has won a Superbowl. Steve Young maybe, John Elway was mobile back in the day, but not during the Superbowl's when he won. Vick, Cunningham had good careers, but no Superbowl. Arguably the best black QB was Warren Moon, he wasn't considered a "mobile" QB. If someone can win a Superbowl an NFL team would take him, black, white, Chinese, a female QB whatever, teams will do what it takes to win, having a mobile QB hasn't proved at all to win, and there are plenty of examples of it failing to win.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 18:48

Favre won a superbowl, and he's the 2nd best ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 19:26

most black qb's that are fast just cant throw. i think teams would rather take the chance on finding a franchise QB that has a great arm than adding another dmension with his legs.

Haha, when i first read this title i thought Black QB's were invisible in madden 09.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 19:31

Haha.

I'm gonna go edit Mcnabb to be white so he doesn't disappear.
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

Number of posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 19:32

[quote="duketango"]
Big Savage wrote:

DON"T forget PINKNEY!!!!!!

they are not disappearing they all just run the option and pro scouts do not want option QB.

Tebow is overrated Locker will be much better.

go back to last year everyone is like 20 TD pass 20 TD running...

how many times did he take a step forward and throw it deep to harvin on those TDs...

not many college corners got harvin's speed.

Remember UGA game and Michigan game he ran into those lb and got clocked. He played pretty bad to..

Imagine him running head on into Ray Lewis Urlacher or one of those guys how many shots from them will he live??[center][left]
Back to top Go down
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Winktin Rampage Jackson

Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 20:34

haha Tavaris Jackson got benched for Gus Frerotte today too. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=9357309
Fresh Prince
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Fresh Prince

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 20:37

Pryor will be the next mike vick or vince young maybe not as good as them on the next level but he will prob be picked in first round (and dont forget about troy smith)
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 20:49

I think Prior will be better than Vick, because he can pass.
Back to top Go down
kc killa jr
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
kc killa jr

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 20:51

no way pryor will be better than vick. vick is a freak of nature.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 20:53

But he couldn't pass for s***.

And this is coming from the kid who used to be his biggest fan.

I had all three Jerseys, and autographed rookie card, multiple posters, and tons of falcons shirts.
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty2008-09-17, 20:54

um is mcnabb disappearing?

case closed!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black QB's disapearing   Black QB's disapearing Empty

Back to top Go down

Black QB's disapearing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next