Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

FS to MLB

Go down 
+2
B-__-R-__-B
Oldstalecheetos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-18, 06:31

Hey guys,

As some of you know, ive usered the FS for several years now... im switching to MLB to keep things fresh and have a different game experience... if anyone uses the MLB often, please let me know what youve learned from the difference in gameplay...

-Thx
cheetos
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-18, 10:02

recently ive gone back to my roots and have started running more of my 4-3 stuff than my 4-4 stuff, in the 4-4 its almost a must to user the FS but in the my 4-3 stuff i like to user my MLB and stewart bradley is perfect for it (6'4) i like to defend the imediat seam to intermediate middle, alot of the times i like to have him of the LOS over a gap to make it look like i could possibly be blitzing in that gap then drop from there, since im in the middle i like to drop to whatever seam has the most imediate threat so if there's a slot on the left ill imediatley drop to that seam and take away his quick read, if theres a TE and a slot it just depends on the coverage on the other side of the play, i usually have a yellow or purple on the right so it allows me to drop straight to the left and take away that seam but alot just depends on your defensive scheme as a whole, i love usering the MLB i dono why exactly but its pretty cool IMO.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-18, 11:58

ya, i dont have any problems as to scheme... im more wondering do i square up at the snap or do i use run right away... usering mlb just feels a little different... i think its because its so much closer to the line... ill get it eventually thru unranked gms online... against the comp its too predicatble... run 1st, run 2nd pass 3... weak
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-18, 16:04

yeah i started getting used to it but my run D isnt as good with my MLB as it is with my FS but my pass coverage is better when i user my MLB then my FS...seems kinda backwards but eh, it works it just takes some getting used to
Back to top Go down
NinersWillis52
New MS Member
New MS Member
NinersWillis52

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-05-13

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-18, 16:19

heres some tips from some one whos pretty good at usering the mlb... me!!! =] lol ive been usering the mlb a lot and my scheme is a 3-4 but it works in others as well even in the dime defense well when its a obvious passing situation you can make the mlb play a yellow call a olb blitz and press the coverage, but if its a run stop or sack you want i suggest that you press the coverage using the pinch play or free fire in 4-3 and blitz the left a gap hard as hell! what you wana do is get close to the offensive line but find your zone i have a zone thats about 2 yards from the line to 4 or 5 yards in front of the line and then time the snap and there will always be enough room for a decent speed lb to get through and sack the qb i had gotten 22 sacks in a season with ray lewis on my online franchise and that set a league single season record so yeah when your using the mlb you want to blitz with him most of the time but make sure your coverage behind him is decent at worst and make sure he has good ACC and SPD and you should be good patrick willis is the best for this btw
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-18, 18:14

yea... its taken a few games now, but im starting to get the hang of it...
Back to top Go down
THiZzLeWiZzLe
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
THiZzLeWiZzLe

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-07-26

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-18, 18:32

i like to user one of the mlb in 34 but if im runnin 46 or anything else i stay on fs or ss
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-19, 12:29

At the snap of the ball i hold L2 then if i need to sprint in any direction i let go of it, turn, and run, then when i wanna make a play on the ball i hold L2 again, usering the FS and MLB are essentially the same but differ in some aspects, for me i just got into some unranked games and used stew all game long and it kind of just wore on me to where it was natural.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-19, 12:46

The thing about usering the MLB is it takes away from your run defense. Instead of 7 guys KNOWING it's a run with run commit, it's only 6. If you were the FS it would be 7 guys going to the ball carrier and 8 including you the FS. What i do is bring my MLB back a little bit close to like Safety depth. It helps better with angles on sweeps and jumping slants and crossing routes it also helps you avoid bigger lineman. I find it easier in run defense with the 4-3 and pass defense. Because a lot of times then often, if you user your MLB in the 3-4, you will have a 3 man pass rush, or a weak outside pas rush because if you blitz your OLB it leaves the flats open and if you sprint out there yourself the Middle is wide open, so i advise you to have a stout DT and two fast DE's if you user your MLB in the 3-4.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty2010-05-19, 13:03

ya, its situational for me now... I am used to just playing safety in run situations, and D-End in pass situations... so, I'm just trying to mix it up to keep opponents on their heels moreso than i already do...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FS to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS to MLB   FS to MLB Empty

Back to top Go down

FS to MLB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden Defensive Strategy-
Jump to: