Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Kirk morrison to jags

Go down 
+4
bigbuddah
cmccray2639
TheDon270
wayne019
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Kirk morrison to jags Empty
PostSubject: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 10:47

he was traded to the jags for a draft pick more details when i know em
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 11:30

where did you find this out at?? i been looking all over the net, and the only thing i seen was the raiders made a trade to get jacksonville's 4th round pick and got jacoby ford...but i didn't see anything about morrison being traded.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 11:36

saw it on the draft
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 11:39

i just finally seen it too wayne...the raiders gave up kirk morrison and a 5th round pick to get jags 4th round pick and used it to draft jacoby ford...i think oakland gave up too much to get 1 pick from the jags.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 11:49

yeah it was on the jags site.. looks like oak fell in love with speed again
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 12:26

but im looking forward to what this revamped front 7 can do.. morrison, durant, smith at lb is gonna be pretty stout
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 13:54

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars desperately wanted a middle linebacker in the NFL draft. They had to trade for one and ended up with an established starter.
One day after failing to land Penn State linebacker Sean Lee in the second round, the Jaguars traded a fourth-round pick (No. 108) to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for linebacker Kirk Morrison and a fifth-round selection (No. 153) on Saturday.

2010 NFL Draft

Kirk morrison to jags Draft_hall_042210_250x150

Draft moves to primetime:
» Round 1: Thursday, April 22 (7:30 p.m. ET)
» Rounds 2-3: Friday, April 23 (6 p.m. ET)
» Rounds 4-7: Saturday, April 24 (10 a.m. ET)

Morrison, who led Oakland in tackles the past four seasons, became expendable when the Raiders drafted Alabama star Rolando McClain in the first round Thursday.
Morrison is expected to step right into the middle of Jacksonville's revamped defense, allowing Daryl Smith and Justin Durant to play outside and probably sending Clint Ingram to the bench.
Morrison recently signed his restricted free agent tender and is due $2.51 million next season. He becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2011.
The deal is the latest in the Jaguars' aggressive plan to retool a defense that ranked 23rd in the NFL last season and finished with a franchise-low and NFL-worst 14 sacks.
Jacksonville signed free-agent defensive end Aaron Kampman, released aging lineman Rob Meier and traded underachieving end Quentin Groves to the Raiders. The draft brought even more activity along the defensive front, with the Jaguars selected Tyson Alualu in the first round and D'Anthony Smith in the third.
Many draft analysts and fans considered those picks reaches. But Morrison is much more of a known commodity. A third-round pick from San Diego State in 2005, Morrison has started 79 of 80 games in five seasons. He has 631 tackles, six forced fumbles and five sacks.
The Jaguars tried to trade up to get Lee on Friday. They spoke with the Philadelphia Eagles about packaging some picks in exchange for the 55th overall selection. But the Eagles ended up trading with the NFC East rival Dallas Cowboys, who took Lee at that spot.
Jaguars general manager Gene Smith then turned his attention to Morrison. It was the second trade with Oakland this week. The Jaguars received a fifth-rounder from the Raiders on Wednesday in exchange for Groves.
Jacksonville now has three picks in the fifth and two in the sixth.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 15:57

great pick up for the jags
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 16:51

morrison is not a true mlb. he will excel on the outside. i fell bad for the guy b/c he wanted to be a raider and he grew up a raider. oh well.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 17:31

Wow, finally i can use a 4 linebacker set like 3-4 with my favorite team. Durant, Morrisson, Smith and Ingram sub when people get tired or as a 4th linebacker. Look at it from the jaguars perspective.

Earlier this week, they traded groves (3rd string/worthless to the jags) to the raiders for a 5th.

Then they traded their 4th round pick for morrisson and a 5th round pick.

They traded a late 5th round picks to New Orleans for a 4th round pick next year. So essentially they traded Groves for Morrisson and a pick, I couldnt be happier.

Last edited by Modrewgnu on 2010-04-24, 18:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
high5
New MS Member
New MS Member
high5

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 18:25

I hope the jags d is definetly better I wanted them to get a safety nelson is to soft and a corner would help mathis gets hurt alot and they fall off when hes hurt
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-24, 21:58

Al Davis had to make a stupid deal, since he was drafting so good this year. Morrison and a pick for Jacoby Ford is just stupid. I watched Jacoby play at Clemson and the kid cant run a route. We already have 2 track stars, so why add another. GRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty2010-04-25, 02:37

oakland needs a punt returner and that is what ford will probaly do.. trading morrison was not stupid, but i think us raider fans including me hate to see him go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirk morrison to jags   Kirk morrison to jags Empty

Back to top Go down

Kirk morrison to jags
Page 1 of 1