Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Who has had the WORST Draft so far?

Go down 
+15
XtremeWTRocker
Genno
Crunk
matthauganak1
cmccray2639
Swag Escobar
Ketcham While They're Hot
TheDon270
leway
xXBlackiceXx
PapaSmurf
B-__-R-__-B
so much swag
PeytonMvPManning
IBLEEDGREEN32117
19 posters
AuthorMessage
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty
PostSubject: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-23, 22:52

so who do you think had the worst draft so far?
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-23, 22:53

Jags
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-23, 22:55

you damn right! the jag's.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-23, 23:14

i really dont think the jags was that bad, tyson alualu gots a nasy punch and i mean go watch his 1 on 1 with mike iupati at the senior bowl, pretty impressive, he's just the kind of disrupter the jags need, i would have to say the cowboys, just IMO though, i mean dez bryant and sean lee WILL help them alot, but were those positions NEEDS? i for sure thought they were goin LT or saftey but its whatever either way i think pretty much all the teams are gonna benifit as this is such a deep talented draft class and theres still alot of talent left on the board, another team is houston i mean why pass up kyle wilson for kareem jackson? i realize he's maybe a little bit more pro ready than wilson but wilson i feel like could have easily been the answer to them losing dunta robinson but again kareem jackson is very good in his own right and should help them out, i dont look at it as bad drafts just questionable picks but even then IMO all the teams came away with quality players and will continue to do so tomarrow.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-23, 23:14

jags lol
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-23, 23:36

BEARS ENOUGH SAID
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
leway
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leway

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-23, 23:38

Bills first rd=major lol

Just want to throw that out there
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-23, 23:44

i think jags and broncos
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-24, 00:26

I think the Broncos can be thrown in that mix, BUT it might be safer to say they have the RISKIEST draft so far. There really won't be any way of knowing until we see how these players turn out in a few years. That goes for each and every draft each year though. At first, I felt like they wasted a pick on Tebow, but after trading down their #11 pick and then trading down again at some point, they ended up GAINING a draft pick, even after trading three of them to get Tebow in the first. Still, I think it would've been better to draft Claussen or Mccoy since they were available, if we HAD to go for a QB. Oh well though. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-24, 00:33

broncos... to me it looks like josh mcdaniels purposely skipped the good players to prove a point or something lol remember Bill belli is the good drafter... he was just a fucking offensive coordinator for like 3 seasonshe thinks he is too good lol
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-24, 00:49

jags draft is not bad.. its just not a sexy draft. no big time names, no speed guys, no qb.. but make no mistake about it football is won/lost in the trenches.. the backbone to any good team is the oline/dline.. jags addressed the oline last year and now they are finishing up their dline. a strong pass rush makes the whole defense better. their picks might not mean much on madden, but in real life they are putting together a team thats going to win, and win alot, in the next year or two
Back to top Go down
matthauganak1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
matthauganak1

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-24, 01:12

Bears or broncos for being dumb with tebow when clausen and mcoy was there
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-24, 01:52

The Vikings for drafting Toby Gerhart so early. Some people predicted him not being drafted at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-24, 02:14

CRUNK wrote:
The Vikings for drafting Toby Gerhart so early. Some people predicted him not being drafted at all.

Race.
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-26, 22:15

Definitely the Broncos.

The Broncos just lost one of their best players in Brandon Marshall and with him 100 catches. The Broncos were definitely not going to find another receiver as good as Marshall, but they should have tried to fill the void. Instead they selected Tim Tebow, a player who has been called overrated and will not play for at least 2 years. While Tebow rides the bench for the next year or two, the Broncos will also have to pay him first round money.

I'm not saying that Tebow is going to be good or bad in any way, but it seems like a wasted pick for the Broncos who have failed to beat out the Chargers in their division the past few years.
Back to top Go down
beerbuzz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
beerbuzz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-26, 22:19

bears and the cards had me scratching my head to
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/verminfire
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-26, 22:20

I think the media screwed up big time. Mel Kiper and his buddies have 1 job and 1 job only and that is to guess where teams will pick players. When the Bills took Spiller or the Jags took Alualu, the picks were criticized by the media. That is just to hide that they didnt pick up on guys like that rising on multiple teams draft boardsm when it is their job. They pass off the GM's as being stupid so that they don't look like idiots.

I trust any GM to make the right choice for his team more then Mel Kiper or any other talking head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-26, 22:36

^Mod What about Al Davis and the Raiders?
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-26, 23:18

the andvantage GMs have over MCshay and kiper and other "mock draft experts" is that they have a better understanding of the value of a player. kiper was upset about the bills not taking a QB because after the bills it was unclear about where jimmy clausen would end up and he was all over his nuts. the NFL GMs dont know more about the talent of these players but they know the value. Alualu was said to be a reach because kiper and McShay had him as a later first round pick. jags felt like he was the perfect guy and that other teams had him higher then the late first round grade of most media memebers
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-27, 18:02

XtremeWTRocker wrote:

The raider's had a Gooooooood! draft,i'm f*cking happy for them plus they got a good QB' who can throw more than 20'yard's.lolololo. and i'm gona be balling with them on madden.
Back to top Go down
allain43
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
allain43

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-27, 19:04

Modrewgnu wrote:
I think the media screwed up big time. Mel Kiper and his buddies have 1 job and 1 job only and that is to guess where teams will pick players. When the Bills took Spiller or the Jags took Alualu, the picks were criticized by the media. That is just to hide that they didnt pick up on guys like that rising on multiple teams draft boardsm when it is their job. They pass off the GM's as being stupid so that they don't look like idiots.

I trust any GM to make the right choice for his team more then Mel Kiper or any other talking head.

There is no way you cant say Alualu wasn't a reach at 10.
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-27, 23:14

so much swag wrote:
XtremeWTRocker wrote:

The raider's had a Gooooooood! draft,i'm f*cking happy for them plus they got a good QB' who can throw more than 20'yard's.lolololo. and i'm gona be balling with them on madden.
I just meant in general. Al Davis hasn't exactly been keeping up with the times when picking his draft picks the past few years. I don't think he understands that no longer are the fastest or strongest guys in the draft are necessarily the best players (however it somehow works out well in Madden haha)
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-27, 23:24

allain43 wrote:
Modrewgnu wrote:

There is no way you cant say Alualu wasn't a reach at 10.

Why would you say Alualu was a reach? What can you tell me about the guy that is so bad? You are just one of those people who blindly follow what kiper and mcshay say and if they havent talked about a player you assume they cant play. If either of those guys were that great at evaluating incoming talent dont you think a team would have hired them by now?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty2010-04-28, 01:13

a childhood friend of mine is a freshman at cal and played under tyson and said he is a beast, i think its a great pickup for the jags! they obviously valued him and so did other teams, the jags wouldnt have taken him that high if other teams werent interested in him, but they were so they made sure they got thier guy, smart move IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has had the WORST Draft so far?   Who has had the WORST Draft so far? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who has had the WORST Draft so far?
Page 1 of 1