Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

playing against someone who nano blitzes every play

Go down 
+4
c4jun
layinWOOD
xxkareem1xx
cmccray2639
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty
PostSubject: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-08, 22:03

ok just played a guy that nano blitzed me every single play. not sure exactly how to combat it.. was having success with toss plays at first then clinton portis fumbled and lead to a scoop and score, immediately afterward my ko returner did the same thing so i had to start throwing more and just never felt comfortable with what i was tryin to do.. jw how other people combat someone who nanos every play?
Back to top Go down
xxkareem1xx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xxkareem1xx

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-08, 22:20

just check threw the form archives,im SURE u can find something
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-08, 22:39

Nano's are crazy hard to deal w. If they can get through with instant pressure, its near impossible to play under center. They are most likely sending more people than you have blocking. Play out of Shotgun and pick on their weak spots(because there are some in every nano). Either spread it out with 5 WR, use Snugs with routes that cross each other, attack the flats, or simply motion extra blockers to give yourself more time.

Last edited by layinWOOD on 2010-04-08, 23:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-08, 22:48

Try slide protecting fine easy passes short passes... Run Tosses and screens
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-08, 22:53

you either got to max protect or get everyone out on routes and throw a hot read.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-08, 22:54

yeah i was in shotgun and sendin hb to flats and had closest slot wr running slants.. dude had the flats covered pretty well and my damn wr's kept dropping the slants if anyone was anywhere near them.. it was a frustrating game between fumbles and dropped passes and this dude nanoing every play, but i guess its like that sometimes
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-08, 22:56

to c4jun.. tosses were workin at first then i got outta my gameplan after i got down those two scores. tried throwin wr screens but didnt really try any hb screens
Back to top Go down
leway
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leway

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-08, 23:15

layinWOOD wrote:
They are simply sending more people than you have blocking.
not really. There are some 4 man nanos
Back to top Go down
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-09, 00:03

When i play someone that rushes every play, i use the slot screen which will stop them in their tracks and will think twice about rushing every play, especially if ur playing with a fast and elusive slot reciever
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-09, 01:53

Knowing what kind of nanos your opponent is sending at you can really help you pass protect better. If they are sending people up the gut like in A and B gap nanos, try slide protecting down to give yourself more time. You can also block one of your backs toward the inside.

If your opponent is overloading one side of the ball, slide protect to that side, or motion one of your backs over to that side of the ball and have him block.

Another thing you can do is keep your TE in to block or motion a receiver behind the O-line to help with blocking. If you can stop the pass rush in a nano, you usually can find a receiver open because of the lack of coverage.

Next time, take note of what formation he is in and what players he is using to blitz you. This will greatly help you not only in stopping the blitz, but making your reads.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-09, 01:55

leway wrote:
layinWOOD wrote:
They are simply sending more people than you have blocking.
not really. There are some 4 man nanos

yeah i know a 3 man nano, isnt garunteed pressure but ran on the open side of the line mainly against 5 wide sets it can be nice, dont really use it though cuz its not reliable.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty2010-04-09, 02:01

IBLEEDGREEN32117 wrote:
When i play someone that rushes every play, i use the slot screen which will stop them in their tracks and will think twice about rushing every play, especially if ur playing with a fast and elusive slot reciever

man/ DE contains kill it, but i agree screen can be a nice way to slow your opponent down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: playing against someone who nano blitzes every play   playing against someone who nano blitzes every play Empty

Back to top Go down

playing against someone who nano blitzes every play
Page 1 of 1