Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

WR's at RB???

Go down 
+9
WestFo3
layinWOOD
dracocepheus
chrisc2006
XtremeWTRocker
irishCoffee
Ant1010 I Play Wii
danomite
B-__-R-__-B
13 posters
AuthorMessage
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 00:49

what are your guys views on using WR's like hester, jackson, and harvin as RB's to kind of change the pace of the game? a guy did it to me using hester and it sparked the idea for me, then later that game i ran into a problem, mccoy and westbrook were both too tired to play and there was no way i was giving the ball to eldra full time so i audibled from 4 wide with a TE no RB in the backfield to shotty 2 back and ran power O with jackson, i had celek blocking, and i broke off a 95 yard run, so my question to you all is... is using WR's like jackons and harvin cheap? i know it does go against some tourney rules but for online is it so bad? i mean people line RB's like westbrook and CJ in the slot and out wide all game why not reverse it? just wanna get some input on the matter, your opinions please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
danomite
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-03-14

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 00:58

I never thought of that till now. Especially with teams with a slow RB like the bears.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 01:02

only works if you don't get tackled. Break tackle ratings are diminished greatly, carry as well. be carefullllllllllllll
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 01:15

well the trick is to come out in the 5 wide so they most likely go to a 3 man front that makes it easier, theres only two situations ill use it though, if mccoy and westbrook are tired, or if i need a change of pace, it can greatly throw your OPP. off, but like ant said its risky, high risk high reward.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 01:27

it's better to do it from 5 wide to full house. I use to do that with the Bears and i go Knox at FB and Forte at Fb with Hester at RB for sweeps and i ran fb slams with Knox and Forte. If you can get the the edge, it's great because they're so fast. But as far as having a legit running game with them, it's VERY difficult.
Back to top Go down
irishCoffee
New MS Member
New MS Member
irishCoffee

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-01-29

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 01:38

I do it. Its pretty good to use with receivers like Percy Harvin, DeSean Jackson, and Josh Cribbs because they're pretty elusive. It's definitely a change a of pace. I move my slot receiver into a RB from Singleback or Gun to Far, Near, or Full House formations (givent the PB of course). Just back sure your WR can take a hit because Josh Cribbs usually fumbles for me.

and on a side note if you want a good RB for the Bears use Garret Wolfe instead of Forte. Faster, more elusive and is pretty sweet when your good on the sticks. Forte is my 3rd down back.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 01:40

Forte is my 2nd WR lol. I always start Wolfe
Back to top Go down
irishCoffee
New MS Member
New MS Member
irishCoffee

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-01-29

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 02:17

^ lol the WRs for the bears arent that bad imo. If anything Forte is either my 3rd down back or 4th reciver. Armashodu (w.e. his name is) is 1st, Johnny Knox 2nd, and Hester in the slot. Deadly speed. This also works great with the WR to HB. This makes Hester or Knox the RB/FB in Far and Near formations when out of gun, and Hester will be RB in a Full House or Strong/Weak formation I believe. I actually like the Bears Offense a lot.
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 02:34

As far as I am concerned, placing WR at RB is a nice change of pace, something to run between the 40s. It is similar to running Wildcat though
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 12:29

I like the idea as long as it is an audible down and not subbing guys at the playcall screen or adjusting depth charts. I usually do this on short yardage downs. Call a shotgun play and audible down to FB dive with a WR if I see they can's setup a run defense fast enough.
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 12:52

I have used this before and have mixed in two TE's back there but not very often at all. Like you said your backs are getting to tired to play and you want to put in you WR. The problem in that is you are making you WR tired to play WR . So if you do this don't use it during your hurry up or every other play because you will have nothing but 3rd and 4th string guys in there around the goal line.
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-04, 13:06

I dont really use WR at running back outta fear of a fumble. But I do spell in my 2nd down back alot and even use the Jumbo package (FB) as a good change of pace. Whoever you put at RB its a good idea to share the carries and keep people fresh.
Back to top Go down
WestFo3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
WestFo3

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-11-03

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-10, 03:50

Cribbs is a 81 or 82ovr HB....[switch on offline fran]... so this could work really well with him.
Back to top Go down
134uni5tas789
New MS Member
New MS Member
134uni5tas789

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-08

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-20, 23:14

In my franchise a while back I traded for Hester and changed his position to HB. I made him my 2nd HB, 3DRB, and slot receiver. It worked out great in franchise but never tried it online.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-21, 11:57

McCoy AND Westbrook are too tired? I've never had a situation where both of my top 2 HBs were completely exhausted...unless you always have them on the field at the same time. I run the ball 30 times per game, and have never had the top 2 running backs on my depth worn out at the same time.

With that said, this is not something I really need to do. I use the 49ers and Panthers mostly...so the combos of Gore/Coffee or Williams/Stewart pretty much covers what I need in my running game.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-21, 12:08

AshBlackstone wrote:
McCoy AND Westbrook are too tired? I've never had a situation where both of my top 2 HBs were completely exhausted...unless you always have them on the field at the same time. I run the ball 30 times per game, and have never had the top 2 running backs on my depth worn out at the same time.

With that said, this is not something I really need to do. I use the 49ers and Panthers mostly...so the combos of Gore/Coffee or Williams/Stewart pretty much covers what I need in my running game.

i run my two backs jus like everyone else but i also get brian and shady out wide and in the slot so yeah its real easy for them to get tired when you consider i run them both and utilize them both at slot and wide out, desean at RB is a nice change of pace i dont run desean all game either but i like to play my best guys in mulitple roles i got desean at RB, WC QB, and #1 WR, then throw him in the slot every now and again, i rotate shady in at WC QB, RB, slot, and wide out, brian goes RB, slot, and wide out, i just like to creat mismatches with my opp. defense, if i can get shady matched up on a LB in the slot its a win for me in my eyes, also if i get desean in some the open 1 on 1 with a LB or saftey its usually a TD, thats why i rotate my guys around to different areas of the field to creat mismatches and its a nice change up as well.
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-25, 09:56

Sometimes i do this for screens or tosses but u try to hit the sidelines ASAP lol
Back to top Go down
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-11-29

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty2010-04-26, 22:16

I had a guy use that same thing on me, he was playing with the Bengals and had Chad Johnson.......i mean Ochocinco...at HB and it was working against me! But when you hitstick their ass they fumble the ball almost half the time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WR's at RB??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR's at RB???   WR's at RB??? Empty

Back to top Go down

WR's at RB???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden Offensive Strategy-
Jump to: