Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

4-4 Help

Go down 
+4
Eagles Fan
B-__-R-__-B
XtremeWTRocker
Blackmumba23
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackmumba23
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-04-02

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 03:48

Hey guys I know that your asked this alot of I want to get to the point on this ok, so let me ask you this I need a team that I can nano with. If you can help me with the setup and
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 04:21

Well you need a team who runs a 4-3 personnel. This will be the first step. A team with great LB speed is also great. Having great stick stills with a safety or MLB is also necessary.

There are so many great teams out there, try playing with a few of them in practice mode so you can get a feel for each teams personnel.

I'll give you one nano to get you started
4-4 Cover 1
Setup:
1. Blitz both MLBs
2. Place them between the DTs
3. Play as the safety to protect the middle and deep areas of the field

Just remember. It is not who you pick, but how you use them.
Good Luck

Oh and a quick edit here: try to audible from dollar or quarter to 4-4 for more speed on the field
Back to top Go down
Blackmumba23
New MS Member
New MS Member

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 04:29

Thanks but I want a team not a play I have nanos already and I want the setup of the team players sorry guys
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 04:33

I can help you out still. Do you have any preferences?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 04:37

really you can use most teams for the 4-4, 3-4 base or 4-3 base teams, the eagles work fine for me, as do the chargers and patriots, the thing with the 4-4 is that you gotta kick those bigger DE's to tackle and usually former DE's that are playing LB to DE, like on the ravens ill kick ngata inside and play suggs at end or something similar to that, but with the base 4-3 teams its usually straight up, DE's on the team playing DE and DT's playing DT, there are some execptions, alot of 3-4 teams are great 4-4 teams cuz you have the ability to get higher ratings out of the bigger 5-technique DE's, like ngata and castillo for example. but all in all if you have a favorite team just use them it can work alot of people dont think the eagles are a good 4-4 team but they perform very well for me, the only instance where i would stay away from the 4-4 is if the linebacking groupe is absolutely horrible but you should be able to get it to work with alot of teams, maybe list some of your favorite teams and i can help you with the depth chart setup.
Back to top Go down
Blackmumba23
New MS Member
New MS Member

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 04:48

XtremeWTRocker wrote:
I can help you out still. Do you have any preferences?

Well a team that I can run New Orleans Saints playbook with and I like to run the ball with a lil if PA
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 04:50

Well I have a good 49er setup.
Place ROLB Haralson at LE
Place SS Lewis at ROLB
Place LE Sopoaga to DE2

This will give you the big, strong front line you need for the 4-4. User skills at safety are also necessary.

If you are like me, i prefer my safety in a 4-4 or 46 to have good tackling and hit power. If so move SS Lewis to FS and move ROLB Brooks to the starting spot.

Last edited by XtremeWTRocker on 2010-04-02, 05:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 04:52

With them you also have an accurate QB in Smith and a big time RB in Gore. You also have one of the best rookie WRs in Crabtree

Last edited by XtremeWTRocker on 2010-04-02, 04:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackmumba23
New MS Member
New MS Member

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 04:54

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
really you can use most teams for the 4-4, 3-4 base or 4-3 base teams, the eagles work fine for me, as do the chargers and patriots, the thing with the 4-4 is that you gotta kick those bigger DE's to tackle and usually former DE's that are playing LB to DE, like on the ravens ill kick ngata inside and play suggs at end or something similar to that, but with the base 4-3 teams its usually straight up, DE's on the team playing DE and DT's playing DT, there are some execptions, alot of 3-4 teams are great 4-4 teams cuz you have the ability to get higher ratings out of the bigger 5-technique DE's, like ngata and castillo for example. but all in all if you have a favorite team just use them it can work alot of people dont think the eagles are a good 4-4 team but they perform very well for me, the only instance where i would stay away from the 4-4 is if the linebacking groupe is absolutely horrible but you should be able to get it to work with alot of teams, maybe list some of your favorite teams and i can help you with the depth chart setup.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
*New York Giants
Washington Redskins
*Miami Dolphins
*Tennessee Titans

The ones that I put the stars next to are the ones that I really want to know how to set them up 4-4
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 05:00

For the Dolphins I would place ROLB Porter at LE. I would then place SS Bell at ROLB. I would then move LE Langford to DE
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 05:11

I'd love to stay and help more, but I got to sleep. It's 2:15 out here on the west coast. PM me if you need more help and I can help you in the morning. Maybe I can help you lab it too. See ya
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 06:03

thats alot of teams to really get in depth with so ill give you some helpfull tips on how i set my depth charts up, first if its a 4-3 team look to play the players pretty much straight up unless you see a player become higher rated at another position and are willing to move him there, in a 3-4 team like i said look to kick the bigger DE's inside with the DT's and look to play those hybrid backers at DE, for your corners you want solid zone corners so play your best zone DB's at the two starting CB slots, as for the saftey it needs to be a DYNAMIC user player meaning he's gotta be tall or fast or can hit hard, something that makes him stand out, and more importantly cause turnovers, when chosing wich backers to play look at the speed in the linebacking group and see if you got any players over 80 speed, then look to tackle and zone ratings, if a player is fast but cant tackle or cover i dont play them, if they got speed and can only do one, cover or tackle im a lil more leaniant with them and will work them into my scheme, speed is nice to have but it isnt a must, look to have DE's that you can drop and that are versatile they'll help you out a ton, i like having tall DT's it isnt a must but when i spy them they do go up for picks occasionaly, a must for your interior linemen is they must be stout against the run if there weak it leaves the middle open to dives and other runs up the middle, if you have more than two good pass rushers and want to incorporate them into your scheme then sub him in on 3rd downs or passing downs to rush the passer, ill do this with darren howard or victor abiamiri, ill have bunk and patterson play 1st and 2nd down as they are usually run downs, then once i get them to a passing situation or 3rd and long ill sub in abiamiri and howard so i get a better pass rush and it also allows me to spell bunk and patterson keeping them fresh throughout the game, i think if you run the 4-4 you gotta use that single high saftey and take away as much of the middle of the field as possible i always play it short to deep middle and it works well for me, this is also where a DYNAMIC user player will come in cuz if you have good stick skills you ultimatley take away the middle of the field almost completely, these are just some of the philosophies i have when setting up the 4-4, take this and run with it, i dont want to give you my exact setup cuz there taylored for my scheme specificley, and im sure we dont run the exact same scheme so i feel like you would benifit more if you came up with something all your own. any other 4-4 questions just get at me.
Back to top Go down
Eagles Fan
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-01

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 09:28

I USE THE CHARGERS THEIR LBS ARE REALLY FAST AND YOU HAVE CROMARTIE AT FS WHO IS A BEAST. YOU DONT REALLY NEED GOOD DES BECAUSE MOST OF THE TIME YOU'LL PUT THE IN FLAT, BUZZ, CONTAINS , ETC...
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 14:12

well in my scheme my DE's are pretty much linebackers with there hands in the dirt, i drop them a ton so speed and the ability to cover is a must, im not gonna drop DE's like castillo or olshansky, i will however drop ends like cole or abraham, i dont ever really put my ends in flats cuz it just doesnt get the job done you might as well blitz them they cant get out to cover the flats as good as the OLB slid out a bit, i mean the flats are crap as it is but i feel like i have a better chance at covering the flats with my OLB's instead of my DE's.
Back to top Go down
Blackmumba23
New MS Member
New MS Member

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 14:19

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
thats alot of teams to really get in depth with so ill give you some helpfull tips on how i set my depth charts up, first if its a 4-3 team look to play the players pretty much straight up unless you see a player become higher rated at another position and are willing to move him there, in a 3-4 team like i said look to kick the bigger DE's inside with the DT's and look to play those hybrid backers at DE, for your corners you want solid zone corners so play your best zone DB's at the two starting CB slots, as for the saftey it needs to be a DYNAMIC user player meaning he's gotta be tall or fast or can hit hard, something that makes him stand out, and more importantly cause turnovers, when chosing wich backers to play look at the speed in the linebacking group and see if you got any players over 80 speed, then look to tackle and zone ratings, if a player is fast but cant tackle or cover i dont play them, if they got speed and can only do one, cover or tackle im a lil more leaniant with them and will work them into my scheme, speed is nice to have but it isnt a must, look to have DE's that you can drop and that are versatile they'll help you out a ton, i like having tall DT's it isnt a must but when i spy them they do go up for picks occasionaly, a must for your interior linemen is they must be stout against the run if there weak it leaves the middle open to dives and other runs up the middle, if you have more than two good pass rushers and want to incorporate them into your scheme then sub him in on 3rd downs or passing downs to rush the passer, ill do this with darren howard or victor abiamiri, ill have bunk and patterson play 1st and 2nd down as they are usually run downs, then once i get them to a passing situation or 3rd and long ill sub in abiamiri and howard so i get a better pass rush and it also allows me to spell bunk and patterson keeping them fresh throughout the game, i think if you run the 4-4 you gotta use that single high saftey and take away as much of the middle of the field as possible i always play it short to deep middle and it works well for me, this is also where a DYNAMIC user player will come in cuz if you have good stick skills you ultimatley take away the middle of the field almost completely, these are just some of the philosophies i have when setting up the 4-4, take this and run with it, i dont want to give you my exact setup cuz there taylored for my scheme specificley, and im sure we dont run the exact same scheme so i feel like you would benifit more if you came up with something all your own. any other 4-4 questions just get at me.

then help me with the setup for this team Miami Dolphins
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 14:48

this is based on my scheme:

LE- charlie anderson

RE- cameron wake

DT's- randy starks & jason ferguson

LOLB- jason taylor

MLB's- aikin ayodele & channing crowder

ROLB- joey porter

CB's- will allen & vonte davis

FS- sean smith

-where you decide to put taylor and porter will depend on who's more active in your scheme.
Back to top Go down
sliqnes
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
sliqnes

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-03-05

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 15:00

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
well in my scheme my DE's are pretty much linebackers with there hands in the dirt, i drop them a ton so speed and the ability to cover is a must, im not gonna drop DE's like castillo or olshansky, i will however drop ends like cole or abraham, i dont ever really put my ends in flats cuz it just doesnt get the job done you might as well blitz them they cant get out to cover the flats as good as the OLB slid out a bit, i mean the flats are crap as it is but i feel like i have a better chance at covering the flats with my OLB's instead of my DE's.

Whats your lineup for philly?
Back to top Go down
B.Z.
New MS Member
New MS Member
B.Z.

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-02-02

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 15:01

I ran the 4-4 with the 'Phins for a couple of months. It worked really well. Good Luck
Offense was terrible. Got out of there. If you can get something with Pat White and can control his accuracy and the receivers' catching issues, they can be dangerous.

Last edited by B.Z. on 2010-04-02, 15:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
B.Z.
New MS Member
New MS Member
B.Z.

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 15:09

Blackmumba23 wrote:

Well a team that I can run New Orleans Saints playbook with and I like to run the ball with a lil if PA

Blackmumba23 wrote:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
*New York Giants
Washington Redskins
*Miami Dolphins
*Tennessee Titans

The ones that I put the stars next to are the ones that I really want to know how to set them up 4-4

If you are going to run a lot and mix in some PA:
DON'T use the Dolphins (can't pass)
Titans could be a good fit.
Giants have a good run game, I haven't used them so I really don't know to what extent they are.
The Bucs fit about the same frame as the Dolphins, maybe even a little worse, so I wouldn't recommend it.
The 'Skins have a solid run game, and if you work at passing and user catching, you could have a nice offense.

I know this had nothing to do with the 4-4 subject, but I thought I would give him my opinion on what teams he wanted setups for and how their offenses would run.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 15:12

sliqnes wrote:
B-__-R-__-B wrote:

Whats your lineup for philly?

i see your a philly fan! always glad to help so again this is based off my scheme yours might be different so dont feel like you cant make a few minor adjustments.

LE- juqua parker

RE- trent cole

DT's- broderick bunkley & mike patterson

LOLB- akeem jordan

MLB's- stewart bradley & jeremiah trotter

ROLB- will witherspoon

CB's- sheldon brown & asante samuel

FS- macho harris

- dont worry about the speed in the middle they hit home and trotter is a solid hitter and tackler so no worrys there at FS i like macho harris cuz he catches the ball better but i also mess around with demps cuz of his speed and mikell and sean jones for there hitting ablities and stregnth against the run.
Back to top Go down
B.Z.
New MS Member
New MS Member
B.Z.

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 15:13

^^ that plus their offense = awesome
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-02, 17:04

That is a nice lineup for Philly. I might try that.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-03, 01:03

If you limit the Dolphins to 4 backers, you're crazy. They have 5 db's that MUST see the field. Only 2 godo backer. Wake and Taylor. Crowder is average, like a worse version of Nick Barnett.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-03, 03:28

Ant1010 wrote:
If you limit the Dolphins to 4 backers, you're crazy. They have 5 db's that MUST see the field. Only 2 godo backer. Wake and Taylor. Crowder is average, like a worse version of Nick Barnett.
Have you ever heard of this guy named Joey Porter?
P.S. i know he left, but he's still on madden 10.
Back to top Go down
Blackmumba23
New MS Member
New MS Member

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty2010-04-03, 03:32

B-__-R-__-B wrote:

Tennessee Titans

Hey how would you set there players up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4-4 Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 Help   4-4 Help Empty

Back to top Go down

4-4 Help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden Defensive Strategy-
Jump to: