Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Running Constantly!

Go down 
+6
Madden's Finest 200
Jimmy Freedom90
Th3 Ac3r
matthauganak1
layinWOOD
wildbig42
10 posters
AuthorMessage
wildbig42
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Running Constantly! Empty
PostSubject: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-03-31, 19:02

I was curious how to stop someone who keeps running everydown and when u know its run and u cant stop it what play out of TEN playbook can stop the run.....I was also curious if anyone out there who can run the whole game (which i have done once and won...lol) and do it successfully if ur there post some plays and tips. i used to be able to do it against lvls 1-5 but now i start playing lvl 8+ and its not working."I CAN PASS" but i have alot more fun running the ball
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-03-31, 21:46

Good question. Its most likely goaline offtackle which is very hard to stop IMO. Best advice i could give you is go into practice mode and play D against goaline running plays until you feel confident in stoppin the run. As for 4-4 i wouldnt know, dont use it. Lots of people on this site do tho, so someone else should be able give you some good plays outta 4-4 for stoppin the run.
Back to top Go down
matthauganak1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
matthauganak1

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-03-31, 22:08

I like to run in blanced full house or goalline but I don't run that much anymore
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-03-31, 22:39

What kind of runs are you having trouble with?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Jimmy Freedom90

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-04-01, 02:00

Well if you think it's a run, the easiest thing is to look at which side of the line is strong, like where the TE, cuz chances are that is where the run is going, or you can look at which side the FB is behind the QB. for example, if he's on the left side behind the QB, then the run will be focused towards the left.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-04-01, 02:31

i would suggest doing a nano to stop the run, so if they pass you can sack them. You have to blitz if you want to stop the run.
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-04-01, 09:35

If he is pitching or running toss plays,which im sure he is, manually bring the safety's down five yards outside each DE and put them in yellow zones.
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-04-02, 01:05

What formation your in is a big factor in stopping the run. Formations with multiple LBs will help with sure tackling. Although having multiple backs adds great speed to your D, they may not have what it takes to bring down a big RB.

Knowing what kind of runs your opponent uses can greatly aid you. Inside runs can be stopped by pinching or crashing your D line. A and B gap blitzes can also help.

Outside runs can be a little more serious. They usually can end up with a big loss or a huge gain. This can be stopped by spreading or crashing out your line. You can also place DEs or OLBs in contain.

Other:
Nanos can be huge and result in big losses.
CB blitzes can help stop stretches and tosses
Using the show blitz feature can help get the defense in a great run stopping position.
You can also slide your linebackers or blitz them toward the side of the run.
One (not so) secret of mine is to place a FS or MLB 7-10 yds off the line in a spy. He will automatically follow the ball whether it is a run or a play action. If it is PA, he will be in a nice position for drags/crossing routes.

I know these aren't specific but these are all small adjustments you can make to your plays. It would be much easier if I knew what kind of runs he ran against you and what playbook you use.
Back to top Go down
Moore's Pats
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Moore's Pats

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-04-03, 15:06

Nanos are killer vs the run i used to get raped by toss plays so i know how frustrating this can be find a good nano like sting pinch zone and user the safty
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty2010-04-05, 12:59

Moore's Pats wrote:
Nanos are killer vs the run i used to get raped by toss plays so i know how frustrating this can be find a good nano like sting pinch zone and user the safty
thats why u contain the OLB on the side you think the toss will go and still user the FS..... you will get the RB everytime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running Constantly!   Running Constantly! Empty

Back to top Go down

Running Constantly!
Page 1 of 1