Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

how to stop the squib kick

Go down 
+9
MiamiXCanes
TheBillsFly
rezzew
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Madden's Finest 200
Th3 Ac3r
o Cpt ViDeO o
B-__-R-__-B
irobson
13 posters
AuthorMessage
irobson
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-01-21

how to stop the squib kick Empty
PostSubject: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 13:58

this is for anyone who is having problems with people squibbing all the time on their kick offs. If you know the guy is going to squibb against you all you have to do is call an onside kick. This will put your returner in a perfect place to receive the squibb.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 17:24

but couldnt he jus auidible to regular kick off and book it out of the end zone?
Back to top Go down
irobson
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 18:31

yeah but some people cheese and don't do regular kick offs...plus it depends on your back if you have someone really fast like reggie bush back there it doesn't matter if he regular kicks it...he'll still run and get it
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 18:51

IMO squibing isnt cheesing, its a tactic but thats jus my opinion, i tried this and found if you line drive it to the opposite corner of the return man it'll either roll inot the endzone or land in the endzone if you gotta kicker with a big leg, or it'll land on like the 10, ill let my OPP. return it from the 10 all day if he wants to go onside kick recovery on me, but your right if they do squib it most of the time one of the two return men are in perfect position to return it, good tip man.
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 18:59

Sometimes it takes good user skill too
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mdott360
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 19:09

irobson wrote:
yeah but some people cheese and don't do regular kick offs...plus it depends on your back if you have someone really fast like reggie bush back there it doesn't matter if he regular kicks it...he'll still run and get it

HAHA squibbing is "cheese" now??

God as soon as someone finds something that is aggravating they label it as cheese
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 19:12

scoring touchdowns with CJ is considered cheese now-a-days also. "You do tosses with CJ, stop cheesing".
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 19:14

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
irobson wrote:

HAHA squibbing is "cheese" now??

God as soon as someone finds something that is aggravating they label it as cheese

Exactly its the easy way out to not owning up their own faults and they're incompetence to play great defense.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 19:25

i get annoyed when my opp squibs it all day but it does give me good field position and gives me a good reason to abuse the out route rc for the rest of the game. i wouldn't call squibing cheesing. cheesing who comes up with these names
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 19:42

Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ wrote:
i get annoyed when my opp squibs it all day but it does give me good field position and gives me a good reason to abuse the out route rc for the rest of the game. i wouldn't call squibing cheesing. cheesing who comes up with these names

The Unskilled players, which is unfortunate because the majority of the madden community are not as skilled as they thought they were.
Back to top Go down
rezzew
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 20:37

Squibbing really isn't cheesing as in madden 10 kick returns are WAYYY too easy imho. They were never that easy in 09 but in 10 it's almost comical how easy it is to return a kick off.

Even if your special teams has 3 bars, there are still those team you play where all your men fall down like dominos, and if the returner has decent speed he can return it untouched with ease.

So just depending on the team, sometimes it's necessary to squib so you don't give up 6 everytime you kick the ball off.
Back to top Go down
TheBillsFly
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 23:04

playing offense is cheese nowadays
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-18, 23:14

"ahhhhh dude you hiked the ball!!!!!!!!!! stop cheesing and just get a delay of game."

gosh some people just ruin this game now dont they?? i F-ing hate it when they hike it. im so tired of that cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-19, 00:12

MiamiXCanes wrote:
"ahhhhh dude you hiked the ball!!!!!!!!!! stop cheesing and just get a delay of game."

gosh some people just ruin this game now dont they?? i F-ing hate it when they hike it. im so tired of that cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG HE HIKED THE BALL?

I CAN'T STAND CHEESERS,

I JUST PLAYED A GUY AND HE CALLED A TIMEOUT. WOW CHEESERS
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-19, 17:16

yea but why do they use the word cheese. y cheese damn u. i f-ing love cheese and now people have given it a bad name. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH im going to loot some stores now and cause a riot how to stop the squib kick 898283
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-19, 20:11

Squibbing is not cheesing..some teams dont have great coverage skills so why kick it to like Jackson or Harvin,. thats dumb especially when the game is tight...its part of the game.. the nfl does it all the time kicking away from Bush or hester or anyone else who is dominating back there..
Back to top Go down
beerbuzz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
beerbuzz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-19, 21:02

thx for the tip my buddys hates kicking to me cus i run it home alot on them so now i still can drive them nuts lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/verminfire
thegame11
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-26, 20:43

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
IMO squibing isnt cheesing, its a tactic but thats jus my opinion, i tried this and found if you line drive it to the opposite corner of the return man it'll either roll inot the endzone or land in the endzone if you gotta kicker with a big leg, or it'll land on like the 10, ill let my OPP. return it from the 10 all day if he wants to go onside kick recovery on me, but your right if they do squib it most of the time one of the two return men are in perfect position to return it, good tip man.
i don't think its cheesing either but it becomes cheesy when the returner gets retarded and runs right by the dang ball that's some dumb as s h i t.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-26, 21:52

theres ways around it, you can manually return it, run your guy by it then click off, either way its more effective to find ways around things like this than to simply call it cheese or cheating, i mean there really is cheese and cheating but i dont consider this cheese or cheating, when someone squibs to me i automatically focus all my attention on getting the ball in my retruners hands then i can worry about getting up field, i start off the kick off by taking the guy in front of the returner and running him up field but if i see squib i automatically drop that gameplan and try to get the ball into my guys hands and if theres space get up field if not then get down or get out of bounds, i dont just let them squib it and watch the ball while my guy does nothing i do all i can to get my guy to pick it up, most of the time though the returners will pick the ball up though. if theres a way around it or a way to defeat it its not cheese if theres absolutely no way you can do anything about it then its cheese and its cheating, now if someone is just whippin you its not cheese or cheating, the only thing i really consider cheating is D/C glitches everything else there seems to be a way around it.
Back to top Go down
dr806
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty2010-03-27, 01:12

Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ wrote:
yea but why do they use the word cheese. y cheese damn u. i f-ing love cheese and now people have given it a bad name. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH im going to loot some stores now and cause a riot how to stop the squib kick 898283

haha thats fucken funny....but its not hard to get a squib kick ive returned a few with harvin just keep following your blockers as usual
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to stop the squib kick   how to stop the squib kick Empty

Back to top Go down

how to stop the squib kick
Page 1 of 1