HomeHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Share | 

How to become good at running?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: How to become good at running?   2010-03-17, 21:31

I don't care about the plays I just want to learn how to beast on running the ball I use The Steelers playbook if anyone wants to know an I use Philly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: How to become good at running?   2010-03-17, 21:38

its all about the play, the way you set it up, and the reads you make, also dont always run to the strong side, mix in some counters and weakside runs that'll keep them from committing a ton of there players to the strong side, use vick on some rollouts and designed QB draws to force them to do certain things wether it be blitzing CB's or having contains or spy's, it all helps twoards a nice strong running game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: How to become good at running?   2010-03-17, 22:29

Use motion to setup different running plays.. Use motion to fill holes in the gaps where you want to run to.. Dont sprint as soon as you get the ball, pick your hole first and then sprint..

DONT try to score a touchdown every running play.. Its not gonna happen, you just have to know when to give up on a play.. When your running back has broken four tackles and is tied up with a defender, just go down dont try to juke out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jayrock712
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: How to become good at running?   2010-03-19, 17:02

AGREED.its about making pre reads my favorite run formation with philly playbook (which isnt the best for running)is singleback twins because it gives you a balanced line with TE on both ends of the line. This confuses the defense by making them respect run to either side of the ball. then just count guys on each side run to weaker side. also most important know what your RB is good at dont go trying to juke ppl with steven jackson run em over n juke em with guys like d. williams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to become good at running?   

Back to top Go down

How to become good at running?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1