Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

High school football

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

High school football Empty
PostSubject: High school football   High school football Empty2010-03-17, 19:04

one of my best, if not my favorite memorie from my 4 years of high school was the football season. 4 years on varsity so i played at the top level of high school football (we were 5A). and every single time, before every game we would gather around, hold hands (no homo) and say the lords prayer. something about going into battle with all those other guys was an AMAZING feeling for me and when we did that prayer every friday night that was when it sunk in. that prayer alone made me feel like i was honestly part of a big family. aside from the games themselves, that prayer and that moment still means alot to me

now to get to the point. im not sure how old this is, and im sorry if im real late to the subject. but i read something that they MUST keep church and school apart, meaning they are banning the lords prayer in pregame or halftime. this is comeplete bullshit. im by no means a religius person at all, but they CANT take that away from the players. it is to big a part of my experiance as a high school football player and im sure many other feel the same way. im just kind of ranting here but i want to make sure this doesnt get to the point being totaly gone and banned from sports. im sure anybody else who played sports and had something to do with it can understand what im saying. i still have it memorized and i will ever forget it

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom,
the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever. Amen
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Empty2010-03-17, 22:45

reiligion causes alot of problems and sports shouldnt be a religious issue so i can understand keepin em separate

yea it may seem silly but religion just causes tension....they can still do a prayer in private
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Empty2010-03-17, 23:14

Now I never did play HS football too long cause our coach was very a favoring bigot with no sense for playcalling.

There are two things in life you never discuss: Religion and Politics. People have STRONG opinions about who should be president and it'll break twenty year old bonds that are with your kindergarten friend.

We did; however, have one religious meeting before the game. I literally dislike christianity for many reasons I'm not willing to dispute but I don't see why it should be banned. First of all, it is a self motivator to play for a higher power and win in gods name. This isn't any better than when they tried to removed the words "Under God" in the plede of allegiance. It's just some lil faggot trying to sue to make money. i.e: the lady who spilt hot coffee on her crotch at McDonalds.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Empty2010-03-22, 19:25

the lords prayer was prolly one of my favorite moments in HS. When we said that prayer, we knew it was gametime. oh great memories!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High school football   High school football Empty

Back to top Go down

High school football
Page 1 of 1