Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Nickle D-fense

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bullethead527
New MS Member
New MS Member
bullethead527

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Nickle D-fense Empty
PostSubject: Nickle D-fense   Nickle D-fense Empty2010-03-15, 02:58

How come nobody every talks about using the Nickle Normal D??? I use it from time to time and think its an ok D, i have 4 down lineman, two safties, two LB and 3 Corners. I usually can defend the run okay, enough DB's to cover the WR's and two safeties just in case someone breaks loose, even the zone packages are decent, but at times i do get burned by a TE, because the safety usually picks him up in man coverage, or if the streak him up the field he gets between the line backer and the safety so at times ill manually will control the LB that is assigned on the side of the TE and kind of play man than if he seems well covered ill switch to the lineman and try to get a sack.... I just wondered if anybody out there, uses the nickle more often that the 3-4, 4-4, 4-6 and 4-3, I think these defense have too many flaws, trying to cover mulitple receivers and HB's catching balls out of the backfield, and using a dime or qtr D, sets you up to get ran all over. i JUST WONDER HOW YALL FEEL ABOUT THAT????
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Nickle D-fense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickle D-fense   Nickle D-fense Empty2010-03-15, 03:37

lots of people use the nickle packages, i dont though just cant bring enough heat with it, while the 3-4, 4-3, and 4-4 have less coverage than say a nickle package, they bring more heat IMO, i wouldnt say the 46 has coverage problems cuz it has the speed package wich lets you match up against recievers cuz it takes your oLB's out and subs DB's in there place so to me using the 46 isnt a problem, but if i am facing real coverage problems with my 4-4 scheme a simple audible down from dollar fixes that but i rarely do that, ill only get out of the 4-4 if im getting absolutely burned if its a few plays here and there thats fine but if im getting torched ill usually get out to a GL defense or some sort of nickle package to compensate, but the nickle packages are good to use and can be real effective.
Back to top Go down

Nickle D-fense
Page 1 of 1