HomeHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Share | 

HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips   2010-03-11, 16:51

KODOUBLE24 wrote:
Jimmy Freedom90 wrote:
i usually use stiff arm when i'm running down the sideline and i see a guy coming. it stops the ball from being fumbled on a big hit - if that happens.

lol...this is 2 FUNNY I'M ABOUT TO DIE!!!haha..yooooo if you decide you want to use the stiff arm!!!you have a greater chance of getting the ball stripped!!!ITS A FKKN FACT!!ANDNYBODY THAT DNT BELIEVE ME SAY SOMETHIN....LOL JUST PLAYING!BUT I WANNA LET YOU GUYS KNOW THE TRUTH!!!!WHEN YOU USE THE STIFF ARM YOUR PUTTING ONE ARM OUT!!AND YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING STRIPPED!!!DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If it's a 1 on 1 situation his logic makes perfect sense. How is the defender going to strip the ball? If you throw the stiff arm at him he isn't going to get anywhere close to the ball.

Also am I the only one who is pissed that there is no longer a "switch hands" button? This legitimately pisses me off sometimes when I am running along the sideline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips   2010-03-12, 03:09

Well there is not a "switch hands button," but if you're running down, lets say the left sideline, and the ball is in your right hand, press A and the ball will be switched to the other hand, you'll see the animation because it slows down the runner a little, then after the ball is switched you can use stiff arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips   2010-03-12, 06:53

Jimmy Freedom90 wrote:
Well there is not a "switch hands button," but if you're running down, lets say the left sideline, and the ball is in your right hand, press A and the ball will be switched to the other hand, you'll see the animation because it slows down the runner a little, then after the ball is switched you can use stiff arm.

You are rite he will switch hands since pushing A is to stiff arm and he won't be stiff arming anyone with the ball.... lol. So the is no need for a "switch hand button"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips   2010-03-12, 14:12

I gotta start using the stiff arm more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips   2010-03-13, 19:55

My disappointment in the lack of a switch hands button has nothing to do with stiff arming, I was just stating that it gets annoying because you shouldn't have to slow down so much just to put the ball in the opposite hand, this was on the old gen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips   2010-03-14, 04:26

yeah dude i do remember when there was a button for it. but i think the whole "slow down" part is EA's way of switching hands more realistic. Idk though, regardless, stiff arm while down the sideline = a good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips   2010-03-16, 19:49

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
My disappointment in the lack of a switch hands button has nothing to do with stiff arming, I was just stating that it gets annoying because you shouldn't have to slow down so much just to put the ball in the opposite hand, this was on the old gen.

Even then on the old Gens all he wold do is just switch hands. Now it's a stiff arm witch is better since he will stiff arm the defender and switch the ball to the other hand away from the defender if needed. But any motion given (stiff arm, truck, juke or spin) to help your guy out from the defender tackling you will slow you down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wangtangkiki
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips   2010-03-21, 00:18

You can tap the X button or A for XBOX to switch the ball to the other hand. If you press the X button instead of tap it, you'll do a stiff arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips   

Back to top Go down

HD of the stiffarm (WHEN/HOW/WAYS) LF tips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2