Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play

Go down 
+2
BoSpOrTsFaN
SuprmnxXx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty
PostSubject: PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play   PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty2008-09-08, 05:26

Since I can't play online with madden 09 for the ps3 this year without being disconnected on just about every other game, I thought I would try and see what its "little brother" was up to this year on the PS2. I was "shocked" since I haven't played a madden ps2 game since 04, that how much better the game-play is on the ps2 version. Although the controls are "extremely" different, the passing game is "miles" better and the running is a notch better to.... what! let me say this... Madden on the ps2, the whole game just plays better than the Ps3 from offense to defense to special teams. EA! why can't you make a ps3 madden play as good as its little brother on the PS2 or should I say "bigger" brother because it older and plays "so much better" scratch... Anyway, I was just wondering what my fellow madden/school brothers thought of this and wonder, if any of you have played the ps2 version this year... I know, its hard to imagine going back "especially" if you have been playing the Ps3 version "but" if you really want to know what madden should be playing like on the PS3 this year... do yourself a favor and try out the PS2 version... it just plays that much better. I have to say this as well... the TD celebration on the ps2 are what the PS3 version should have been like. If only! the EA madden team would make a PS3 madden play like the PS2 with PS3 graphics... Anyway! there always next year, right guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play   PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty2008-09-08, 21:16

i think the gameplay is more fluent on the ps2 but i'm sticking to the ps3. the graphics are much better and there is more features... i think.
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

PostSubject: Re: PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play   PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty2008-09-09, 00:11

Yeah! the play is awhole lot more fluent and no the ps2 has more features as usual.

1. QB Avoidance Stick
2. Direct Receivers
3. Custom play Memory
4. Double moves- receivers and agile backs
5. Formation Audible- you run the same play but in a different formation Very Happy... very nice edition to madden.
6. My Apartment
7. Family Play

These are but of the few features that the PS2 version has the PS3 doesn't. I guess as usual the ps3 version might get maybe 1 or 2 of these great features next year... but you know how EA likes to keep us waiting, scratch maybe by 2011.
Back to top Go down
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Winktin Rampage Jackson

Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play   PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty2008-09-18, 22:16

Yup Ps2 is where it's at! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=9357309
iNfam0us88
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
iNfam0us88

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play   PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty2008-09-18, 22:34

Id rather have the 100times better graphics then anything on the ps2..but the Formation Audible whould be nice... Sad maybe next year
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

PostSubject: Re: PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play   PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty2008-09-19, 10:54

Ps3 Madden graphics with Ps2 Madden game play and features = WOW! I think this will eventually happen and will see the Ps3 Madden game play and features evolve like the Ps2 Madden game play and features have... I mean, the Ps2 game engine is into it's 8th year and something has to be said for that.
Back to top Go down
N MY PRIME
New MS Member
New MS Member
N MY PRIME

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play   PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty2008-09-25, 23:57

I couldnt agree more CG is way better than NG...I actually like the NG graphics and set up but the actual gameplay is terrible. Madden on NG is one of the worsts games ive ever played period. Maybe its cause i could never get used to it..but thats because CG to me is much more smooth and more fun to play which is why i started playing in the first place...FOR FUN not for graphics.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play   PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty2008-09-30, 23:35

i honestly believe if the put the effort into 1 game into 1 system that it would be nice...i honestly think ps2 needs to jus go away caus there is no use for it wen u have ng the moving forward not the staying stagnent that ps2 offers...u dont have the money then o well...u...wat ppl dont undastand is that ng has so much potential that the cg doesnt have so they can do stuff that and kno how it will go caus they have tapped out the ps2 and havent tapped out the ps3 and it is in the 8th yr so they have it down they can come out every yr with a different product faster and the next gen isnt there yet which is y i think that they should take more time to develop the game since ppl think that cg is so much better than ng...i cant believe it...its a dinosaur...im not trippin on EA and the madden franchise caus ng will be better i just think that they need to take more time in developing the game caus to me the graphics are where they will be at for awhile and now the game play can catch up caus there are things they can put into the ng that the cg has...its a tria version in my eyes ng is the future and they put things in the cg to see how they work thats how i look at it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play   PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play Empty

Back to top Go down

PS2 VS PS3 madden game-play
Page 1 of 1