Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

MJD wins the madden bowl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

MJD wins the madden bowl Empty
PostSubject: MJD wins the madden bowl   MJD wins the madden bowl Empty2010-03-01, 18:22

Maurice Jones-Drew grew up mowing John Madden's lawn. These days, it's John Madden giving MJD a call to congratulate him, not for his mastery of the hedge clippers, but for his mastery of his video game as MJD crushed the competition on his way to winning the biggest pro athlete video game tournament in the world, Madden Bowl XVI.

"Back in the day, I used to cut his grass for real," said Jones-Drew after receiving his first place trophy and gold-colored Xbox 360 for beating all comers at Madden NFL 10. "So it was destiny that I win this tournament tonight. You can't fight fate."

And by watching MJD devastate every opponent from Chris Johnson to Santonio Holmes to Patrick Willis using the polygonal Jets, I also learned that you can't fight Gang Green & at least virtually.

"I like the Jets gameplan, the way they play defense, they run the ball well, and the offensive line is amazing," said Jones-Drew as he broke down his screen-heavy gameplan. "I like to use everyone on the field, I like to show everyone love. Tony Richardson is a great fullback, Mark Sanchez played exceptional, and Darrelle Revis locked down all receivers."

But in the end, it really came back to Richardson as MJD utilized the fullback dive and fullback screen to perfection, then when the defense played in to protect against the short plays, MJD made them pay with touchdown strikes downfield to a guy who is not even on the Jets anymore, receiver Chansi Stuckey.

"It's all about putting players in positions to make plays," Jones-Drew told me with a laugh, sounding more like an announcer than a guy who just won a video game tournament.

I'm a guru at this game," he continued. "It doesn't matter who I face, they're losing straight up."

Courtesy of ESPN.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69

MJD wins the madden bowl
Page 1 of 1