Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Brian Westbrook released

Go down 
+7
super_mario90
Th3 Ac3r
Bruce Wayne
waltbabyluv203
CapnCrunch
B-__-R-__-B
Radi0ActivWaste
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Radi0ActivWaste
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Radi0ActivWaste

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Brian Westbrook released Empty
PostSubject: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-23, 16:32

the eagles announced that today they would release Brian Westbrook. i really didnt want to see it happen but i hope he finds a team to start and mccoy will be great as our starter. he will go down as one of the greatest eagles rb of all time. heres the story from there website

"Brian is one of the greatest Eagles of all time and he is even a better person and leader," said head coach Andy Reid. "In my mind, there has not been a more versatile running back that the NFL has seen. I had a conversation with Brian this morning to let him know. This is by far the most difficult part of this job. We wanted to make this move now in order to maximize Brian's chances of landing with another NFL team."
Westbrook will finish his Eagles career as the franchise's all-time leader in yards from scrimmage (9,785) after being selected in the 3rd round of the 2002 draft from Division I-AA Villanova. He also ranks 2nd in rushing yards (5,995) behind Wilbert Montgomery and 3rd in receptions (426) behind Harold Carmichael and Pete Retzlaff. In addition, Westbrook's 68 total touchdowns ranked 3rd in team history behind Carmichael and Steve Van Buren. He holds the franchise's single season record for most scrimmage yards in a season (a league-leading 2,104 in 2007) and most receptions in a season (90 in 2007). He eclipsed the 100-yard rushing mark 20 times (including playoffs) during his career, tying for 2nd most in club history.
"Brian Westbrook is one of the most electric players in the history of this franchise and is certainly also one of the most popular," said Eagles Chairman Jeffrey Lurie. "He was personally one of the my favorite players to watch each and every Sunday and his playmaking abilities, leadership and values will be missed."
Said team president Joe Banner, "We all know how valuable Brian was as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles and he will certainly go down as one of the greatest Eagles of all time. But what really showed me how special a person Brian is, was watching the way he interacted with my children. That said more to me about Brian than anything else he could have done on the playing field. We will miss him both as a person and as a player."
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-23, 16:35

its wierd to see so much change, dawkins, westbrook, LT??? the faces of teams are leaving and being let go, its a shame, i do realize there is a business side to the game but its a shame they couldnt work out some kind of agreement to keep players like dawk, LT and westbrook on the teams they helped create. i hope westbrook finds a good team to play for he deserves it, just as LT does, i have no doubt that shady will step up he's gonna be good!
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-23, 18:07

I hated playing against him 2 or 3 times a year. So I am happy he is gone. Now let's get McNabb gone and "oh happy day"¡!!!¡

Go Cowboys!!!!

ps. What a great player
Back to top Go down
waltbabyluv203
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-23, 18:10

Awesome player, had alot of injuries though, the recent concussions were too bad. Hate to see stuff like that. However, i will lose no sleep over it as I dont have to worry about him weaving in and out and over the Giants defense anymore lol.
Back to top Go down
Bruce Wayne
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-23, 18:55

im not sure bout dis even though he had injeries...mccoy is decent but got a lot 2 learn b4 he can b gr8...he tries to many cuts n things dat u could do n college but not n da pro...he need 2 learn how 2 get da 2yrd n da pros nstead tryna do things nd get big lyk u could n college
but b west. will find sumwhere cuz he can run nd he gr8 out of da bakfield on passes
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-23, 18:59

Westbrook was injury prone.. Hate to see it because he is my style of back.. Shifty, good speed, good receiver, like he has butter on him when making moves.. Loved the agility and elusiveness
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-24, 03:23

i don't think westbrook ever played a full season.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-24, 04:00

well s*** happens but being that he hit 30 and he is already injury prone i dont see him starting anymore and with the emergence of some of the young RBs like charles and harrison i think he splits carries and get forced out of the leauge in 2-3 years if he doesnt retire himself due to the head injuries
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-24, 04:28

he'll be a good 3rd down RB he can still run.
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-24, 15:48

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
Westbrook was injury prone.. Hate to see it because he is my style of back.. Shifty, good speed, good receiver, like he has butter on him when making moves.. Loved the agility and elusiveness

Exactly, he was the total package for a very hated team in the Eagles. But what a player, respect.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-24, 16:01

who knows the pats are known to sign injury prone rb's so newe england could be a def. spot for him
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-25, 04:59

westbrook is a BEAST!!!!.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-25, 05:47

wouldn't mind seeing him in oakland along w/ mcnabb that would be nice Smile
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-02-26, 04:17

^^^^thats funny MAN!!!!.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-03-05, 23:00

Rumor has it Westbrook failed his physical in Washington.

OUCH!!!
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty2010-03-05, 23:06

woulndt suprise me, he's really banged up, gonna really miss him, im confident that shady can step up though. its a shame to see all the players leaving there teams they helped define.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Westbrook released   Brian Westbrook released Empty

Back to top Go down

Brian Westbrook released
Page 1 of 1