Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

THE FINAL DUSCUSSION

Go down 
+10
Hormel
s0liddy
CJDAWGG14
Madden's Finest 200
THiZzLeWiZzLe
PeytonMvPManning
Big Hungry 702
Ketcham While They're Hot
Laser Rocket Arm
MiamiXCanes
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty
PostSubject: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-21, 02:24

this has been, and will always be argued over so lets start a thread about it!!!!!!

lets try and keep it clean fellas, and please, try and keep an unbiased opinion about it (im not a fan of either team BTW, im a T-Wolves fan lol)

IMO the nod goes to lebron for 2 reasons. he is a much better rebounder and passer. kobe gets shut down on a bad shooting night he will just cost his team the game by trying to shoot his way out of his slump and keep missing. LBJ on the other hand understands how to get his team involved so when he isnt playing well, he can get the ball to everybody else. his rebounding is far and away better then kobe becuase he is so much bigger

Kobe is the better player on O, he can shoot much better (LBJ is impoving though) and is the more complete player with the ball in his hands. i wont say anything about winning because thats a team thing and you cant put that on one player
Back to top Go down
Laser Rocket Arm
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-21, 03:47

yeah but with a game winning shot on the line who would you want on your team ill take kobe over bron bron
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-21, 04:50

i would take the player who has more abilitys to make sure you dont need to be in that situation

as as bron has showed, he is willing to give the ball up in the final moments to get the best look

i would rather have an open look by a role player then a shot by my star taking a shot with 3 people on him
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-21, 05:23

Well we can clearly see what side of the argument you are on. I like how you "won't say anything about winning" because that's obviously one of the biggest things Kobe has going for him in this debate and you know it. Lebron is a beast of a player, but Kobe is as well AND he has four rings. Until Lebron wins one ring even, I don't see how this is even a conversation.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-21, 07:29

i will fully admit that kobe has won more, i have no problem with saying that. i do have a problem with saying "winning" should all be put on one player. theres no "i" in team right? this is a TEAM sport isnt it? is it right to flip it and say all of kobes individual awards belong to what the team did? his MVP was because of how well HE did that season, not how well the team did. the same goes for his 4 rings. THEY won 4 rings, not HE won 4 rings

id like to see kobe lead a team to the finals with almost no supporting cast like bron did a few years back. it makes you look real good when you play with one of the best bigs in NBA history doesnt it?

break down each individual players game

shooting- kobe
driving- bron
post up game- bron
help D- bron
one on one D-kobe
passing-bron
rebounding- bron
"intangables"- kobe
"clutch"- bron....now i KNOW people are gunna argue this one so heres a link that prooves it

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/john_schuhmann/11/05/clutch.numbersgame/index.html

in the "clutch rating" bron ranks 12th, kobe ranks 38th. before you all get your panties in a bunch about this, get a actual stat that "proves" kobe is better THEN come talk to me. otherwise i wont even listen

you break down there game, and bron is better in more areas of the game then kobe is
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 03:15

if kobe played defense then this wouldnt be an issue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 05:58

kobe is one of he best one on one defenders in the game. he has been an ALL NBA defence selection 9 times
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 08:42

I think LeBron is the better basketball player than Kobe
Back to top Go down
THiZzLeWiZzLe
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
THiZzLeWiZzLe

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 15:20

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
I think LeBron is the better basketball player than Kobe

i agree if you change basketball player to athlete but overall i feel kobe is a better bball player more clutch an dominant when you need him
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 15:31

Big Hungry 702 wrote:
if kobe played defense then this wouldnt be an issue
You don't watch basketball, do you? THE FINAL DUSCUSSION 517225
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 17:40

na i think Lebron is more athletic and is the better basketball player. But Kobe has won 4 rings even tho he has always had a stud team and LeBron hasnt. So idk if it goes by just whose better its LeBron but if u factor in the team and wins its Kobe
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 17:59

This argument will only last for another 2 years, so it won't really matter. Both have proven themselves to be great players and All stars and a big help to their teams. Will either of them be the best of all time? Maybe, but I see Kobe having a downfall in the next 2-3 years, and then Lebron will be able to get a ring.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 18:05

Kobe 4 rings > Lebron

/discussion
Back to top Go down
Laser Rocket Arm
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 18:21

[quote="MiamiXCanes"]i will fully admit that kobe has won more, i have no problem with saying that. i do have a problem with saying "winning" should all be put on one player. theres no "i" in team right? this is a TEAM sport isnt it? is it right to flip it and say all of kobes individual awards belong to what the team did? his MVP was because of how well HE did that season, not how well the team did. the same goes for his 4 rings. THEY won 4 rings, not HE won 4 rings

id like to see kobe lead a team to the finals with almost no supporting cast like bron did a few years back. it makes you look real good when you play with one of the best bigs in NBA history doesnt it?

Kobe plays in the western conference Bron plays in the eastern conference. The eastern conference is an easier road by far
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-02-25, 18:25

Kobe had shaq. Wade had Shaq. Now if bron can win with shaq being ancient, then you can discount the 3 rings kobe had. Shaq instantly boosts your chances for a ring.
And kobe is about 31 or 32. Bron is about 25. So the 4 rings discussion is stupid and illogical. that's like saying shaq has 4 rings, and howard has 0, so shaq is better right now. No, shaq is about 37, and howard is about 24. You can't say shaq had the better career, because howard is just getting started.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-03-04, 04:53

It's not even close in my honest opinion. Kobe is a mastermind at the game of basketball, he is a complete assassin with the ball in his hand. No one in the league can take over any game on any given night the way he can. His intangibles are so much better then Lebron.

Kobe is a master of the game, every year he improves, every year he gets better , every year he plays smarter. Lebron really just has a body, sure he is Athletically gifted, but he isn't the basketball player that Kobe is.

Lebron's Carrer free throw percentage is .74
Kobe's is .83

Free throws, something anyone can practice, something every NBA player should have in his bag, Lebron can't even shoot 3/4, that is quite sad. Don't get me wrong Lebron is a good player, but personally I don't even see him in Kobe's level.
Back to top Go down
y4 b0y d1rty
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-04-04, 13:46

wait until lebron has as many years under his belt as kobe, i think its pointless to compare them now
Back to top Go down
Mr. 5oh3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mr. 5oh3

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-04-04, 14:57

wade is better then both of them i dont see how wade does not get MVP which stands for MOST VALUABLE PLAYER if u take kobe off the lakers there still a top seed n the west if u take bron of the cavs there not as good but there still better then the heat without wade i just dont see how he doesnt win it
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-04-04, 18:05

Hormel wrote:
It's not even close in my honest opinion. Kobe is a mastermind at the game of basketball, he is a complete assassin with the ball in his hand. No one in the league can take over any game on any given night the way he can. His intangibles are so much better then Lebron.

Kobe is a master of the game, every year he improves, every year he gets better , every year he plays smarter. Lebron really just has a body, sure he is Athletically gifted, but he isn't the basketball player that Kobe is.

Lebron's Carrer free throw percentage is .74
Kobe's is .83

Free throws, something anyone can practice, something every NBA player should have in his bag, Lebron can't even shoot 3/4, that is quite sad. Don't get me wrong Lebron is a good player, but personally I don't even see him in Kobe's level.

true kobe is a way better play with the ball than lebron is at the moment but it took kobe until a few years after shaq left to get that killer instinct. lebron will get that with age and will end up the better player. kobe wasnt that much different a play than lebron in his younger years where they both rely on athleticism alot more than they should. lebron is a better playmaker with the ball in his hands and a much better defender than kobe which is what i think makes him the better player
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-04-18, 17:52

LeBron is the best player in the NBA. Kobe was, but he isnt the same anymore. When you average almost 30 points, 7 boards, and 7 assists a game... its simple.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
THiZzLeWiZzLe
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
THiZzLeWiZzLe

Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty2010-05-09, 15:44

probably need to add in Durant because he will probably be better then both
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE FINAL DUSCUSSION   THE FINAL DUSCUSSION Empty

Back to top Go down

THE FINAL DUSCUSSION
Page 1 of 1