Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Most clutch QB in NFL History

Go down 
+15
Madden's Finest 200
MiamiXCanes
2ToN
wopper29
Ketcham While They're Hot
waltbabyluv203
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
CapnCrunch
PeytonMvPManning
B-__-R-__-B
s0liddy
Radi0ActivWaste
EggzOverEazy
Big Hungry 702
Lorenzo61793
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorenzo61793
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty
PostSubject: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-11, 15:42

If you can have QB in NFL history to lead your team to a 4th quarter comeback who would you choose and why?
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-11, 17:11

Brett Favre
He leads the NFL all time with 4th Quarter comebacks
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-11, 17:12

elway.

on an elway drive.
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Radi0ActivWaste

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-11, 17:23

Brett Favre
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-11, 17:24

Probably Montana. Greatest QB ever. Elway would be second for sure.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-11, 17:24

tom brady or peyton manning its close i would take either of them though.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-11, 17:49

Peyton for sure right now. but in history probly elway or montana
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-11, 20:05

Staubach w/ Dorsett

Dorsett was great at getting to the sideline and Staubach was great at getting him the ball. I remember watching them run that play over and over and it only took a few seconds off the clock.

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-02-11, 20:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-11, 20:08

peyton huh? guess u guys didn't watch the sb i would have to pick montana todays qbs i have no idea. would have been brady but he seems to be on the decline would have been manning but he didn't get it done in the sb and i was rooting for the colts. i do think this the pick six was waynes fault and the dropped pass on the last drive
Back to top Go down
waltbabyluv203
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-19, 23:22

John Elway
Joe Montana
Brett Favre

In no particular order.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-20, 00:13

John Elway
&
Jake Plummer
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-20, 01:26

Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ wrote:
peyton huh? guess u guys didn't watch the sb i would have to pick montana todays qbs i have no idea. would have been brady but he seems to be on the decline would have been manning but he didn't get it done in the sb and i was rooting for the colts. i do think this the pick six was waynes fault and the dropped pass on the last drive

u change ur opinion of a 10+ year vet over one drive?
Back to top Go down
wopper29
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-20, 01:36

Ron Jaworski no one else comes close
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-20, 01:45

dan marinoooooooo
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
waltbabyluv203
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-20, 20:12

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ wrote:

u change ur opinion of a 10+ year vet over one drive?

Peyton is one of the best QBs ever, if not the best. However he is not the most clutch. There are quite a few guys i would take if I needed a game winning drive over him.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 00:15

Oh, no no no no noooooo
Peyton is one of the most clutch QBs ever.
He had more comebacks than anyone last season and probably has more 4th quarter game winning drives than anyone currently playing.
If I had to guess I'd say he will finish his career with the most game winning drives of any QB ever.

He just never gets rattled. That interception in the Superbowl was a gamble on the part of the Saints. Sean Payton said it himself. They had seen that route on film and knew Peyton liked to throw there in that situation, so they gambled and jumped the route. It could have gone to the house the other way, if the gamble backfired. But that is how Sean Payton coached the game. Obviously it wasn't his only gamble.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 00:35

lol peyton? clutch? then explain how "mr. clutch" has blown coutless playoff games. sorry but if i want somebody to win me a game i want somebody who can do it in any situation, not just the regular season

montana or elway and nobody else is even close
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 00:43

elway did have "the drive"...... so i guess it would be either a tie with brett favre for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 01:00

I get your point about playoff games and that is certainly a knock against him. But how bout everybodys favorite here. John Elway we were not sure if he ever was gonna get a ring. But he is mr clutch, explain that.

I remember when they (Denver) played Washington, some no name kid outaa New Mexico tore em up for like 300yds and 4 TDs. The next season Timmy Smith was cut. No explaining it.

I'll try to explain it. Here ya go.

Sh!t happens

I mean C'MON, the Saints won the Superbowl, they must be serving ice water in hell, right about now.

Jk, lol
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 01:43

Let's do a little Elway vs Manning Comparo

Elway winning percentage 64%
Manning winning percentage 66%

Elway in the Superbowl 2-3
Manning 1-1

Playoff Record
Elway 14-7
Manning 9-9
OK, but not until his last two years, before that he was 7-7 and 0-3 in the Superbowl

And as I remember Elway threw tons of interceptions
Both in the Superbowl and the many times he was bounced from the playoffs. He was a gambler. Manning has one interception in the Superbowl.

I remember Elway was the guy who was Mr. Choke. Average regular season stats and horrible failures in the playoffs. Until his last 2 seasons.

And now he is Mr. Clutch.

It didn't happen that way.

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-02-21, 02:13; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 01:46

Montana is the most clutch. Close thread.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 02:10

CapnCrunch wrote:
Let's do a little Elway vs Manning Comparo

Elway winning percentage 64%
Manning winning percentage 66%

Elway in the Superbowl 2-3
Manning 1-1

Playoff Record
Elway 14-7
Manning 9-9
OK, but not until his last two years, before that he was 7-7 and 0-3 in the Superbowl

And as I remember Elway threw tons of interceptions
Both in the Superbowl and the many times he was bounced from the playoffs. He was a gambler. Manning has one interception in the Superbowl.

I remember Elway was the guy who was Mr. Choke. Average regular season stats and horrible failures in the playoffs. Until his last 2 seasons.

And now he is Mr. Clutch.

It didn't happen that way.

go ahead and name the GREAT teams elway had around him like manning did. name the superstar TE elway has had his entire career (dallas clark) or the great WR he played with (reggie wayne, marvin harrison). only in half the seasons in wich he was the leading passer did he have a top 10 D. elway had to do EVERYTHING for those teams unlike manning.

drop both of them in the AFC title game on the current colts team (both QB in there prime) and honestly tell me you would rather have manning over elway in a 2 minute drive
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 02:29

Did you say TE
How about the best ever Shannon Sharpe

Its been awhile but I also remember Mark Jackson

As far as who I would want, I don't know what Manning is gonna look like in his last two years. Elway had plenty of growing pains on his way to the top. I used to give my buddy Jose a horrible time about the choke artist that was John Elway, id be hard pressed to pick him now. Between the two, its a tossup for me.

Ill take Staubach, thank you
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 02:38

lol spoken like a boys fan.

after i look at the stats i think its montana by a mile. but i would still take elway over manning

oh and BTW sharp was far from the best TE

winslow? ditka? any of those ring a bell?
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty2010-02-21, 02:43

montana. lock the thread. 4 super bowl rings. enough said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most clutch QB in NFL History   Most clutch QB in NFL History Empty

Back to top Go down

Most clutch QB in NFL History
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next