Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan81
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-02

best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ? Empty
PostSubject: best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ?   best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ? Empty2010-02-02, 19:42

yea i can put points up with these teams but i have a problem with defending i have been trying tennesse defense which has worked a little but i was wondering which defensive playbook is best for colts and chargers? and what are the best plays to defend against from the pass and run in the defensive playbooks you choose?
Back to top Go down
irishCoffee
New MS Member
New MS Member
irishCoffee

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ?   best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ? Empty2010-02-02, 20:58

I'm a 4-3 guy. But if I'm using the Chargers/Colts I use the Multiple D play book.

In order to unleash the potential of you're defense you have to work on you're depth chart. As an example I'll just show you my Chargers/Colts. NOTE like I said I run 4-3 so its a lot more 4-3 friendly than 3-4 but nevertheless this is for Multiple D so it shouldn't matter anyway:

Colts:
LOTS of depth on that Defense. It gives you a lot chances to be creative yet still solid. Bob Sanders @ OLB is kinda the money on this D. I mean you CAN play him at SS but I prefer him at OLB because he can either go into coverage or murk on a blitz. He may be 5'8 but with 92 SPD and 97 POW he's a dog. Overall the Colts have one of the top (if not the top) hardest hitting D's in Madden plus they're all pretty quick. Use that to you're advantage and hit stick the **** outta the Offense.

LE: Robert Mathis
DT: Raheem Brock
DT 2: Antonio Johnson
RE: Dwight Freeney

LOLB: Bob Sanders
MLB: Gary Brackett
MLB 2: Clint Session
ROLB: Tyjuan Hagler

CB: Kelvin Hayden
FS: Antoine Bethea
SS: Melvin Bullitt
CB: Marlin Jackson
NB: Jerraud Powers

Chargers:
Like the Colts the Chargers have depth in their D. Although its not AS MUCH to work with like the Colts the Chargers have a very solid D. You're 1st step in fixing the depth chart is to get Merriman as a DE. He's a 99 overall plus he's pretty sucky @ coverage so let him just pass rush and put him at DE. The Key to this Defense is its Dline. As you can see below you can swap Tucker with Philips and vise-versa. WHY? Well look at the stats. The OVR ratting for you're Dline with Tucker reads as LE: 89 DT: 95 DT: 90 RE: 99. Thats pretty beast if you ask me. But when you swap Tucker for Phillips you get LE: 99 DT: 95 DT: 90 RE: 99 aka the best Dline in Madden. But if you DO decide to switch Tucker for Phillips its at a cost. Philips is pretty damn good at OLB he's strong, fast, and good at coverage. He's a 91 OVR while Tucker is a 67 OVR. Speaks for itself. Now some players do play beyond their OVR ratting in Madden but I personally keep Phillips @ OLB.

LE: Jyles Tucker or Shaun Phillips
DT: Luis Castillo
DT 2: Jamal Williams
RE: Shawne Marriman

LOLB: Shaun Phillips or Jyles Tucker
MLB: Stephen Cooper
MLB 2: Kevin Burnett
ROLB: Larry English

CB: Quentin Jammer
FS: Eric Weddle
SS: Kevin Ellison
CB: Antonio Cromartie
NB: Antoine Cason

Hope this helped out with the D. Sorry I can't help with any plays atm
Back to top Go down
xJAYxJAYx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xJAYxJAYx

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ?   best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ? Empty2010-02-03, 01:32

I'm pretty new, but I've been using the Colts and i've found the most success with the Multiple D or the New York Jets playbooks. In particular the NYJ PB. Has the 3-4, 46, nickel, dime, ect.
Back to top Go down
TMC
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TMC

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ?   best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ? Empty2010-02-03, 02:34

i dont use them but id assume chargers NYJ pb colts TENN or PHI pb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ?   best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ? Empty

Back to top Go down

best defensive playbook with colts/ chargers ?
Page 1 of 1