Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!

Go down 
+3
bpenni01
Polly
xbox360savior
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xbox360savior
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-02

NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!   NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty2010-02-02, 11:30

NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! 83168NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! 517225

Just want to know where to start I play with the patriots, Yes I am a real fan live in new england lol. and I can not stop screens or any type of passes espessially down the middle, I run a 3-4 defense, I changed my players around like a thread said to do here, just need what defenses to start and what to do in those defenses and i will go from there..

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP..
XBOX 360 gamer tag: number1 of 32
Back to top Go down
Polly
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!   NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty2010-02-02, 11:54

Being a stiller fan I don't know if I should help a NE fan seeing as though I hate them. But, this is madden and not real life so I'll give you my 2 cents. Screens are created in the flats, you can either put someone on flats coverage or you can play man. If both don't work play man and user someone to the side of the screen.
Back to top Go down
bpenni01
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!   NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty2010-02-02, 12:16

Played against Chargers last night. Guy had like 3 plays. One was HB screen. Over n over n over again. I was calling cover 3 and cover 2 to place the LB or the CB in the zone. Chargers were giving him great blocking and he was tearing up yardage on me. I was playing 4-6 play book. Would call Cover 3 Press, then spread the line, then take the DE on the HB side and just run with the HB. I got blocked up one time. Got Pass Interference another. But essentially he couldn't throw that d$mn screen anymore.
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-27

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!   NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty2010-02-02, 12:19

if the person is running screen plays consistently or you can tell when
he is running a screen play i would usually audible to a man defense
then control the person assigned to the running back and follow him
out..most of the time i will play as the DE on the strong side of the
formation or the side of the running back when they are in shotgun so i
can either make the stop on the run sack the QB or the best part is
being able to recognize the screen. just watch the lineman if they move
the same was as the running back run with him instead of blitzing in.
most smart people wont throw it straight at you and if they do either
pick it off or lay the big hit. you just have to get used to reading
when a screen is coming
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!   NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty2010-02-02, 12:31

User FS. Everytime a screen is used, his OL shift in the direction of the screen, it's very easy to tell. Use a fast, or as fast as possible FS as your team has, zip over and break up the screen. At the start of the play, if you suspect a screen, play fairly close to the box with the FS.

I don't do anything special, like contains or anything, I'll run a cover 3 just in case he doesn't throw to the HB or WR in the screen, as he sees me come over with the FS. I also usually prefer to use "Sink" defenses as well, like in the 1-5-5 or Odd Split, so that in case I miss with my FS, there are a couple other guys back there defending.

With this method I have picked off a few screens as I usered my FS right in there and he still threw the screen pass.
Back to top Go down
xbox360savior
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: thank you so much for your help guys i will try this thank you again..   NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty2010-02-02, 16:02

xbox360savior wrote:
NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! 83168NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! 517225

Just want to know where to start I play with the patriots, Yes I am a real fan live in new england lol. and I can not stop screens or any type of passes espessially down the middle, I run a 3-4 defense, I changed my players around like a thread said to do here, just need what defenses to start and what to do in those defenses and i will go from there..

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP..
XBOX 360 gamer tag: number1 of 32

THANKS EVERY1 FOR YOUR HELP I WILL TRY THESE TIPS AND HOPE IT HELPS THANK SO MUCH EVERY1 AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP
Back to top Go down
KING_JASON2
New MS Member
New MS Member
KING_JASON2

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!   NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty2010-02-02, 16:48

Man coverage DE contain to playside should take care of it ...also highlight the go to guy wether its a RB or a WR ... if you see guard pull right off the bat get your ass to the flats and blow the screen up
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!   NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty2010-02-02, 17:10

I agree with s0liddy. You can call a bunch of plays, but they can all get blown up without good user skills. If you're playing against someone that likes to screen you gotta look for it. It's not heard to see because half the O-Line pulls to the side where the screen will happen, just get in there and blow it up. I like to use a DE or OLB when I suspect screens...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!   NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

NEED SOME POINTERS HOW TO STOP SCREENS AND PASSES PLEASE HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1