Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I need help stopping the screen.

Go down 
+6
KevinLaCarrubba
xJAYxJAYx
CJDAWGG14
jd7680
Moore's Pats
deamsbsmith
10 posters
AuthorMessage
deamsbsmith
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-27

I need help stopping the screen. Empty
PostSubject: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-01-28, 00:00

i have a big problem with stoping the screen. sometimes i can pick it up, but other times i get blown out big. i think the biggest thing that pisses me off is that usually when the oppent snaps the ball he heads straigt back, somtimes for 15-20 yards then dumps it off. i have tried motion, cover 2, highlight player. i just hate the fact that i will put an awsome drive together mixed up with all kinds of plays, then kick it off and get beat 1 or 2 plays later with a 60 70 0r sometimes even 80 yard screen pass.
Back to top Go down
deamsbsmith
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-01-28, 00:05

sorry. new here. i guess i should have read further. i guess its nice to know im not the only one with that problem.
Back to top Go down
Moore's Pats
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Moore's Pats

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-01-28, 01:52

The easist thing to do is play man d against screeners
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-01-30, 16:59

What if someone uses screens and sends their recievers on man beating routes like slants, ins, and outs? Then what?
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-01-30, 17:02

contains beat screens most of the time. If its a WR screen, usually a contain and a flat zone to that side will do the trick, but if its HB screen, a contain and man coverage on the HB will work.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
xJAYxJAYx
New MS Member
New MS Member
xJAYxJAYx

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-02-02, 04:09

I have the exact same problem. I actually just got done playing someone who used quite a bit of screens. I stopped it sometimes, but most of the time he picked up big gains. Especially after I played decent D the first three downs, then he screened and picked up the 1st on 4th. I'm going to try the man coverage and contains.
Back to top Go down
KevinLaCarrubba
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-02-02, 11:12

if the person is running screen plays consistently or you can tell when he is running a screen play i would usually audible to a man defense then control the person assigned to the running back and follow him out..most of the time i will play as the DE on the strong side of the formation or the side of the running back when they are in shotgun so i can either make the stop on the run sack the QB or the best part is being able to recognize the screen. just watch the lineman if they move the same was as the running back run with him instead of blitzing in. most smart people wont throw it straight at you and if they do either pick it off or lay the big hit. you just have to get used to reading when a screen is coming
Back to top Go down
Moore's Pats
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Moore's Pats

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-02-02, 14:01

Screens can get chessey and very aggravating
Back to top Go down
oldskoolque
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-02-02, 15:53

Yeah.....thing is....it's hard to GUESS when they coming with the screen play. Most of the time I've seen it on 1st downs and 3rd downs. It's hard to gauge just when u will SEE a screen play thrown at you. Just like all defensive calls...u have to play the guessing game and use his TENDANCIES to try and guess what is coming next. I've always been told DE Contains are best against screens...sometimes when I call that I also put my DE to the STRONG side in flats to help get out there to mess it up.
Back to top Go down
COWBOYS4-LIFE
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-07

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-02-07, 13:11

WHAT MAKES THE PS3 TACKLE BETTER. I CAN NOT SEEM TO WRAP-UP ON THE TACKEL?
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-02-10, 14:56

ya same here its like you have to have half your defense worried at all times about the screen especially against teams like titans just takes 1 play and he gone for 70-80 yrds when i was playin titans earlier i was callin 3-4 de contain and still gettin burned i was the colts so what i ended up doing was going to defensive assignments and puting Bob sanders on CJ that shut it down any one know the pros/cons of this?
Back to top Go down
Prophet1451
New MS Member
New MS Member
Prophet1451

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty2010-02-13, 15:35

Big believer in contains in this situation, 3-4 Strong DE Contain, if they have 2 WR's on one side as well as the TE, shift LB's to strong side, otherwise just fan out the LB's and pinch the DL. Also jam the coverage to get them closer to the WR's. This has worked wonders for me personally, I rarely get blown by screens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help stopping the screen.   I need help stopping the screen. Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help stopping the screen.
Page 1 of 1