Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How do you stop someone when passing to their backs

Go down 
+3
B-__-R-__-B
rezzew
bp_brien
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bp_brien
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-09-27

How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty
PostSubject: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty2010-01-13, 11:34

I played this player and he raped me with the short passes. He played mainly out of the full house formation and would pass it to one of the two backs or his fullback on like 80% of plays. On almost every one of these plays he had success no matter what i tried.

Is there anyway to stop this effectivley
Back to top Go down
rezzew
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty2010-01-13, 12:09

Where was he passing to? The flats? Also what type of defense were u running and in what formation? ie 34, 46, nickel, dime, etc...
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty2010-01-13, 12:22

bp_brien wrote:
I played this player and he raped me with the short passes. He played mainly out of the full house formation and would pass it to one of the two backs or his fullback on like 80% of plays. On almost every one of these plays he had success no matter what i tried.

Is there anyway to stop this effectivley

i would say man or flat zones, maybe user a LB on one of the running backs.
Back to top Go down
bp_brien
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty2010-01-13, 12:37

rezzew wrote:
Where was he passing to? The flats? Also what type of defense were u running and in what formation? ie 34, 46, nickel, dime, etc...

he was normally passing to the flats but occasionally to the middle of the field

i was playing mainly out of the 46 to start
but towards the end i was trying a bit of everything
Back to top Go down
Dboyz214
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dboyz214

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty2010-01-13, 13:05

A dude killed with the backs, he would use them in motion up the middle. Also the outs routs tried many different Ds but nun wrk , I had to rely on pressure on the QB and have my coners cover the Flats. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
cody2009
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty2010-01-13, 14:14

go 46 speed package and mlb blitz where only one lb blitzs.. this forces the strong saftey to play on the HB/fb and ur outside linebaker on the other side is a coner.. then user ur free saftey cover over the middle.. if u have good safteys and corners this is money.. u can also change that blitzing linebacker to a qb spy... and usually players dont notic the qb spy when in man and trys to throw it short over the middle it gets picked... sometimes its not about what coverage.. but the players that are covering them
Back to top Go down
Dboyz214
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dboyz214

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty2010-01-13, 14:32

good lookn out!
Back to top Go down
hhh1
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty2010-01-14, 01:07

If he was throwing the ball in the middle user mlb and cover the RB.
Back to top Go down
Vaughnilla619
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Vaughnilla619

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty2010-01-14, 02:47

I agree with Cody but you don't need the speed package if your using Carolina or Oakland cuz they got some speedsters if you set the lineup right. 46 inside blitz, reblitz the RILB and put him on the DT's outside hip. Move the outside backer and SS out to the flats a little so they don't get burned out there.

Another play I like to cover this out of the 46 is cover 1. Just move the OLB and/or SS outside to the flats if there are 2 backs in the backfield. And just user either the LILB to cover short or the FS to cover the deeper route.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop someone when passing to their backs   How do you stop someone when passing to their backs Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you stop someone when passing to their backs
Page 1 of 1