Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT

Go down 
+24
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
the joker 260
TMC
24Marion24
A Packering Ape
CapnCrunch
Ketcham While They're Hot
xXBlackiceXx
THiZzLeWiZzLe
hof8231
Vaughnilla619
Sun
Big Hungry 702
TheDon270
CJDAWGG14
Lorenzo61793
super_mario90
wayne019
Dboyz214
s0liddy
nawfside512
jets4lif3
claytops
GODHORNET17
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GODHORNET17
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
GODHORNET17

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-12-02

CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty
PostSubject: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 07:35

I will admit i am a jets fun but all biases aside i believe darelle revis deserved it he shut down every number 1 reciever this year every single one less then 40 yrds not to mention after watchin woodson get s*** on in the cards vs packs playoff game
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 10:00

As a Packer fan....

I understand and would even agree that Darrelle Revis is as good, if not better as a Cornerback. However, as a defensive player, Charles Woodson was better this year. The Packers went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and Woodson played more than just the CB role - and he did it well. He was probably the biggest reason that the Packers defense did as well as they did.

It's a shame that the last memory of the Packers this year was getting lit up by Arizona - but they should in no way take away from what Woodson did this year as an extraordinary player.
Back to top Go down
jets4lif3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jets4lif3

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 10:10

lol claytops woodson is good dude but revis is so much better...the receivers he held under 35 yds are as follows...owens twice moss twice holt steve smith colston and ochocinco twice...plus the jets r still in the playoffs...revis is by far the best cb in the nfl...no doubt about it
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 10:32

jets4lif3 wrote:
revis is by far the best cb in the nfl...no doubt about it

That would be great if it was the award for the best CB in the nfl... But the award is for the best defensive player in the NFL... Revis is a great CB no doubt. But Woodson did so much more this year and definitely deserves the award.
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 10:40

LoL Woodson shut down guys all game long? Any guy can make picks, tackles, and sacks but Revis shut number one guys down. And he did a little of the rest..... I agree Revis got hosed
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 12:20

Woodson is the best defensive player, there are some close picks, Revis is up there and Revis is definitely a top CB, but Woodson just does so much more defensively. Best CB? Possibly Revis, he would be my first choice.
Back to top Go down
Dboyz214
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dboyz214

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 12:23

Charles Woodson? Woodson may have the MVP but its gonna be Revis ill be watching on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 12:46

who cares revis shoulda won but didnt stop crying
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 13:13

Dboyz214 wrote:
its gonna be Revis ill be watching on Sunday.

Thank the Colts for that one...
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 13:28

Also... Let's consider the following:

Woodson vs. Revis

74 Tackles vs. 54 Tackles
2 Sacks vs. 0 Sacks
4 Forced Fumbles vs. 0 Forced Fumbles
9 Interceptions vs. 6 Interceptions
3 Touchdowns vs. 1 Touchdown

Packers vs. Jets

Turnover Ratio of +24 vs. +1
Offensive Yards Against: 4,551 vs. 4,037
Sacks: 37 vs. 32
Touchdowns Against: 36 vs. 26

Packers had a team which struggled defensively last year and Woodson played multiple roles in this defense which helped him and the team put up the numbers they did. Revis is great at what he does, but not a versatile. Again, this is the DEFENSIVE MVP not the CORNERBACK MVP.

Show me the numbers that makes Revis such a clear better choice again????
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:00

woodson made more plays than darelle revis did whats so hard to understand about that woodson did more than just cover wr's he got int's,sacks,forced fumbles. darelle revis can barely make some of the plays that woodson can make the only thing darelle revis could probably do is pick off a pass woodson does more.

darelle revis is the better CB though.
Back to top Go down
jets4lif3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jets4lif3

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:00

ur kidding right man?watch the jet charger on sunday...they will eventually show all the wrs that he held under 35 yds...plz...woodson won it cuz of his reputation...nothing more...colston, owens moss ochocinco all twice...steve smith...woodson is good but not better than revis
Back to top Go down
jets4lif3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jets4lif3

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:02

mario gime a break...qbs didnt throw to revis cuz they knew hed pick it...u have no idea what ur saying...and claytops ur d allows woodson to do that...revis covers the best in the game all day by himself with no problem
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo61793
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:12

I can see why he won defensive MVP but he is defeinately not the best CB in the league. I personally thik Darelle Revis is the best cornerback. Defensively Charles Woodson have came up with huge plays but its not hard to pick off a pass from Matthew Stafford, Brady Quinn, and Kyle Boller and even Jay Cutler. Charles Woodson havent played any adversity on the field. He haven't played top receivers. I will give him Clavin Johnson but look who's throwing the ball. LOL!!! Darelle Revis have . Numbers dont matter. Yea he has better numbers and all but he cant locka person up. You know exactly what youre getting when you get revis. Revis erases your top WR from being a factor. Charles is great but he aint revis. Look who Revis has locked up; Andre Johnson, Randy Moss (2), Terell Owens (2) Marques Colston, Steve Smith, Roddy White Ocho (2) and reggie wayne twice. WHo has Charles Woodson locked up? Calvin Johnson who has a raookie throwing the ball and Miles Austin???? He dont compare to the skills Darelle Revis has.
Back to top Go down
jets4lif3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jets4lif3

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:22

brilliant lorenzo...couldnt have said it better myself
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:27

but its not about locking up, its about the stats that he put up. Yeah, Revis locked down the best, but if you get tried more, then your more likely to have better stats, allowing you to win this award over a guy who's better at playing your position from the guys he locks up.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:29

Lorenzo. No doubt you are right. But I don't understand why people don't understand the fact that this isn't an award for best cornerback. I don't think anyone can argue the fact that Revis isn't as good or better of a cornerback - but Woodson did more this season than just play cornerback and shut down receivers. That's why he won, pure and simple. The stats speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
jets4lif3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jets4lif3

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:32

ur right clay...stats talk...revis shut down the best wrs in the game every week with no help multiple times...woodson couldnt ever cover as well as revis...and so?cuz revis doesnt blitz means he should be cut short even when u urself says hes a better cb?????
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:38

everyone knows he's the 2nd best if not the best in the league, but how many times has Nnamdi won this award? Last year I think they only threw his way about 50> times and he has never won it. Revis was shutdown, but Woodson still has better stats, and thats what this award is.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:39

CJDAWGG14 wrote:
but its not about locking up, its about the stats that he put up. Yeah, Revis locked down the best, but if you get tried more, then your more likely to have better stats, allowing you to win this award over a guy who's better at playing your position from the guys he locks up.

Actually, Revis got thrown to more than Woodson...

Revis was targeted 108 times and Woodson 84 times. Although they both gave up 40 completions...
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:43

jets4lif3 wrote:
ur right clay...stats talk...revis shut down the best wrs in the game every week with no help multiple times...woodson couldnt ever cover as well as revis...and so?cuz revis doesnt blitz means he should be cut short even when u urself says hes a better cb?????

You don't understand the meaning of the award. Where does the award say that it is for the best cornerback in the league? In fact, when was the last time a cornerback won the award?

The award is for the defensive player that had the most impact - and that was easily Charles Woodson who helped take a team struggling on defense and going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and compelely new coaches and played out of his mind in multiple roles and caused big plays in every game. He doesn't need to shut down 1 WR every game - he gets in the head of QB's much like Polumalu and creates havok for the offense. He doesn't need to be the best CB because he is all around a great defensive player.

Revis will get his chance, but Woodson is in his 12 season and playing the best ball of his life. He deserves it...
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 14:45

woodson won the D player of the tear so stop putting up the wr's that darelle revis shut down.

thread locked or end of thread. everyone is saying the same sh*t over and over.
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 15:30

You know what guys, I'm getting tired hearing about Revis should of won the award. Woodson had the ball thrown to him less then Revis did, and made outstanding plays. He did all this by himself. No Al Harris. He was a one man army for the packer secondary..You guys are bragging about how Revis shut this guy and that guy down. Ok...So, what happened with Revis vs Ted Ginn?. Thats right, Revis lost the battle to Ginn...Don't tell me otherwise, because Revis got burnt badly. Matter fact, Revis ain't that good at zone anyways. He's allowed people to get open while he was playing zone...And it happened in the Bengals game too, when Ocho Cinco managed to get a few lucky catches...The commentator's kept saying, "Why is Revis playing so far off of Ocho Cinco?" "He needs to get in Ocho's face, because of the success he has had playing man to man against Chad." That was quoted from the playoff game. I'm only stating what I heard. As for the passes being thrown to both of them, Revis had more balls throw to him versus Woodson. And guess what? Woodson made the better plays and he DESERVED the award. Hell, Nnamdi gets passes thrown to him less then any other cover corner in the league. He puts fear in other people. He's shut down top opposition as well. But, I feel Nnamdi won't get the credit he deserves until the Raider's become contender's again. And it's likely not to happen within the next few years. But oh well....I'm mad that we gave up Woodson. We should of kept him....I promise you things would be hardcore with Nnamdi and Woodson playing together...That would be a duo from hell...But what does Al Davis do??? Exactly...He gives up our best people and we suffer for it. Anyhow, I miss Woodson being in silver and black. And I give him props for having such a great year. I hope he succeeds for the rest of his career.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 15:39

yea ditto don, charles woodson is arguably the best cb in the nfl. i know revis is good but woodson is so much better
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty2010-01-13, 19:22

jets4lif3 wrote:

Following your way of thinking, D-Ware should have won the award last year because he was better at doing a 3-4 OLB's primary job - blitzing - than Harrison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT   CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT Empty

Back to top Go down

CHARLES WOODSON FOR D MVP IS BULLSHIT
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next