Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined Empty
PostSubject: Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined   Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined Empty2008-08-21, 02:00

Chargers LB Merriman leaves San Diego, gets knee examined

Associated Press

SAN DIEGO -- Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman had his knee examined Wednesday in Alabama after lingering soreness kept him out of practice for more than a week.
Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined MER568200
Shawne Merriman, LB
San Diego Chargers

Height: 6-4 Weight: 272
College: Maryland
Experience: 4

Merriman underwent surgery to repair cartilage damage five months ago but has had persistent pain in the knee during training camp. He traveled to Birmingham to have the knee looked at by Dr. James Andrews, the surgeon who performed the operation.
"I think he wants to make sure he gets it checked out and make sure everything is all right with it," San Diego coach Norv Turner said after Wednesday's practice. "When he's been able to practice and move around, he's looked awfully good to me."
Merriman hasn't practiced this week and didn't play in a preseason loss Saturday to the St. Louis Rams. He missed three consecutive practices last week because of the sore knee and an illness he described as strep throat and fever.
Turner didn't express significant concern and he's hoping Merriman will be healthy by Sept. 7 when the Chargers open the regular season against the Carolina Panthers.
"I think we have a number of guys that are in that category who have some soreness, and my concern will be if it lingers," Turner said. "Hopefully, it won't linger and hopefully in the next week to 10 days, he's going to be all right and ready to get going."
Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates didn't practice Wednesday, one day after passing a physical and being taken off the physically unable to perform list. Gates had surgery six months ago to repair a tear in the plantar plate of his left foot.
"Obviously, this injury is one of those things you have to kind of handle daily," Gates said. "I continue to monitor it because ideally I want to be at full strength come the opener."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined   Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined Empty2008-08-21, 02:03

ya this knee has been bothering him for a while now. I read a couple weeks ago that he has been wearing a brace around his knee...but i guess it hasn't been working. Wow i have the chargers d on my fantasy team...i hope he gets back
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined   Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined Empty2008-08-21, 02:41

Ya.. He is a big part of there success on defense and i didnt know until i seen this he was having problems with it. I hope it doesnt come down to getting his knee cleaned, Because then that a 2-4week process and he will most likely miss a few regular season games.
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined   Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined Empty2008-08-21, 05:47

he should be fine merriman is a tough guy and bounce from injuries very well. urlacher played witha bad spine yr and look at the stats he put up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined   Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined Empty

Back to top Go down

Chargers LB Merriman leaves SD, gets knee examined
Page 1 of 1