Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4

Go down 
+6
cody2009
huh1231
PulMaFinga
Th3 Ac3r
AshBlackstone
B-__-R-__-B
10 posters
AuthorMessage
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty
PostSubject: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-11, 12:24

okay so lately ive played guys that are blitz happy from the first snap then when they realize it isnt hitting home they go to this cover 2 outta the 3-4 formation i think. it has two yellow zones two purple zones two flat zones and two deep zones. im having a bit of trouble passing on this D so my question is where should i attack this cover 2? is the middle of the field my best bet? what do you guys think? any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-11, 13:47

Try running the football on this defense. I mean, you could run 3 or 4 streak routes as well, as that would expose only having 2 deep cover men...

But people always seem to want a passing answer, for a good pass defense.

Run the football if they're sitting on the pass, that's my best advice.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-11, 17:33

RUN THE BALL..Here it is..3 lineman rushing..2 linebackers dropping all the way to the buzzes..2 linebackers in hook zones..so up the middle their are 3 lineman rushing,once you get past them they have 2 linebackers in hook zones..if you have a TE or FB in the set then you have 6 blockers..you should be able to get 10 yards every play..keep running until he gets blitz happy again..and then come out in the formation THE SAME FORMATION (this is important) that you have been running out of and hit him with a PA..if you have a speedy receiver then its an easy 6 most of the time..from a passing standpoint you either have to flood one side of the field or send EVERYONE on a streak..come out in 4 WR 1 RB set or 5 WR,and if you have a RB motion him to either side..then hot route everyone to a streak..with 5 receivers deep and only 2 safeties for him,you should hit someone wide open..then after he catches it,you have 4 blockers to use to get by the 2 safeties..hope this helped
Back to top Go down
PulMaFinga
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-13, 13:54

If he is blitz happy then that means there is always someone open down field or in the flats.... If not have someone drop back and block so you can get more time to throw. Now if and when he starts running the 3-4 RUN THAT DOWN HIS THROAT. Now if and when that stops working, your bst bet is to start throwing the ball over the middle because he only has 1-2 people over the middle everyone else is deep or by the sidelines... Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-13, 15:39

lol this is my base d and i promise u wont run for more than 3 or 4 if u run. u can really only play this is u have a strong 3 down linemen like the jets/ravens. i user second MLB and clean up the run with ghoston/gooden and scott/lewis are unblockable so they'll stop the run too. against a weaker team running up the middle and running in general might work but not a good defensive team. everyone always seems to think running the ball is the answer to coverage Ds and it works if ur extremely patient and it's the beginning of the game, but if it's later and ur playing catch up it really doesnt work too well. if i get lucky and i get one stop where ur held for less than 4 then ur in a passing situation and then u have to know how to throw on anything.

for this specifically u can run slot WRs on streaks and outside WRs on fades. it busts up the zone pretty well if u have time and u normally do since it's only 3 rushers. just wait for everyone to get to the second level.
Back to top Go down
cody2009
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-13, 17:19

i would just pass on it.. i mean com on.. if they are doing that then they only have 3 rushers... u got plenty of time.. u have pleny of options to throw to.. moslty deep passes.. have ur wide out run a streak and motion ur wide out to steps and so he doesnt get caught on press and then hike it and precision throw it.. u can lob it or bullet it depending if u got someone in the slot.. make sure u hit him before he gets to the saftey.. and have ur guy in slot be running a post.. this keeps another option and also brings the saftey over the middle.. and gives u more room on the outside
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-13, 17:22

if they play alot of cover 2, and u want a long pass, put 4 people on streaks and look to the guy who's the most open. Hook zones only play about 7-12 yards back, so they wont be able to guard a 25 yard pass.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
PulMaFinga
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-14, 02:37

huh1231 wrote:
lol this is my base d and i promise u wont run for more than 3 or 4 if u run. u can really only play this is u have a strong 3 down linemen like the jets/ravens. i user second MLB and clean up the run with ghoston/gooden and scott/lewis are unblockable so they'll stop the run too. against a weaker team running up the middle and running in general might work but not a good defensive team. everyone always seems to think running the ball is the answer to coverage Ds and it works if ur extremely patient and it's the beginning of the game, but if it's later and ur playing catch up it really doesnt work too well. if i get lucky and i get one stop where ur held for less than 4 then ur in a passing situation and then u have to know how to throw on anything.

for this specifically u can run slot WRs on streaks and outside WRs on fades. it busts up the zone pretty well if u have time and u normally do since it's only 3 rushers. just wait for everyone to get to the second level.

Well of course....But whats 4 yards times 3? a First down everytime no matter how you look at it. So i have had TONS of success in running it on a 3-4 defense but like huh said you have to have a strong backfield in order to do it.
Back to top Go down
tsLee11
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-14, 03:41

try some draws, or just punch it right up the gut, also fade routes work wonders if you can time it right with your WR's
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=8347933
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-14, 04:11

huh1231 wrote:

This defense is weak against the run, no matter how good your stick skills are. Anyone who has a good rushing attack would run it down your throat if you stay in that defense. 3-4 yards a pop? That's a first down every 3 plays.

As for exposing the defense in the air. Gun Bunch Four Verticals. The post pattern is WIDE open against it.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-14, 08:58

AshBlackstone wrote:
Try running the football on this defense. I mean, you could run 3 or 4 streak routes as well, as that would expose only having 2 deep cover men...

But people always seem to want a passing answer, for a good pass defense.

Run the football if they're sitting on the pass, that's my best advice.

Send you Running Back on a Curl, Tight End on a Streak and your # 1 WR on a Deep in. The WR will be open every time. This works better from single back two TE as you can send both TE on streaks to pull the Safeties, Your RB on a curl will hold the yellow zones while the deep in will be there. You can also throw a streak between the Cb and the safety.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
jsnines
New MS Member
New MS Member
jsnines

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-14, 11:10

tsLee11 wrote:
try some draws, or just punch it right up the gut, also fade routes work wonders if you can time it right with your WR's

I like throwing the same cover 2...and I notice that the middle of the field is open if the guy gets a lot of time...usually the try a QB sneak, cause i play with cowboys and the secondary is pretty quick...so if you have enough time to wait for a throw, id send someone on a slant route to the middle...try the slot receiver so he stays under the deeper zones...or run a draw play up the middle...that should get you a good 7+ yards
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jsnines?ref=profile
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty2010-01-14, 15:35

AshBlackstone wrote:
huh1231 wrote:

This defense is weak against the run, no matter how good your stick skills are. Anyone who has a good rushing attack would run it down your throat if you stay in that defense. 3-4 yards a pop? That's a first down every 3 plays.

As for exposing the defense in the air. Gun Bunch Four Verticals. The post pattern is WIDE open against it.

i know it's not great against the run and that's not wat i'm saying. u'll probably average 3 or 4 but realistically ur looking at a couple of 5 or 8 and a couple of 1 or 2s right? wat i'm saying is that once in a while i'll get u for a loss or 1 or 2 yards. then ur in a passing situation and you'll have to find some way to pass against this D so it's not so simply as "RUN THE BALL" like everyone is saying. how many times have u seen ngata shed his block immediately and hit someone in the backfield or ray lewis sidestepping his block and getting the runner? if this happens u have to throw and then wat is he supposed to do? keep running on 2nd and 11? eventually u'll have to throw. i also mentioned that if ur going to run it on this u'll have to be extremely patient which works great if the game is close or it's the beginning of the game but if ur down 2 scores staying patient becomes a lot harder.

obviously not i'm saying to run this all game and u'll be successful but it's a very good base d to run if u haven't figured out ur opponents pattern yet. i don't think theres much else u can ask for in a base d that covers the entire field and gives up 3 or 4 yrds a run. if someone has something better that shuts down the run to 1 or 2 and still gives u good coverage then i'd like to hear it. btw i get good coverage deep if u play ur MLB2 spread the safeties and carry the slot down the deep middle. if they start dropping it into the yellow ur vacating by covering deep then adjust. if they start running a lot to beat this then i bring blitzes when i expect run. all about situations.

in general i'd say running is a good option but u also have to learn how to pass on it. and like everyone says the weak part of this zone is deep so run 4 verticals and buy urself some time for them to get deep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4   having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4 Empty

Back to top Go down

having trouble with cover 2 outta 3-4
Page 1 of 1