Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Finding it Tough to Run

Go down 
+8
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Th3 Ac3r
Akademiks
wilcmn54
eFresh
NO LUN@T1K
Lorenzo61793
BigPeteB
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BigPeteB
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-01

Finding it Tough to Run Empty
PostSubject: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-02, 11:14

I have been using the Cowboys who have a pretty good offensive line but I still have trouble running the ball. Obviously the problem lies with me.

I am at a point where I only spring once I break away from the pack which has helped. However, are there any other quick tips people can share that will make me a better running team?

My backs are averaging about 2.o yard per carry which means I have to throw the ball about 50 times per game.

Currently I am using screens as a way to run the ball.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo61793
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-02, 13:14

In madden 10 you cant just runa regular run. You have to audible something at the line of scrimmage. you have to motion some people around or slide protect. You will need a FB as well. The singleback is a good formation but its better with PA. You need to run with formations that have a FB like Strong, I form, weak or something like that.
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-02, 13:16

do running plays out of i-form
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-03, 05:59

NO LUN@T1K wrote:
"FUCK DA EAGLES" Heather. Man that's a great cover!
Back to top Go down
wilcmn54
New MS Member
New MS Member
wilcmn54

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-03, 10:47

well what i do i run shotgun a lot but my first play i usually always run depending on what i see on the defense but audibles are something you should do a lot especially in a 3-4 i usually run it and gain a few yards off that unless they blitz their LB then use a quick pass or mabe a screen. but tips on running the ball....i dont run a lot but if its a 3-4 (non blitz) run it up the middle. if if he blitz then switch to a quick pass and hit a TE on the pass for a few yards. running to the outside works on somethings though but not much on the right play...as long as they dont blitz i think you might be fine but dont hold me to that
Back to top Go down
Akademiks
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-03, 11:39

Lorenzo61793 wrote:
In madden 10 you cant just runa regular run. You have to audible something at the line of scrimmage. you have to motion some people around or slide protect. You will need a FB as well. The singleback is a good formation but its better with PA. You need to run with formations that have a FB like Strong, I form, weak or something like that.

Don't listen to this guy..

You definitely dont need a FB..I run perfectly fine all game in single back formation.. FB slows you down IMO.. follow ur linemen and know how ur line will block for each run.. also if its a blockin scheme where linemen pull and go outside to block for u.. wait for it...

if the defense has a good blitz though and is in thebackfield before the ball is snapped.. u can't do shyt really but try to get back to the line.. unless u got ADRIAN PETERSON

REmove the FB from ur formations and u can put that extra guy as an extra tight end or a slot receiver.. TE blocking >>>> FULLBACK
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-03, 16:50

Akademiks wrote:
Lorenzo61793 wrote:

Don't listen to this guy..

You definitely dont need a FB..I run perfectly fine all game in single back formation.. FB slows you down IMO.. follow ur linemen and know how ur line will block for each run.. also if its a blockin scheme where linemen pull and go outside to block for u.. wait for it...

if the defense has a good blitz though and is in thebackfield before the ball is snapped.. u can't do shyt really but try to get back to the line.. unless u got ADRIAN PETERSON

REmove the FB from ur formations and u can put that extra guy as an extra tight end or a slot receiver.. TE blocking >>>> FULLBACK

Dont listen to either of these guys..Some runs work better in singleback where as some work better in the I..you just need to find which ones..I like to run more dives and tosses from the I and more stretches from singlback..the reason i dont really run dives from singleback is that if the defense gets a blitzer through the line your screwed..just go into practice mode and pick out some runs that look good to you and practice them..mess around with motion and slide protection and all of that,and find what works best..once you do that,then you will have the best advantage at executing that in a ranked game or ms game..one more thing,if you ever run a Power O out of any I formation always slide protect your line to pinch so that someone doesnt bust through where that guard pulls..i hope this helped
Back to top Go down
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-03, 17:07

cowboys have a great offensive line some running plays just suck like stretch and hb misdirect i can never get to work but find some packages with pitches, power, maybe a fb dive, even off tackle and if u mix these in w wat seems like a pretty good passing attack for u u should have a good O. some good running playbooks are NO, SEA, i heard DET has a good PB, dallas is ok, and run heavy and balanced r pretty good
Back to top Go down
miked152
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
miked152

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-03, 17:49

eFresh wrote:
NO LUN@T1K wrote:
"FUCK DA EAGLES" Heather. Man that's a great cover!

It really is Finding it Tough to Run 478291 Finding it Tough to Run 478291
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-04, 06:35

Listen when running with the cowboys split the carrys between the two backs, on power runs , use barber, on tosses, sweeps, anything to the outside use Jones, also try passing out of running formations, even screens, to set the def off balance
Back to top Go down
jordo2323
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-05, 13:54

Put your receivers in motion to help you block. Smartly.
Back to top Go down
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty2010-01-05, 18:55

Cowboys its simple...use felix jones as fb In I form to get a couple yards up the middle.then u can use him as a decoy and do fake fb dive.. then pitch it to barber or choice....Use felix on counters with to tight ends...ace formation i think you call it....hb off tackle with barber and jones..power o with barber iz good.....You gotta use all your runs and find out which ones work for you...I dont use the bread and butter misdirection plays with the cowboys but i know it can work....For some reason barber has the best stiff arm in the game....that makes sense....but i cant really get it to work... where im breaking away for a long run against great opponents,,,,the trucking stick is what u really have to work on.... if u wanna run with barber....with barber u really gotta find that whole....hit it..because once u do...u get that timing down where u hit the truck stick ...and im telling u...he is one stubbornmotherfucker he dont like to go down...deffinetly use that counter to the outside with jones...u gotta get him on the outside... then you can figure out with expierence how to make there defender miss....i love beating people with jones...because once i get passed you its six....

Michael Irvin sig Pictures, Images and Photos

Eric Devendorf Sig Pictures, Images and Photos

money girls cars Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding it Tough to Run   Finding it Tough to Run Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding it Tough to Run
Page 1 of 1