Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Lack of trick plays?

Go down 
+9
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
OakKyd
Th3 Ac3r
Cboy918
Mcnair2Wycheck
Crunk
AshBlackstone
BucPride813
NO LUN@T1K
13 posters
AuthorMessage
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Lack of trick plays? Empty
PostSubject: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-01, 22:04

I'm just looking for peoples opinions here, who thinks that madden would be a little more intresting if they had more trick plays in PB's such as diffrent fake punts and field goals not the the same ol' boring fakes they have now..
Back to top Go down
BucPride813
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BucPride813

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-01, 22:06

i wish they had the fake field goal pitch pass like they did in NCAA 06, or the staue of liberty, or the hook and ladder. the good ol plays we use to run in the backyard
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-01, 22:07

exactly if u go on youtube and look up redskins fake punts you see crazy fake punts.. and not to mention NE's and Pitts Triple pass
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-02, 16:30

BucPride813 wrote:
i wish they had the fake field goal pitch pass like they did in NCAA 06, or the staue of liberty, or the hook and ladder. the good ol plays we use to run in the backyard

I'm pretty sure one playbook does have the hook and ladder. I just can't remember which one. But I swear I've seen a hook and ladder play while sifting through playbooks.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-02, 16:41

AshBlackstone wrote:
BucPride813 wrote:

I'm pretty sure one playbook does have the hook and ladder. I just can't remember which one. But I swear I've seen a hook and ladder play while sifting through playbooks.

Yeah, I was right. Philly playbook: Gun Trey Open. Hook and Ladder. I haven't tried to the play, but it looks like you throw the ball to the X receiver as he cuts on his in route, and then you lateral it to the Y receiver almost immediately.

Just a guess on my part from looking at the play art.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-02, 16:47

Fumble Roskie would be nice to use.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-03, 00:26

Absolutely not, it would be like 08 again.
Back to top Go down
Cboy918
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-03, 02:00

I think some trick plays work....I hate it when it works on me, but the fake punt run play will gain you 2-4 yds if he's in like punt return, but if he's in goaline formation and moves the LB to the run side, it can be stuffed. So timing is important, some guys will use this play early in the game, like first or second quarter. I know it sucks to punt, I hate doing it, but gotta play smart! Use this play sometime in the second half though.

Theres also a wide receiver screen pass back in the Ari playbook. I've had it used on me once and it worked and he scored on the play! Yea bummer, but there are some trick plays that work, but ultimately it has to be real football and in reality trick plays don't work that often. Just think back to the Redskins and Giants game a few weeks ago, freaking skins run a fake fg after the Giants knew they were gonna run it! So timing is critical! Freaking idiots!

Anyway I think trick plays add some fun to the game, but yeah if you're relying on trick plays to beat opponents...I think the general consensus is that you're whack!
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-03, 10:57

the hook and ladder is FIRE..if your opponent sets up in prevent (i labbed this) and i put the ball on the 1..put desean jackson in the slot that get the latteral, and if you can time it right the entire defense flows to where the guy catches it,and the desean outruns everyone
Back to top Go down
OakKyd
New MS Member
New MS Member
OakKyd

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-03, 23:23

I wish, but then if we had it, stupid ass cheesers would abuse it then we will be complaining
Back to top Go down
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
TaKiNiT2DaCrIb16

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-04, 01:05

they should include more trick plays, just make them easy to stop. trick plays only work when nobody knows theyre comin. if a team knows a trick play is comin, it's so easy to stop (redskins fake field goal) so allow them to work if the defense is set up wrong but the right defense should b able to stop it easy
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-04, 14:34

Dey need WR reverse pass,option pitch pass,more punt fake formations.Trick ply wouldnt hurt lol.Dey have double WR pass in ARZ pb. And HB pass in Dolphins pb. and more wildcat plys.i never got to use it widlcat lol,i was scared i'd lose big yds.I luv NCAA,bcuz of the trick plays.More NFL teams are runnin more it and sum type of option ply.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-04, 14:44

they had trick plays in 08 and it turned out to be just a bunch of glitch plays
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-04, 14:48

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
they had trick plays in 08 and it turned out to be just a bunch of glitch plays
HMMM which trick plys?? And Wy EA cant stop glitches from happening? Trick plys can turn a gm around either way lol.
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-04, 15:04

i think madden does need more trick ply's.... I just hope madden doesnt go overboard Bcuz the glitches will find some way to abuse it..... but Wcat, flea flicker, and HBDS is not enough IMO. Like in the NFL i see TE screens and shyt. WHERE IS THE TE SCREEN EA, HUH???
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-04, 17:37

Or that swinging gate formation Redskins use?Those fake FG's,and dat punt dat de made look like the wildcat lol. OB i think madden has TE screen sumwhere
Back to top Go down
miked152
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
miked152

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-04, 18:33

OB_DA_BEAST_MAN wrote:
i think madden does need more trick ply's.... I just hope madden doesnt go overboard Bcuz the glitches will find some way to abuse it..... but Wcat, flea flicker, and HBDS is not enough IMO. Like in the NFL i see TE screens and shyt. WHERE IS THE TE SCREEN EA, HUH???

In phillys playbook lol. But I think they need to have reverses and fakes off of them and stuff. The saints run reverses and fakes more times a year than the pats run HBDS, and yet they arent on the game. IDC if they wouldnt work, but at least put em on there
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-04, 19:04

THERE ARE REVERSES.IN NEW ORLEANS PB AND SF.ITS MORE.THOSE WR'S QUICKS OUT OF SINGLEBACK.AND HBDS IS IN LIKE EVRY PB.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-05, 13:41

It baffles me why they don't have a TE screen because it's not even like that's a trick play.
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-05, 14:52

i was jk bout the TE screen. but it would B nice 2 have more trick ply's
Back to top Go down
OakKyd
New MS Member
New MS Member
OakKyd

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty2010-01-08, 22:38

I think that when you ask madden, the regular options and the trick plays pop up because of the timing

IIts so easy now to tell wehn someone is gonna fake it because they will take a long time to call the play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of trick plays?   Lack of trick plays? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lack of trick plays?
Page 1 of 1