Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Madden 11 ratings

Go down 
+6
jonny_madden10
NO LUN@T1K
AshBlackstone
MiamiXCanes
Ellard
Champ_28
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 16:55

They added new ratings like qb accuracy short,med,and far in madden 10....but i still think there are ratings missing. for example i'd like to see a rating called "separtation" which applies to wr running routes and their ablitity to create space between cb's...that way its not the same amount of space and same exact animation on every deep ball.adding more catching animations would be really nice too. another rating i'd like to see is "throwing release" for qb's. there is currently a release for wr's but for qb's a high rating in release would mean a quicker release which is better.tony romo has a very fast realease and thats way i like playing with the cowboys, because throwing the ball feels smooth and fast. a third rating i'd like to see is "knowledge" which means older or more experienced player would have more knowledge and wether its on offense or defense, the knowledge affects their action and if they know what to do in a situation which determines if they make the big play.for example if a rookie reciever is against an older cb like charles woodson or ronde barber, the more knowledgeable player will most likely make the play wether its an int, swat down, or hit on the reciver. the last thing ill mention that doesn't have to do with ratings but would be cool to have is adding momentum into the game. generally the home team would have the advantage such as getting a better push on the line or winning a jump ball. but if they away team is winning or on a role during a point in the game, they get the advantage of momentum and i'm sure you guys could add on to my thoughts and make them way better but these are just ideas to make the game more realistic because right now, i feel its not at its best. dont get me wrong i love madden and hardly ever complain but like now how they enable slower players to catch up to faster players by brielfy pausing the faster player in the lead. idk if you know what im talking about but i would like replies and ideas in this and ideas that cover other parts of madden. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 16:59

the only thing i could remotely see them adding is qb release

separation (wr) = route running (wr)
knowledge (any) = awareness
Back to top Go down
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 17:51

yea your right, they kinda are the same, but they could make it work if they tried at all to where the ratings meant different things, then they could add all of them, what about the momentum idea?
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 17:59

i think your idea is right. they need to add something so the older, slower players still have something to offer in madden. it shouldnt just be all about speed and how athletic the player is

i would take an old ronde barber over a bad, young, fast player any day in real life. it should be the same in madden
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 18:53

crazyblack001 wrote:
i think your idea is right. they need to add something so the older, slower players still have something to offer in madden. it shouldnt just be all about speed and how athletic the player is

i would take an old ronde barber over a bad, young, fast player any day in real life. it should be the same in madden

I agree with this. The impact that speed has on the game should be greatly reduced.

The emphasis for receivers should be on route running, their hands, the ability to get separation(beat press coverage and things like that).

For DBs it should be more about coverage abilities than speed, and play recognition.

Athleticism is important, but a shitty fast player on defense should constantly be overpursuing plays...and getting owned regularly because of it.
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 18:57

yeah another thing i would like is if they made the players' styles more obvious on the firld
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 18:58

field*
Back to top Go down
jonny_madden10
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 19:06

The biggest Problem with madden without a doubt is speed, its stupid. The best team isnt the best team, its the quickest, I used to use the Raiders, i had nano's F@D defenses, blitz schemes and hell i played about 30-40 online games with them and probably about 10 of them were shut outs, and another 20 i gave the other team under 10 points. Its ridiculous, If a cornerback isnt fast then they arent good in man coverage basically, man coverage rating means nothing when a simple drag from a quick wr will kill them everysingle time.

Also, i think a qb should have a kind of carrying when being sacked rating, because i hardly ever cause a fumble from a sack whereas in real life it happens often. For example if you introduced a kind of rating system david Garrard would be very low as he fumbles a lot, so if you sack him from behind he may occasionally fumble, and also i can win games purely with raiders because of Hayward beys speed, ITS SO EASY when he is in 1v1 coverage, his 97 speed beats the cornerback deep everysingle time, and yes the QB over throws sometimes, but when he connects its a TD, and if i get one of them your gonna struggle to beat me!

ANDDDDD........... Check out my new website PLEASEEE - http://supporteagles.webs.com/ - PLEASE COMMENT AND JOIN PEOPLE! I WANA GET IT RUNING FOR NEXT SEASON BUT NEED SUPPORT SO PLEASE COMMENT ON STUFF AND JOIN PLEASE PLEASE
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 19:08

jonny_madden10 wrote:
The biggest Problem with madden without a doubt is speed, its stupid. The best team isnt the best team, its the quickest, I used to use the Raiders, i had nano's F@D defenses, blitz schemes and hell i played about 30-40 online games with them and probably about 10 of them were shut outs, and another 20 i gave the other team under 10 points. Its ridiculous, If a cornerback isnt fast then they arent good in man coverage basically, man coverage rating means nothing when a simple drag from a quick wr will kill them everysingle time.

Also, i think a qb should have a kind of carrying when being sacked rating, because i hardly ever cause a fumble from a sack whereas in real life it happens often. For example if you introduced a kind of rating system david Garrard would be very low as he fumbles a lot, so if you sack him from behind he may occasionally fumble, and also i can win games purely with raiders because of Hayward beys speed, ITS SO EASY when he is in 1v1 coverage, his 97 speed beats the cornerback deep everysingle time, and yes the QB over throws sometimes, but when he connects its a TD, and if i get one of them your gonna struggle to beat me!

ANDDDDD........... Check out my new website PLEASEEE - http://supporteagles.webs.com/ - PLEASE COMMENT AND JOIN PEOPLE! I WANA GET IT RUNING FOR NEXT SEASON BUT NEED SUPPORT SO PLEASE COMMENT ON STUFF AND JOIN PLEASE PLEASE

that's all true
Back to top Go down
jonny_madden10
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 19:14

thanks lol Smile comment on website or join, please people - http://supporteagles.webs.com/
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 19:28

k i did
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-28, 19:53

I'll take the WR/DB dual to explain how they should put the emphasize on non-athletic skills.

Everyone knows that speed and jumping are two very important skills in Madden. Basically, the "who will get the ball?" question can be answered by looking at those two things. Speed will decide if the receiver is wide open or if the CB is right beside him. Jumping (along with height) will decide which one grabs the ball on a lob throw.

Now, the way to clear this is to focus on 3 other ratings which are often looked over: Route running, spectacular catch and man coverage. In M11, the WR's fakes and their effectiveness should be dictated by RR and MC. If the WR's RR rating is high and the CB's man coverage rating is low, the CB should most likely bite to the WR's fakes, freeing him up. How is this realistic? Take Reggie Wayne. The guy's not THAT fast. Doesn't even crack the 90 mark in fact. Well, in real life, Reggie is one of the best WRs at getting open. That's because he consistantly breaks the CB's ankles. The opposite can be said on Revis, who hardly ever bites on fakes and always sticks to his receiver.

The next thing is Spectacular Catch. This rating is close to useless while it should be an important thing. That's the thing that should decide who comes up with the ball on a contested catch.
Take a look at this video
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80cebddc/WK-13-Can-t-Miss-Play-Steve-Smith-Part-II
Steve Smith makes an awesome catch. Now, don't get me wrong, he's fast and athletic and all that. But he's 5"9. Even with 99 jumping, he shouldn't make the catch here. In Madden, no way he gets it. Well, that's where Spectacular Catch enters the ring. Steve Smith has (or deserves) a high SC rating, making this catch. On defense, they should either raise this attribute or create the "swat" skill.

This shows how you can attenuate the importance of athletism in the game.

Finally, I would like to see more contact on long throws. When you watch a bomb's replay on TV, you see that the WR and DB are fighting to get to the ball. That should also be the case in the game. This aspect could enter under the Press/Release confrontation.

I have more ideas, but I don't want to write a wall of text.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-29, 06:18

It's hard to tell what is missing, I like the separation idea , it would be nice to see WR's attempt to stay in bounds on pass plays, instead of just running completely out of bounds on a catch they can drag their toes on
Back to top Go down
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-29, 09:28

qb release and how far the receiver can get away from the corner should definitely be added as a rating in madden 11
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty2009-12-29, 14:55

Nice ideas everyone, especially in relation to the WR/DB interaction. But didn't they kind of do the QB releases already this year?

One thing I would like to see is different ratings for Throw power and throw velocity. Some guys can't throw very far but are great at zipping in a 10 yard pass for a first down, just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Madden 11 ratings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 11 ratings   Madden 11 ratings Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden 11 ratings
Page 1 of 1