Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Blocking Field Goals

Go down 
+14
BucPride813
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Ace2k7
"pick6forswag"
Champ_28
Crunk
Skane3
AshBlackstone
360madden
the joker 260
jd7680
Th3 Ac3r
jsmall28
Dannyboii225
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Dannyboii225
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dannyboii225

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Blocking Field Goals Empty
PostSubject: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-28, 01:04

Im sure someone on this site has blocked a field goal.. i feel like i have tried everything. Can anyone give some hints.. tips.. anything?? Thanks
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-28, 13:07

blocking field goals is considered cheap by a lot of people, so you probably won't get much help...
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-28, 13:09

ive never blocked a field goal,or ever seen a field goal blocked on madden 10..
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-28, 13:40

its not that hard, you just line up to the left side of center and time your jump. you will slip in between the long snapper and guard. then triangle is all you need. its not something you should be doing in ranked games though because its stupid
Back to top Go down
the joker 260
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
the joker 260

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-28, 14:38

jd7680 wrote:
its not that hard, you just line up to the left side of center and time your jump. you will slip in between the long snapper and guard. then triangle is all you need. its not something you should be doing in ranked games though because its stupid

ive done it many of times vs the cpu on all-madden but trying vs a ranked opponent is once in a lifetime of happening.plus the patch kinda took dat plan of slipping through the center and guard out when they updated the blocking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/coltsammy
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-28, 14:53

the joker 260 wrote:
jd7680 wrote:

ive done it many of times vs the cpu on all-madden but trying vs a ranked opponent is once in a lifetime of happening.plus the patch kinda took dat plan of slipping through the center and guard out when they updated the blocking.

I didn't really notice a big difference? I blocked a field goal (not a PAT) by quickly highlighting the dude at the back. pressed diagonal down left so he moves diagonal up right (remember the movements are reversed until the camera finishes rotating) then get him in position. I make sure he engages the blocker at the hike then highlight the guy coming through and run towards the kicker.

i get the block 1 out of 10 times maybe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-28, 14:58

I've blocked two field goals, and I've had one extra point blocked on me.

The two field goals I blocked came in completely different manners. One was on the last play of a game, where I came sprinting up the gut with the "safety" in the FG Block defense. The "safety" on the play is always the person you have as your return man. I can't you how I did this, it was an accident.

The 2nd block for me came off of the edge. I used Carolina's Steve Smith to come off the edge on the right side of your screen. It actually wasn't a block...I tackled the holder before the kick. Just as good.

I'm actually going to lab some special teams work during this week. I'll let everyone know my findings.
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-28, 21:53

EASY.BUT CONSIDERED CHEESY,BUT CAN BE STOPPED.TAKE ANY1 OR RETURN MAN AND JUMP THE SNAP AND USAULLY I GET IT OR DO SUMTHIN ELSE LOL.PUNT BLOCKS WORK FOR ME SUMTIME TOO.USER ANY EDGE GUY AND USUALLY I GET IT LIKE 2/5 TIMES.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-29, 00:06

Blitz the A gap with the guy in the back, then switch and dive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-29, 01:35

CRUNK wrote:

thats how i do i, you need a fast + tall mlb
Back to top Go down
"pick6forswag"
New MS Member
New MS Member
Blocking Field Goals 13161-46

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: good stuff.   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-29, 01:52

Champ_28 wrote:
CRUNK wrote:

thats how i do i, you need a fast + tall mlb
Back to top Go down
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-29, 08:08

Skane3 wrote:
EASY.BUT CONSIDERED CHEESY,BUT CAN BE STOPPED.TAKE ANY1 OR RETURN MAN AND JUMP THE SNAP AND USAULLY I GET IT OR DO SUMTHIN ELSE LOL.PUNT BLOCKS WORK FOR ME SUMTIME TOO.USER ANY EDGE GUY AND USUALLY I GET IT LIKE 2/5 TIMES.

i block a field goal 1/5 times when playing against someone in a ranked match by doing this
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-29, 11:53

some guy blocked my XP's today,and then he was a douche and went for 2 the whole game
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-29, 12:51

i posted how you can do this in the exclusive section
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-29, 13:14

whats the exclusive section?
Back to top Go down
BucPride813
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BucPride813

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-29, 13:33

exclusive section is for loyal members only you either have to pay or get voted in by present members
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2009-12-29, 13:37

o
Back to top Go down
jzboi18
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2010-01-15, 15:57

hey we need a straight forward answer or two already quit sayin that it was an accident... WE DONT CARE!! just one good answer will do
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2010-01-15, 17:29

i can block field goals when i want to,but i only do it when the other person is being a d!ck (gl off tackle,continuous nanos,etc.)
Back to top Go down
Vaughnilla619
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Vaughnilla619

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2010-01-15, 17:42

I had a guy last week block 2 PAT's and 1 FG. I was completely ****ed about it!
Back to top Go down
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2010-01-15, 17:59

BLOCKING FEILD GOALS ISNT CHEAP, IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE...GET OVER IT NOOBS
Back to top Go down
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2010-01-15, 18:02

if you block the extra point, you get disconnected from the game and it doesnt show up as a loss or win for any1. at least it does so on the ps3. fgs n xps are too easy to block if you have a fast mlb w good jumping. i block a fg every game justabout. ill block the xp when i feel like being an ass...lol
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2010-01-15, 18:08

Champ_28 wrote:
BLOCKING FEILD GOALS ISNT CHEAP, IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE...GET OVER IT NOOBS

haha not every field goal is blocked in real life..if you practice it over and over like some people do it can be blocked EVERYTIME..
who uses the word "noob" anymore? LMAO
Back to top Go down
FunkayMonkay
New MS Member
New MS Member
FunkayMonkay

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2010-01-15, 21:08

Blocking every FG in a single NFL game is more realistic than any Nano is. Dont get me wrong I use nano's im just pointing out, if your gonna abuse bad game code and use Nano's why not abuse it to block every FG? (overload blitzing is different than a true nano.) I just imagine people would be O.K. with both nano's and blocks or hate both.
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty2010-01-15, 21:15

I BLOCKED XP POINT B4 AND I WAS STILL N DA GM.. U CAN BLOCK GOALINE OUT OF FG BLOCK,GOALINE,155 AND PUNT BLOCK TRUST ME.AINT DAT HARD..PRACTIC MODE OR OWELL DEN LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blocking Field Goals   Blocking Field Goals Empty

Back to top Go down

Blocking Field Goals
Page 1 of 1