Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

F@g Defenses

Go down 
+6
Jimmy Freedom90
Oldstalecheetos
jd7680
doozie821
MiamiXCanes
Th3 Ac3r
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-27, 19:05

anyone have any good ones?my best one i think is 1-5-5 cover 3
1.show blitz
2.put 2 of the linebackers that are blitzing into buzz zones(on opposite sides)
3.put the DT into qb spy(optional)if you think you are better with rushing him and possibly getting pressure then go ahead
it sucks,but it works sometimes..but against anyone who has a brain they can still pikk it apart..i hate it when you drop 10-11 people back into coverage and they still find a hole..
any would be appreciated!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-27, 19:12

my favorite is 46 cover 2 zone

put both corners in purple zones
put both DE in flat zones
put one DT in qb spy

if the person likes to attack the deep middle the i take one of my LB and put them into a deep blue zone and put my DT that would be a spy into a yellow zone

always works well for me
Back to top Go down
doozie821
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-15

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-27, 19:36

3-3-5 cover 2... put your DE back to yellow zone or purple... user the middle LB
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-27, 19:45

crazyblack001 wrote:
my favorite is 46 cover 2 zone

put both corners in purple zones
put both DE in flat zones
put one DT in qb spy

if the person likes to attack the deep middle the i take one of my LB and put them into a deep blue zone and put my DT that would be a spy into a yellow zone

always works well for me

thats my favorite one too. also you can purple zone the de's if they are fast enough. its faster to set up
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-27, 19:48

thanks guys,like crazy sometimes i will use cover 2 as the base,except i run it out of 1-5-5..just need some people in the buzzes and it usually works well
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-27, 23:10

try dollar cover 1 robber... sub in lbs at de and a de at dt... then put the des in purple, the dt in yellow, and the blitzing lb in contain... back off coverage... great fag d for many situations.... make sure you user a guy in the middle or the spy
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Jimmy Freedom90

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 02:25

nickel, odd split, cover three.
two inside cb's as buzz zones, flat zone the outside linemen.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 05:51

These are the only situations in which I would drop 10 or 11 players into coverage...

1) There is less than a minute to go in the half, or game and my opponent is out of timeouts, so he can't run the football. He also can't sit back there in the pocket and wait for someone to get open at the end of the half, or the end of the game if he's down one score, because time is ticking away.

2) If I'm up huge in the 4th. I'll completely allow him to run the football up the middle, or take off running with the QB on pass plays, just to make him take as much time off the clock as possible. I usually turn the Cover 4 into a Fag D in this situation. Running plays up the middle, short pass plays, or QB scrambles up the middle will be open all day. Just no quick scores.

Otherwise, I won't drop 10/11 guys in any other situation. I will drop 8 and user spy. Or I'll drop 9, and patrol the short and intermediate routes.

But I don't really like your typical FAG D as a part of my regular scheme. I think you've got to have SOME pressure on the QB. Or at least the appearance of pressure.

I don't face a lot of FAG D, because it's not particularly effective against an offense such as mine. And it won't be until someone can come up with a FAG D that can also stuff the run.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 10:24

AshBlackstone wrote:
These are the only situations in which I would drop 10 or 11 players into coverage...

1) There is less than a minute to go in the half, or game and my opponent is out of timeouts, so he can't run the football. He also can't sit back there in the pocket and wait for someone to get open at the end of the half, or the end of the game if he's down one score, because time is ticking away.

2) If I'm up huge in the 4th. I'll completely allow him to run the football up the middle, or take off running with the QB on pass plays, just to make him take as much time off the clock as possible. I usually turn the Cover 4 into a Fag D in this situation. Running plays up the middle, short pass plays, or QB scrambles up the middle will be open all day. Just no quick scores.

Otherwise, I won't drop 10/11 guys in any other situation. I will drop 8 and user spy. Or I'll drop 9, and patrol the short and intermediate routes.

But I don't really like your typical FAG D as a part of my regular scheme. I think you've got to have SOME pressure on the QB. Or at least the appearance of pressure.

I don't face a lot of FAG D, because it's not particularly effective against an offense such as mine. And it won't be until someone can come up with a FAG D that can also stuff the run.
Its effective when play someone who picks the Pats or Colts and throws the ball 60 times a game and runs it 0
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 11:10

i like cover 2 hawk and u user the middle lb and cover the middle of the field
Back to top Go down
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 13:23

Oldstalecheetos wrote:
try dollar cover 1 robber... sub in lbs at de and a de at dt... then put the des in purple, the dt in yellow, and the blitzing lb in contain... back off coverage... great fag d for many situations.... make sure you user a guy in the middle or the spy

i tried this and this is actually a very good fag d....it has some man d in their so the coverage doesnt break down quickly and there arent as many holes and some zone reassuring the middle, deep, and flats
Back to top Go down
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 13:27

one of the best fag d's i came across is cover 2 sink outta 1-5-5

Setup...put the blitzing mlb covering deep blue and put the blitzing olb's in blue flats or purple buzz zones depending on your opponent....then the dt you can user him and use moves to get to the qb or and can put him in a spy or what else works good is a contain and he'll chase the qb around
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 13:29

I like the cover 1 robber..they always think its a zone and they make a mistake
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 14:44

Smile glad i could help
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 15:01

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:

Its effective when play someone who picks the Pats or Colts and throws the ball 60 times a game and runs it 0

Yeah, but what happens when someone just sits in the pocket and waits? You're applying absolutely no pressure to the QB, so they could literally let 5 minutes come off of the game clock while they wait for a wide out to get open.

In most normal situations, I believe you have to have a minimum of 2 guys coming after the QB.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 17:59

AshBlackstone wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:

Yeah, but what happens when someone just sits in the pocket and waits? You're applying absolutely no pressure to the QB, so they could literally let 5 minutes come off of the game clock while they wait for a wide out to get open.

In most normal situations, I believe you have to have a minimum of 2 guys coming after the QB.

I always let the DT rush since hes useless in coverage..i use the vikes,so Pat Williams usually does pretty good by himself by just letting them know hes their..and usually alot of users arent patient enough to sit in the pocket for that long and they take off scrambling..then when he does that usually one of the DE's in the flat zones will start chasing after him
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 18:32

Dnt run fag d all.Im not bashing on who do,but jus sit in the pocket and wait till sum1 gets open or hot route.Zones dnt last forever.or just run da ball down the d gut lol
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 18:38

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:
AshBlackstone wrote:

I always let the DT rush since hes useless in coverage..i use the vikes,so Pat Williams usually does pretty good by himself by just letting them know hes their..and usually alot of users arent patient enough to sit in the pocket for that long and they take off scrambling..then when he does that usually one of the DE's in the flat zones will start chasing after him

Oh, I agree...people are very impatient, but I'm not. I'm just saying that I see a fag D when I'm throwing the ball, I'm going to wait patiently for someone to get open. And eventually, someone WILL DEFINITELY get open.

It's a matter of time. That's why I don't think it's good to drop 10 or 11 guys as a normal part of your scheme through out the game. Special situations like late in a half where time is running out, and he absolutely has to throw it quickly...then I see the benefit.

But if it's the middle of the 3rd, and the score is 10-10...there's no way I'm dropping 10 or 11 into coverage for any reason whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 20:40

The Cover 2 Hawk out of the 46 is GODLY..Come out in the Dollar and then audible down to that and you cant do nothing..especially if you roam with the spying linebacker coveering any holes that are open
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 22:47

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
The Cover 2 Hawk out of the 46 is GODLY..Come out in the Dollar and then audible down to that and you cant do nothing..especially if you roam with the spying linebacker coveering any holes that are open

technically, if you cant do nothing... youre admitting that you can do something... check ur grammar homie lol...
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty2009-12-28, 23:05

Oldstalecheetos wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:

technically, if you cant do nothing... youre admitting that you can do something... check ur grammar homie lol...

WHO CARES ABOUT GRAMMAR!!!!!!haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

F@g Defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: F@g Defenses   F@g Defenses Empty

Back to top Go down

F@g Defenses
Page 1 of 1