Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Ok- where to start? I suck online, play pretty good on CPU

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwink
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Ok- where to start?  I suck online, play pretty good on CPU Empty
PostSubject: Ok- where to start? I suck online, play pretty good on CPU   Ok- where to start?  I suck online, play pretty good on CPU Empty2009-12-19, 20:29

Hi all,

I am here to try to learn to be a better player.

When I play against the CPU, I probably win about 80% of the games.

When I go online and play people (at my level- level 1) I get crushed.

I can't seem to stop anyone on defense, but they seem to somehow shut down my pass game to the point that the CB's always jump the route and intercept and I struggle to run the ball.

Where should I start?
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Ok- where to start? I suck online, play pretty good on CPU   Ok- where to start?  I suck online, play pretty good on CPU Empty2009-12-19, 20:51

First, you have to understand that playing the CPU and other users is completely different. A human mind is way more brillant that Madden's AI so you'll have to start the chess game if you want to win!

Let's start with the base: play selection.

I guess you always chose the plays you wanted to use, regardless of the formations, when playing the CPU. Well, if you're playing a human, you'll have to mix your stuff. What I mean is, if you're coming out in Singleback Big using one play, the opponent will figure out how you make it work and he'll shut it down.

Second: user catching.

If you're playing the CPU, you must think that, when you throw a pass, the defender will lose the battle if he's behind the receiver. However, against someone, you'll find out that they can take control of the player and bust the pass. That's why you want to find plays that create wide separation between the defenders and receivers.

Final: defensive coverages.

When you play the CPU, you'll find that it often comes out in plays like Cover 2, Cover 3, 2 man under, etc. Well, against a human, the plays won't be the same. You'll have more pressure and more complex coverages. Play some unranked games to get used to online defenses and make the correct reads.

I'll let a D mind talk to you about defense.
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Ok- where to start? I suck online, play pretty good on CPU   Ok- where to start?  I suck online, play pretty good on CPU Empty2009-12-19, 20:55

YEa play a lot of unranked games to get the feeling of how online is played and what O and D's work online.

Once you think your ready go hit some ranked games.

What O and D PB do you use?
What teams do you prefer?
Back to top Go down
dwink
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Ok- where to start? I suck online, play pretty good on CPU   Ok- where to start?  I suck online, play pretty good on CPU Empty2009-12-19, 21:34

pkismyname wrote:
YEa play a lot of unranked games to get the feeling of how online is played and what O and D's work online.

Once you think your ready go hit some ranked games.

What O and D PB do you use?
What teams do you prefer?

I have been playing with the Saints lately, but I have used the Pats, Steelers (yuck), and the Broncos.

I have not really played around with playbooks, I just use the defaults.

The other week, I played a guy that hit my RB (Bush) so hard that he fumbled like every 3rd time he carried the ball. Whatever he did made the screen shake.

I have never played an unranked game- I guess that makes sense.

As for practice, probably a good idea also.

This is a stupid question, but how do you call for a fair catch on the 360? The owners manual is pretty inadequate as far as the controls go. I guess they assume people have played for a long time?

(BTW- that Steelers comment is not about the real team, just in game they suck)
Back to top Go down
iRoN RaMpAgEx
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Ok- where to start? I suck online, play pretty good on CPU   Ok- where to start?  I suck online, play pretty good on CPU Empty2010-02-24, 17:30

y
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok- where to start? I suck online, play pretty good on CPU   Ok- where to start?  I suck online, play pretty good on CPU Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok- where to start? I suck online, play pretty good on CPU
Page 1 of 1