Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

What the best F@g D.

Go down 
+3
Skane3
huh1231
dracocepheus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

What the best F@g D. Empty
PostSubject: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-03, 15:19

I use one out of the Nickel: Normal called 9 Velcro all I do is put my two DT in a purple zone and zones to middle and put the FS in a QB spy and user him. I'm not saying this is the best but it works sometimes and haven't given up a TD with it. I do not use this past the 50 yard line...
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-03, 15:47

lol fag d works better teh closer you are to the end zone. if ur opponent is on the 10 yard line those deep blue zones get stretched out and the yellow/purples dont cover deep enough. you'll get more room between to throw. the closer you are to the goalline the less room there is to defend so fag d works better. i only run fag d inside my 30. other times i'm bringing at least 4 most of the time or i'm nanoing.
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-03, 16:41

Nice tip I'll have to try that out. What play do you run your with?
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-03, 20:02

i run a bunch of fag Ds. i usually have one fag d for every formation that i have a nano in. my defensive play calling normally goes something like nano, nano, fag d, nano, fag d, fag d, nano. they all the same so it works well.

i run a 155 fag d which i like a lot. cover3. put MLB1 in contain, LOLB2 in contain, LOLB1 in purple, ROLB in purple. MLB2 in yellow and guard the middle or play the FS.
i play with oakland and do some adjustments so i get morrison and williams in contains (high awareness, zone cov, and catch) they pick off a lot of quick passes to the flats. i have mitchell (ss) in coverage as a LB and i have seymour as the 1 rusher. i basically end up with a 4 LB, 1 DT, 3 CB, 3 S package. with oakland we're looking at some ridiculous speed on the field. you'd be surprised how quickly seymour will get to the QB if he just stands there looking downfield if he's not paying attention to him.
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-03, 20:30

MAKING YUR OWN IS DA BEST TYPE LOL. HUH1231 I USE A SIMILAR ONE LIKE DAT 2 WEN I KNO MY OPPENET IS GOIN TO PASS 24/7 NO MATTER WHAT.BUT I BLITZ 24/7.VERY RARE I USE FA G D LOL
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-06, 19:08

pressure busts pipes and forces turnovers

i dont believe in f@g D
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-06, 19:19

I find 2-4-5 better than nickel normal for fag D because you have 2 LBs instead of DEs to cover the flats. I also bring a lot of pressure with this formation so my opponents won't know if it's a fag D or a blitz.
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-09, 23:37

dollar
FS robber?

put OLBs in at DE and ur fastest DE at NT

1.put de's in purples
2. put nt in spy
3. put blitzing lb in yellow
4. user the deep guy (peferably a fast guy)

this gives you 2 yellows, 2 purples and 1 deep blue zone, a spy and man coverage all around... DO NOT BUMP AND RUN
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-10, 01:12

crazyblack001 wrote:
pressure busts pipes and forces turnovers

i dont believe in f@g D

Pressure does work great. You know what works even better? When your opponent thinks you're bringing heat, but then you drop 8.

I believe in mixing it up. Showing a lot of the same looks, but blitzing and dropping 8 or 9 defenders out of those same looks.

Most of my turnovers come when I've blitzed 2 or 3 plays in a row, and then show the same look I showed on one of those blitzes...and drop everyone. They try to get rid of it too quickly, and it goes into the arms of a linebacker.

Or they throw a screen, and it gets dropped for a 4 yard loss because my DEs were covering the flats along with the corners.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-10, 01:16

yeah i hear ya. i run blitzes and then ill run a cover 2 or 3 but make it look like the blitz i killed ya with. but i dont like dropping extra people into coverage and rushing 1 or 2.

any smart player will kill that
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty2009-12-10, 01:23

crazyblack001 wrote:
yeah i hear ya. i run blitzes and then ill run a cover 2 or 3 but make it look like the blitz i killed ya with. but i dont like dropping extra people into coverage and rushing 1 or 2.

any smart player will kill that

I rarely drop 10 or 11. I might throw it in once or twice during some games to mix things up.

I will rush 2, drop 8, and have a spy though. User the spy. I usually spy the DT. I usually have a faster DE subbed in at the position that still has a decent rating even at the DT position.

Of course, out of the same look I'll rush 7.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the best F@g D.   What the best F@g D. Empty

Back to top Go down

What the best F@g D.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden Defensive Strategy-
Jump to: