Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

D Problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-30

D Problems Empty
PostSubject: D Problems   D Problems Empty2009-11-30, 20:20

I played this guy today who came out in the strong I formation he would run right,

Counter or do some type of play action waggle. He played with the raiders. How do i

stop this? He wasnt running a toss it looked like a blast or a power-o-. I use the NYJ

playbook. Anyone got any ideas? This isnt the first time ive ran into this scheme. Just

makes me mad when i get beat by 3-4 plays.
Back to top Go down
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-29

D Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Problems   D Problems Empty2009-11-30, 20:40

*34DoubleTrouble28* wrote:
I played this guy today who came out in the strong I formation he would run right,

Counter or do some type of play action waggle. He played with the raiders. How do i

stop this? He wasnt running a toss it looked like a blast or a power-o-. I use the NYJ

playbook. Anyone got any ideas? This isnt the first time ive ran into this scheme. Just

makes me mad when i get beat by 3-4 plays.

i played two guys like that today. i had to give a lil on D but make sure i didnt break and allow the big play. where my opponents went wrong is they got greedy and ran too often and coughed it up. i find the biggest problem with running it 2 or 3 times and maybe passing it once in a while is that it eats up alot of clock. this might not seem like too much but when you spend 6 min. running the ball and cough it up and you have nothing to show for your efforts it deffinetly works against you. i kinda like playing heavy run guys beacuse IF you can shut down the run and force these run heavy guys to pass i think it plays in your favor. i use a 46 defense. try going to a 46 cover 2 or cover 3, pinch the line and crash there blitz angles outwards then reblitz your DT's so then pinch or spread your backers accordingly on what you think he'll run then user the saftey and try to smash on his RB. this is what i use it works for me deffinetly expirement with this though first hope this helps man.
Back to top Go down
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

D Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Problems   D Problems Empty2009-12-02, 18:59

thanks man, ill give this a try
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

D Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Problems   D Problems Empty2009-12-02, 20:45

I think this is when you can really take advantage of some nano's and blitzing. If the guy is running, then a run blitz should help stop him, and if he's using the PA, then the time spend on the fake should allow you to sack the QB pretty easily. Gotta load up the box and hope to put him into 2nd and long and 3rd and long. If you can do that and play a good game of field position, then you have a good chance, IMO. It's tough to run the ball 70-80 yards and get a TD.
Back to top Go down
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

D Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Problems   D Problems Empty2009-12-02, 23:14

The guy ran alot of power os and hb smashes. When i send a nano like 46- inside blitz, it doesnt work. Also the cover 3 with the lb going to the flat is always delayed because of the PA. The Cover 2 should work as far as stopping the Pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Problems   D Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

D Problems
Page 1 of 1