Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?

Go down 
+2
raymond-bell
FelixdaCat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2? Empty
PostSubject: How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?   How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2? Empty2009-11-26, 22:22

Ok lately I have been getting behind and a few opponents have been calling Cover 2 out of 3-3-5 and it is not your typical cover 2 defense. everything is pretty much the same except the MLB drops into a deep zone instead of a hook zone...so i can't split the cover 2 down the middle like i usually want to. Usually if I see a cover 2 I wait until the receiver gets by the corner and hit him in the space behind the CB and safety, but that doesn't always work cause if the guy is good on the sticks he'll take control of the safety and lay a big hit on him and he'll drop it.

I'm sure I could just run on this, but when you are down the running game kinda goes out the window. Even when the game was close, if I got into a 3rd and long he would go to that defense as well. I was just wondering if you guys knew of any other ways to beat this more easily. I use the Eagles by the way.
Back to top Go down
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?   How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2? Empty2009-11-27, 03:36

Quote :
Ok lately I have been getting behind and a few opponents have been calling Cover 2 out of 3-3-5 and it is not your typical cover 2 defense. everything is pretty much the same except the MLB drops into a deep zone instead of a hook zone...so i can't split the cover 2 down the middle like i usually want to. Usually if I see a cover 2 I wait until the receiver gets by the corner and hit him in the space behind the CB and safety, but that doesn't always work cause if the guy is good on the sticks he'll take control of the safety and lay a big hit on him and he'll drop it.

I'm sure I could just run on this, but when you are down the running game kinda goes out the window. Even when the game was close, if I got into a 3rd and long he would go to that defense as well. I was just wondering if you guys knew of any other ways to beat this more easily. I use the Eagles by the way.

how many is he rushing with? just 3? anyways if he just has yellow and deep blue zones u might try and hitting his defense over the corner and under the saftey that can be a weakspot in a cover two at times. you might also want to try and depending on the time run a draw or just plain out run it, make him pay for dropping most of his guys into coverage. overall though try and see what the weakspot in his particular D is and from there try to exploit it. lol i know easier said than done but no matter what D someone runs there is always a way to exploit it. hope this helps man.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?   How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2? Empty2009-11-28, 09:47

Even if you dont want to run it, draws rape it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?   How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2? Empty2009-11-28, 11:05

You can also put 1 or 2 guys on deep ins to back off the hook zones and throw a drag underneath.
Back to top Go down
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?   How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2? Empty2009-11-28, 13:14

Yeah I labbed against this defense and found some draws that got me some really good yardage. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?   How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2? Empty2009-11-28, 22:08

10 yd Fades if you need a lot of yardage.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?   How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2? Empty2009-11-28, 22:11

ok I didnt read the 1st post so I don't know what it says, but running the ball will kill a 3 man rush. or hitting the corner routes.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?   How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to beat Nickel 3-3-5 Cover 2?
Page 1 of 1