Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?

Go down 
+2
CapnCrunch
sloppyjoe1762
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sloppyjoe1762
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-09-22

it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty
PostSubject: it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?   it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty2009-11-19, 12:57

i don't consider going for it on 4th down and 3 yds cheating. it's unrealistic but it's a part of EA's crappy gameplay. as a matter of fact i have always said that it is too easy for the offense to score in madden. think about it. why do you think people in madden go for it on 4th down? BECAUSE THE SUCCESS RATE IN MADDEN IS MUCH HIGHER THAN IN THE NFL. why? because the defense is hopeless. as usual, we need help on defense. every year it's the same thing. the offenses can do anything they want to the defense. if it was difficult to score in madden then we would see people punting on 4th down. last year on the EA insideblog forum i screamed as loud as i can "please make it more difficult to score!" they didn't make it more difficult to score and the game s_cks as usual because of that. if i was designing a game i would give the QB's a reasonable amount of time to pass but i would tighten up the coverage downfield. this would result in more incompletions and more realistic game play. also, the playrecognition needs to be addressed so those smart LB's can stuff the play for us once and awhile

sloppyjoe1762
winnin $$$ @ gamersaloon.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamersaloon.com
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?   it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty2009-11-19, 15:51

I agree, it would be easy to just step up the defense about ten percent or so on fourth down. Just like a real defense does, they get pumped up and step up their play to give it their very best on fourth down.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?   it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty2009-11-19, 16:24

i normaly dont even give double digit points so i dont see what the problem is
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?   it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty2009-11-23, 14:07

I'm somewhere between sloppyjoe and crazyblack. I think people should be allowed to make their own choices in the game and go for it on 4th. I don't think the D should necessarily be given a boost either, but it does irk me how defensive players (on any down) don't play their proper assignments and when they do they glue themselves to one zone instead of reading and reacting. This is something that I hope they address for next year so that going for it on 4th is actually an unwise move.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?   it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty2009-11-24, 19:46

I'll go for it on 4th and inches if I'm across midfield, and I'll go for it on 4th and 6 or less late in the game with a small lead if I'm inside their 40, because a conversion basically ends the game...and I play to win.

But I almost never go for it on my side of the 50, unless I'm losing and my defense is getting torched.

I wouldn't mind seeing a small boost for the defense on 4th down, but nothing crazy.

If I played good enough defense to put them in 4th and 5 or longer, and they go for it...chances are, I'm probably going to stop them again.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?   it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty2009-11-25, 19:26

Same with going for it. I think it's unwise and I already stop people a lot. If I'm in my own territory I only go for it if it's inches to go or it's necessary/
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?   it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty2009-11-25, 19:36

Madden needs to go back to the fair play option.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?   it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty2009-11-25, 19:40

I wouldn't like that, I think people have the right to choose how they want to play the game, but I wish they would just give you a greater ability to stop stuff on Dsimply by making the D read and react better. (overall, not just on 4th down)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?   it's easy to convert 4th downs. why? Empty

Back to top Go down

it's easy to convert 4th downs. why?
Page 1 of 1