Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up

Go down 
+4
DaTBa1LHaWK
Fudopi is That Dude
W A V Y D R E
Militant X 1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty
PostSubject: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-08, 21:20

i have had success stopping the Wildcat from a few formations. but....the best one for me has been the Field Block! here is what i do:

FG Block

-spread out the 2 far defenders
-stack the blitzing LB in the A gap (of your choice)
-stack the blitzing FS in the other A gap [i sub in Reed]
-User the FS and run str8 at the QB (ball handler) at the snap

this has locked and blown up the wildcat like crazy for me! enjoy!
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-08, 22:35

if its a pass.. DOTSSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-09, 00:40

yeah they can pass...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-09, 18:58

MY WILDCAT LOCKUP: 3-4 normal cover 3
1) send both DEs in contain
2) show blitz (try to time it, blows it up in backfield)
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-09, 21:08

mine:

3-4 CB Dogs Blitz
- Show Blitz
- Control either Middle LB or Safety, unless you know which way they're going, then control a corner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-09, 22:01

Storm Red from nickel odd split works for me.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-09, 23:12

W A V Y D R E wrote:
if its a pass.. DOTSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wavy....everyone seems to mention the "if they pass" statement....as if cats are "always" passing out of the Wildcat. lol! i use a variety of formations to stop the Wildcat...but...this is my favorite....cause most cats (that i have played) don't "attempt" to pass out of the Wildcat. you got to mix this in just like you would any other defense but...it has been money for me!
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-11, 17:49

yea i would understand the "if they pass" statement if they were using a team that had sumone that could throw gettin the snap (ronnie brown, dmac, michael robinson, etc.).. if not, i wont worry bout the pass cuz more than likely they wont make a good pass..
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-22, 20:16

Militant X 1 wrote:
i have had success stopping the Wildcat from a few formations. but....the best one for me has been the Field Block! here is what i do:

FG Block

thats cheesy as hell. all any1 needs to do is spread their d line and put the ends on contain, and control a LB or safety. not hard
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-24, 10:25

DyNaMicakaDNM wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:

FG Block

thats cheesy as hell. all any1 needs to do is spread their d line and put the ends on contain, and control a LB or safety. not hard

wtf? there is nothing "cheesy" about this set up son! nothing! i am a str8 baller! you mentioned controlling a LB/Safety in your post here. i also mentioned controlling a FS in mine. i also mentioned in a previous post that i use many other ways to stop the wildcat as well.

and if you consider "stacking" defenders into gaps as i mentioned or moving defenders out or in and manually rushing defenders as "cheesy" then you need to get off the damn game! not hard.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-24, 19:09

Thanks for the write up Mili!
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-24, 21:21

Hormel wrote:
Thanks for the write up Mili!

glad you like it Hormel. try it out and let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-25, 21:07

What I do with a lot of success is this:

46 normal - Inside blitz

Pinch LB's

Contain ends

Put the DT's directly over the C and RG

Bump and run

Shoot the LOLB through the gap between the C and RG

Also It helps to contain othe players on the outside as well if you have time. if he tries passing it then as long as you shoot the gap with the LOLB you will hit or sack him before he can get off any kind of accurate throw. The gap should be there every time as long as you time it right.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-11-26, 20:51

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
What I do with a lot of success is this:

46 normal - Inside blitz

Pinch LB's

Contain ends

Put the DT's directly over the C and RG

Bump and run

Shoot the LOLB through the gap between the C and RG

Also It helps to contain othe players on the outside as well if you have time. if he tries passing it then as long as you shoot the gap with the LOLB you will hit or sack him before he can get off any kind of accurate throw. The gap should be there every time as long as you time it right.

good stuff McNair! i have blown the wildcat up with the 4-6 Outside Rush with a similiar set up.
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-12-05, 12:41

Militant X 1 wrote:
DyNaMicakaDNM wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:

FG Block

wtf? there is nothing "cheesy" about this set up son! nothing! i am a str8 baller! you mentioned controlling a LB/Safety in your post here. i also mentioned controlling a FS in mine. i also mentioned in a previous post that i use many other ways to stop the wildcat as well.

and if you consider "stacking" defenders into gaps as i mentioned or moving defenders out or in and manually rushing defenders as "cheesy" then you need to get off the damn game! not hard.

Yea you're right its not cheesy. We see special teams defense to stop the wildcat all the time in real life, but its totally realistic on the game.

All I got to say is try that s*** on me, and you'll get beat deep everytime
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-12-05, 14:05

DyNaMicakaDNM wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:
DyNaMicakaDNM wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:

FG Block

Yea you're right its not cheesy. We see special teams defense to stop the wildcat all the time in real life, but its totally realistic on the game.

ok Dyna...let me mention something here for clarity purpose. although i don't really play madden much any more....ole' Mili is a level 20 with a record of something like 130-59 or so. yours may be higher....but my point for mentioning that is...i ain't a noob bruh! to me....the wildcat is str8 "gimmicky" and pure garbage!

Dyna....a friend of mine who's a serious tournie player runs the Miami Obook with the Eagles. we've spent many lab hours together finding various ways from different formations to lock every play from that s*** up! some MS brothers here have even posted some other formations that i like to use as well that i did not mention in this thread. i just posted 1 of my ways to stop it. sure, some wildcat plays may still get through for big yards from time to time but that is few and far between. and once i show a wildcat user that i can lock that garbage up from MULTIPLE formations....their gimmick is dead!
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-12-05, 19:04

Haha I'm sure you salivate as much as I do when you see "Wildcat" on your opponent's play selection. I'm already thinking 2nd and 14 before I even call my D.
Back to top Go down
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-12-05, 19:20

Militant X 1 wrote:
DyNaMicakaDNM wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:
DyNaMicakaDNM wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:

FG Block

ok Dyna...let me mention something here for clarity purpose. although i don't really play madden much any more....ole' Mili is a level 20 with a record of something like 130-59 or so. yours may be higher....but my point for mentioning that is...i ain't a noob bruh! to me....the wildcat is str8 "gimmicky" and pure garbage!

Dyna....a friend of mine who's a serious tournie player runs the Miami Obook with the Eagles. we've spent many lab hours together finding various ways from different formations to lock every play from that s*** up! some MS brothers here have even posted some other formations that i like to use as well that i did not mention in this thread. i just posted 1 of my ways to stop it. sure, some wildcat plays may still get through for big yards from time to time but that is few and far between. and once i show a wildcat user that i can lock that garbage up from MULTIPLE formations....their gimmick is dead!

I get what you're sayin, but me personally I just wouldn't pick no type of unrealistic defense like that even despite the fact that wildcat is gimmicky (or at least it was before the patch). I'm a veteran too whos played a thousand and somethin games in madden over the years, and I always love beatin some bum who uses gimmicks despite me playing sim football. So I mean I wasn't downin your thread or whatever, but I'm just sayin to me, thats cheesy and I wouldn't use it.

Btw mcnair quit deletin me off your friend list everytime i talk trash and add me back
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty2009-12-06, 00:40

you speak from a "sim" perspective. cool! i clearly understand that. i have played "sim" some but mostly online like most. and online....no one cares about "sim" rules. you should know that. their meaningless! and to be honest...all of the "cheesy" talk is played out and outdated. after awhile....cats will say you are "cheesing" just because you cut your console on. but your point is well taken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up   Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up Empty

Back to top Go down

Mili's Wildcat Lock-Up
Page 1 of 1