Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Throwing on the Run

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cboy918
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Throwing on the Run Empty
PostSubject: Throwing on the Run   Throwing on the Run Empty2009-10-23, 16:49

This season the developers incorporated another element to the passing game. The throwing on the "Run" skill. What is this? This skill rates how well your qb throws a pass while he's running. For instance, have you play actioned before, rolled out to your qb's strong side and thrown a) a pass to your rb b) deep post to your wr and either hit a nice play or threw an inaccurate pass for an incompletion and worse an int? Well I've done both before and I've learned from my mistakes.
Certain qb's are better throwing in the pocket and there are others like Ben Rothlisberger who are deadly accurate on the run. I used to stay in the pocket and try to work it there, which I'm pretty good at, but since I've been working on throwing on the run I've become deadly. The Steelers aren't very intimidating on offense but Rothlisberger's mobility and throwing on the run rating of 99 gives an opportunity for a lot of big plays.
One of my favorite is to call a play action pass, hot route my rb for a flat route, and roll out to the strong side for a pass to the te, or rb and even sometimes a qb scramble for a few yards. But I've found that coming out in 3 wr's and having your slot receiver go across the field past the hashmarks on the strong side and the mlb, he'll be open for a nice gain of 10-15yards. But it's all contingent on your pocket presence, and scrambling ability. Don't just run aimlessly but determine how the d-linemen are rushing (usually crashing out) and see if there are any blitzes coming. If they blitz your rb is usually open, but if they don't blitz you can roll out and get away from pressure and wait for your receivers to get open. Btw, don't be too prideful to throw the ball away. Sometimes the defense wins and its better to throw it away and try another play rather than forcing a throw and turning it over.
Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down

Throwing on the Run
Page 1 of 1