Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Anyone Interested?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Anyone Interested? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Interested?   Anyone Interested? Empty2009-10-20, 01:54

I can't seam to find any sim leagues out there for XBOX 360. I am going to try to put together a nice forum and start a sim league of my own.

But I don't want to be like the "owner" or anything like that. I kinda want the league to be ran by everyones opinions and ideas. Im looking to start a 16 team STRAIGHT SIM league. Maybe 32 teams if I get enough interest. I will start working on the forum tomarow.

Also - if your interested in helping me run the forums, and make sigs for people who join the league, and banners for the forum, let me know. Im terrible with graphics.

For those guys out there that arnt sure what SIM STYLE is. I will break it down really quick.

1. No glitchers / No Cheese - This means no cheating in anyway, or using plays over and over again to exploit a weakness in the game.

example - running the toss play out of the close strong formation (I can run this all day and average about 8 yards a carry) but this owuld be unrealistic and not fun at all. This would be considered cheese.

2. Punt the ball on 4th down, unless you absolutely have to go for it.

example - 4th and 1, first quarter, your tied. PUNT the ball

example 4th and 5, fourth quarter, your down by 3 points with 2:55 left. GO FOR IT.

3. Don't abuse players. Dont give the ball to only 1 guy ALL GAME just to make his stats look awesome. Spread the ball around realistically, just like you would see played in the NFL.

example - you throw the ball to terrell owens every play, and ignore your other players, just to make terrell owens the leading receiver in the league.

4. Playcalling - Mix up your plays. Online when you face people from the lobby, generally they only use about 6-7 plays ALL GAME. In sim style, you want to use at least 30 different plays. I am going to make the quarters 8 minutes each, with accelerated lock run off of 15 seconds. I feel this will be the best setting for a completely realistic sim style game. Your going to get in about 60 plays, so you better not run a play more than 2-3 times each. Basically if you dont understand REAL FOOTBALL, a sim league is NOT for you.

example - HB toss out of close strong is different from HB toss out of goal line formation. These would count as 2 different plays. But you should only use a goal line formation within the 10 yard line.

If your interested in a SIM Style League, please fill out this info, and email it to me. MY Email is AK474THEWAR@AOL.COM

Title the email "Sim League App"

I will tell you if we are gonna take you, and what team you will be given. Also we will give you the link to the forum.

THANKS GUYS.

Name:

Have you ever been in a SIM league before:

4 Teams you wouldnt mind being:

Days available to play, and times:

Give me an example of your first 8 plays you would run on offense in your first game in this sim league if you are accepted:
Back to top Go down

Anyone Interested?
Page 1 of 1