Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Madden 10 Patch#2

Go down 
+26
ryanfree36
kewmwa
crackajack
xXTHeEddYXx
TheDon270
terlab04
bolibol
Jimmy Freedom90
K0MMoNsEnTz
ygfamous
360madden
Mcnair2Wycheck
Dabum1965
DFinzRule
jayfury
CleveCluby
Mister_JP
OMG iTz POPPA
USMC7212
Madden's Finest 200
iGotBeast$wag13
EggzOverEazy
so much swag
Fudgy
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL
six1twan
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
six1twan
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-18, 17:48

Hey Madden fans - wanted to introduce a designer that is beginning to take over some of the community efforts (especially on the gameplay front) - Larry Richart. Larry has been with EA for many years, and also is one of the most accomplished athletes that is also a game designer - playing quarterback at the University of Florida and winning a National Championship while he was there. I'll hand it over to Larry for the details on the latest additions to the 2nd title update. We don't have an exact timeline on when the 2nd title update it will be released, only that it won't be in October. Madden 10 Patch#2 Icon_smile

KEEP IN MIND - THIS LIST IS NOT FINAL!

Over to you Larry...

In this second title update we focused on some of the more debated topics from our loyal and passionate fan base. We appreciate all the feedback so please keep it coming! In this update you will be happy to hear that we have tuned our Flat Zone assignments to cover the flats more effectively. Defenders will not chuck a WR if another receiver is running a route towards their zone. This will help the defender be in better position to react to a quickly throw flat route and allow him to make a play. The flat zone defenders will also play the ball better if a pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage as well as taking better pursuit angles after the catch to prevent the ball carrier from being able to get around the corner. This has been one of the top complaints that we have heard about and realized it was definitely something that we needed to address.

Along with tuning the pursuit angles for flat zone defenders, we have also improved the pursuit all defenders take - especially during a catch animation. This will help them get in better position to make a tackle on the receiver after the catch has been made. Another feature we have gotten a ton of feedback on is "Throwing out of Sacks". We scaled back the height of which the ball is released when throwing out of a sack. By randomizing the trajectory of the ball to be lower, it helps cut down the number of interceptions thrown when trying to throw out of a sack. We have also added better arm tracking to determine if it should be an inaccurate or uncontrolled throw. For example, the further you are in your passing animation when you get hit, the more likely you will get an inaccurate pass versus an uncontrolled pass. Inaccurate passes are just like they sound and will more than likely be passes the go lower and right into the ground towards the receiver you are passing towards. However, uncontrolled passes are more likely to go higher in the air and have a better chance of being intercepted. The final part of our Throw out of Sack tuning focuses on the CPU QB. We have heard several people mention how difficult it is to sack the CPU QB, so we increased the chance of the CPU QB to hold the ball longer and actually take a sack instead of being able to get a throw out of sack pass off before he is brought to the ground.

We have also addressed some issues involving receivers in the passing game. The first one involved fixing some instances where a receiver would be ruled inbounds even if he only got one foot down on a catch. Another issue we resolved is a rare problem where under certain circumstances the ball would actually pass through a player when he dropped the pass.

In this update we have also fixed some annoying exploit issues. The first one we made is adding an initial move to the RB on the HB direct snap plays so he can’t immediately take off after receiving the snap. We also forced a QB drop initial move to force him to set up for a pass on Shotgun play action plays when you canceled the play action by hot routing the running back. This will keep the QB from being able to take off running right after getting the snap. Another change is not allowing the user to be able to move any front line players forward on kickoffs to keep them from being able to actually block the kickoff. We also resolved the exploit of being able to motion a receiver after flipping the play which caused the defender to go the other way. This allowed the receiver to be wide open against man coverage. You will now have to wait until the receiver is set before you can motion him. And finally, we fixed the bug where the QB could drift through the center when you repeatedly hot routed with certain quarterbacks.

This update will also have a fix for the clock running at incorrect times after an incomplete pass went out of bounds. The clock will not stop correctly as it does on any other incomplete pass.

We’ve also focused on some other important, non-gameplay related fixes as well including Uniforms, Franchise Stat tuning, Presentation, Online, Replays, and Scriptable Cut Scenes. I'll fill in the rest of the details in these areas as soon as they are finalized.

Thanks again for all of your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

- Larry
Back to top Go down
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-18, 17:55

madden needs to go back to 5MIN QUARTERS!!
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-18, 17:57

wow thanks for the inside scoop
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-19, 01:57

good realllllllllllllllll good!!!!!!!!! Madden 10 Patch#2 83168 Madden 10 Patch#2 83168
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-19, 10:29

so, let me get this straight. you are:

- improving flat route coverage
- improving defensive pusuit
- improving out of bounds calls
- removing the i-form big glitch (the motion glitch)
- removing the QB draw exploit
- removing the kickoff block glitch
- lowered the effectiveness of the HBDS
- FINALLY GONNA MAKE THE CLOCK STOP WHEN A PLAYER GOES OUT OF BOUNDS (this is years past due)
- AND MORE!

this is awesome news. thanks for sharing it with us, and thanks Larry for being so dedicated to "our" game. we love it.

also consider:

- tweaking the fatigue issue (players slowing down when they run far) to be more realistic
- putting quarters to 6 minutes
- find a better way to make slants out of the backfield less effective (as opposed to making all slants out of the backfield a delayed route)
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-19, 10:37

i hate when cheesers pass tothe flats all gasmes (even though i win). I am happy that that they are going to improve the flat coverage. That kickoff glitch has to be patched out. Yes time actually stops when you go OOB. My D is awesome already. With the pursuit and the flat coverage better, imma be a beast. CANT WAIT FOR THIS PATCH. HOPEFULLY EA GETS IT RIGHT THIS TIME.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-19, 11:27

Keep up the good work. 1 more thing: Can we have a compromise? Madden players like 5 minute quarters, and you guys like 7 minute quarters. Can you change it to 6 minute quarters?
Back to top Go down
USMC7212
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
USMC7212

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-19, 12:56

Good stuff, another thing that should be fixed is the lag when a player is running. Take it away lol
Back to top Go down
OMG iTz POPPA
New MS Member
New MS Member
OMG iTz POPPA

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-19, 13:00

yes less cheese on offense = good defense will continue to win championships.

keep up the good work.

quarters still too long lol...
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-19, 13:17

EggzOverEazy wrote:
so, let me get this straight. you are:

- improving flat route coverage
- improving defensive pusuit
- improving out of bounds calls
- removing the i-form big glitch (the motion glitch)
- removing the QB draw exploit
- removing the kickoff block glitch
- lowered the effectiveness of the HBDS
- FINALLY GONNA MAKE THE CLOCK STOP WHEN A PLAYER GOES OUT OF BOUNDS (this is years past due)
- AND MORE!

this is awesome news. thanks for sharing it with us, and thanks Larry for being so dedicated to "our" game. we love it.

also consider:

- tweaking the fatigue issue (players slowing down when they run far) to be more realistic
- putting quarters to 6 minutes
- find a better way to make slants out of the backfield less effective (as opposed to making all slants out of the backfield a delayed route)

imo i think this is stupid. they are fixing things that dont need fixing. i beat people cause they like to throw to the flats so much. the only thing they need to fix is defencesive catching and awarness. the ball sometimes just sits around on peoples laps and they watch it hit the ground and you cant even switch to the player and catch it. it makes no sence.
Back to top Go down
CleveCluby
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-19, 23:42

Well, this sounds great, But how about fixing way to many
Out of bounds catches. There are rarely any Pass Interference calls.... Penalties
really need to be fixed, all you ever see is clipping, holding and off sides,
false start

While watching games, there are never, Never any injuries.
Game plays way to fast in watched games. Never any blocked FG, nor punts any
games

CPU teams have tons of injuries in Franchise mode, In 3 seasons, As a human
owned team, Playing every game, I have had one injury that was more than a week,
In our Develop and watch league, No human team has ever had an injury.

I realize this game is more for thumb Jockeys and OL
play.. But us older guys like to develop and create teams through drafts and
trades, Build a dynasty, then set back and watch our work…
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-21, 00:26

USMC7212 wrote:
Good stuff, another thing that should be fixed is the lag when a player is running. Take it away lol

^^^^^ this

i'm so sick of breaking with cj's 99 spd just to get hawked by someone with 89 spd.
Back to top Go down
DFinzRule
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-21, 11:44

what about the play action pass? i've seen guy's convert LONG very LONG 3rd and 4th downs because they call a play action pass and the defense just stands there frozen while the qb throws the ball over the defenders head. i'm actually okay with that bcuz that's what a play action pass is suppose 2 do freeze the defense. but how bout making the defenders look 4 pass on 3rd and forever and less run? or what about bringing back the feature from last year where u can press the toggle button up 2 make the defense look 4 pass. i played a game online where i would get the guy 2 3rd and long(15 yds plus) and he would play action me every time freeze my defense and get the 1st down. so i decided to send a blitz. my blitz would get there every time but bcuz it was a play action they tackle the running back instead of the qb!!! very annoying cheese play.
Back to top Go down
Dabum1965
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-23, 01:37

What about the game freezing in the first few minutes of the game. Is that going to be addressed?
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-24, 10:33

How about the DC glitch?!
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-24, 20:47

[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL wrote:

only if they remove the accelerated clock...

lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
ygfamous
New MS Member
New MS Member
ygfamous

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-26, 14:44

when are they going to fix the wr reaction to the deep ball thats all i need to know
Back to top Go down
K0MMoNsEnTz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
K0MMoNsEnTz

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-29, 03:03

360madden wrote:

lol

Agreed!!! I wish there was no accel clock.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Freedom90
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Jimmy Freedom90

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-29, 15:50

changing flat coverage is a great idea. and unlike some people, i actually really like the seven minute quarters with accelerated clock. It seems as though you really don't have to rush to get down field. it's a nice change to online play and i love it.
Back to top Go down
bolibol
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-10-30, 19:18

Quote :
it helps cut down the number of interceptions thrown when trying to throw out of a sack

Why? that is one of the few things you have right? If a QB is getting sacked and he is throwing the ball away, and he is not throwing the ball out of bounds, then he should throw a bad pass, that can possibly lead to a easy interception... I dont understand why your toning this down.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-11-05, 10:17

When the hell is this dropping?
Back to top Go down
terlab04
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-11-06, 13:26

Thx a lot for the patch it'll help more than it would hurt in all aspects and the clock issue doesn't affect me that much so when should we expect this patch?
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-11-06, 13:27

If EA wants to make this years Madden really good, they need more patches to get the job done.
Back to top Go down
xXTHeEddYXx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xXTHeEddYXx

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-11-11, 18:40

You can change it to 5 minute quarters you do know that right?
Back to top Go down
crackajack
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty2009-11-11, 22:28

K0MMoNsEnTz wrote:
360madden wrote:

lol

Agreed!!! I wish there was no accel clock.
i like the acc clock to a dagree. i would ****** but i know if they took it out some bum with nothing better to do would find another qb walk glitch. with acc clock they dont have time to do a hole lot. imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madden 10 Patch#2   Madden 10 Patch#2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden 10 Patch#2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next