Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Incline
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Incline

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher. Empty
PostSubject: Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher.   Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher. Empty2009-10-17, 19:45

Not usually one to give out schemes, tips, or w/e, but what the hell. I've been running Strong Close literally since release, but have recently changed my primary playbook to a non-Strong Close PB, so I figured I'd share.

I'm not giving out a scheme or anything of the sort (come up with your own offense dammit!), just a little nuance that can take your existing Strong Close scheme and make it even tougher to stop.

First off, of the three Strong Close playbooks, this particular play is found only in Houston's playbook:

Weak Pro - FB Dive.
The unique thing about this play is that both of the WR's are lined up close in a Close formation, effectively adding a FB dive to any Strong Close offense.

Come out in any Strong Close play and simply motion your FB to the left. Once he's set, audible to the Weak I FB Dive, and then motion your B/Circle WR (assuming you're not running Strong Close flipped) to the left and hike it while he's in front of the FB for an extra lead blocker.

If you're running Strong Close flipped (which IMO makes the Off Tackle play even more effective), you don't have to motion your FB, but you'll have to motion your TE to the opposite side prior to audibling to Weak I for the formations to look almost identical.

To keep from being too predictable, you can put Weak Pro - Mesh in you audibles and mix it in here and there along with the FB Dive. It also has the two WR's lined up close.....Simply adjust it to your liking, as there are many ways to run it.

Before I posted this elsewhere, there wasn't a single person in the community that ran this outside of myself. But yeah....I've posted this on TML and Ask Madden, but figured I might as well give you guys the tip as well.

Enjoy, fellas.
Back to top Go down
GeT6orDieTrYiN-
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher.   Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher. Empty2009-10-17, 20:49

wut r da 3 playbooks wit strong close?
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher.   Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher. Empty2009-10-17, 20:52

the ones i know off the top of my head are Hou, NO, and Pass Balanced
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
cushy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
cushy23

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher.   Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher. Empty2009-10-17, 21:18

nice write up, unfortuantly i run pass balanced.
Back to top Go down
Incline
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Incline

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher.   Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher. Empty2009-10-17, 21:45

Yeah, Houston, New Orleans and Pass Balanced are the ONLY books with Strong Close.

And Houston is the only one with this type of FB Dive found in Weak Pro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher.   Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher. Empty

Back to top Go down

Incline's nice little twist to make any Strong Close scheme you have even tougher.
Page 1 of 1