Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

What are tournaments like?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

What are tournaments like? Empty
PostSubject: What are tournaments like?   What are tournaments like? Empty2009-10-14, 13:53

I've been looking to get into some tournaments in the Philly region and don't really know what to expect. I'm assuming it's pretty much the cheesiest of players. If that's the case I might as well not go because not only do I not cheese I can't stop those who do if my life depended on it. I feel like I could definitely hold my own though, so I figured I'd ask some of you guys who have experience with them.
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What are tournaments like?   What are tournaments like? Empty2009-10-14, 14:14

u would get crushed from what i've gathered about you from your posts. you're right in saying that it's the cheesiest of players. from what i've seen you're a sim player at heart and i've never seen a sim player be successful at a tourney. you can try some smaller tourneys to get your feet under you or i would suggest getting a bringit account and playing on there. lots of tourney players play on bringit so it'll give u a good idea of what you're getting yourself into.

another thing i would tell you is that tourneys have a lot of trash talk and all that s*** going on. if you have attitude as a new comer by bitching about cheese or whatever you don't consider "real football" you're going to get eaten alive. those guys take themselves very seriously and finding cheesy plays is a source of pride. basically unless you've done some damage i'd keep my mouth shut about any opinions at the tourney you decide to attend.

but good luck overall. just be prepared.
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: What are tournaments like?   What are tournaments like? Empty2009-10-14, 16:40

I think I'm done with that. I don't care about playing fair anymore, I just want to win. But I don't even know where to start when trying to find money plays. I mean I have go to plays but nothing that's 100% or eve close.
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What are tournaments like?   What are tournaments like? Empty2009-10-14, 17:11

what i say when tryin to get a money play that works 100% of the time is u need to learn how to RC.. a good fag d can stop any lil "money play" ppl have on here.. if u can RC a streak, then always have a streak and if nothins open, hit up the RC..
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What are tournaments like?   What are tournaments like? Empty2009-10-14, 20:43

yea if i see fag d i go to RC immediately until they come out of it. in all honesty if u want money plays from sites rather than labbing them out urself u should think about paying for the vault or the ebooks out there.

also you should lab online with someone. the computer simply isnt good enough, if u want to be a tourney player ur going to need to lab against live competition. i do a lot of my labbing against high level ranked players. they know wat their doing so try to find things that work against what their running and u'll be decent at tourneys. i'd say that the best legit player (not the guy with avg opp. 2) couldn't beat an average tourney regular. there are exceptions but just to give u a general idea of wat ur looking at.
Back to top Go down
TheCatJones28
New MS Member
New MS Member
TheCatJones28

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: What are tournaments like?   What are tournaments like? Empty2009-10-15, 01:07

I have won 2 tournaments. One and Wal Mart, and one at Gamestop. I got 3rd in the 2nd round of the Gamestop Tourny's. Tourny's are alot more stressful than what you would figure. I just stuck with my gameplan which was run the wildcat, play solid D, and Don't turn the ball over. Up until the semi finals in my gamestop tourny I had 1 turnover in 9 games. I ain't gonna lie, I cheesed by runnin my wildcat but I was there to Win. When the Cat got stopped I started mixing it up with Running the ball and PA's. Ball Control is a MUST
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are tournaments like?   What are tournaments like? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are tournaments like?
Page 1 of 1