Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I'm curious about online

Go down 
+3
DaTBa1LHaWK
jsmall28
24Marion24
7 posters
AuthorMessage
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

I'm curious about online Empty
PostSubject: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:05

Hey guys, I was wondering what you guys would say is the level I should be playing at before I try to face any good players online.

I face the cpu on all-madden difficulty and I win about 50% of the time. I usually put up between 21-31 points. My offense is pretty solid but my defense isn't very good.

How many of you that play online have trouble with the cpu on all-madden? And if so, do you guys still do well online? Or should I be able to easily beat the cpu on all-madden to do good online?

Sorry if I sound like a n00b
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:09

my suggestion to you is to play some unranked games. online play is different from playing the CPU. don't get me wrong, playing the CPU is a great way to train and come up with different plays, but online it is different. you have to learn to find out an opponent's tendencies, for example, so you can burn them on that play. unranked games don't count or anything, so i would say that is your best bet.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:15

yeah i was planning on doing about a weeks worth of unranked games before i started on the ranked ones. But I was curious out of all of you who play online, how well do you do against all-madden? I just really wanna know if I suck or if Im in the same boat as everyone else. Cuz I have a lot of problems with all madden sometimes.

but thanks for the imput jsmall I'm curious about online 336202
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:24

personally, i lose alot to all-madden. probably around 30-40% of the time. i don't think it necessarily correlates. i'm not bad at at madden (at least i hope not!) so i think you should be fine in online play.
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:29

haha well i mean when i play cpu (to finish games and s***) they dont score on me and i score everytime.. i dont run my normal schemes against the cpu.. i lab on all madden d and it really isnt hard at all to move the ball.. and if u nano the cpu its lock up lol
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:36

lol. i have no problems moving the ball. My problem is my defense when i play against the cpu on all-madden. i just cant get the s*** down at all
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:39

havin trouble stoppin the run? stoppin the pass? and when tryin to stop the pass against the cpu they always find sumthin open.. so what i suggest doin is lurk the defensive strat section and find a few good plays to get the concept of what works on d against human opponents, then try to create sum good defenses of ur own.. its hard to lab if u dont kno what to look for.. everyone says lab works but if u arent the most experienced player (or play only cpu in ur case) then u gotta find out what works and create ur own s*** based off that.. ya feel me?
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:48

yeah i feel ya homie. lol

i played online for 05, 06, 08, and 09, but i moved and I havnt set up my 360 online down here yet. So I should be able to start playin online again in a week or so.

But yeah man Im pretty good against the run. I keep the cpu under like 60-70 yards which is good enough. but your right they always have someone open in pass plays....
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:52

yea thats just how the cpu is cuz if usually on any pass play there will b sumthin open and they hit the WR as soon as they get open..

oh ic, i thought u were like new to online haha but i guess if u havent played 10 online then all those years of experience dont do much.. just hit up sum players on the site and u can def lab wit em and see what really works in 10
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-13, 23:53

honestly, if you can only beat the CPU half the time on all madden then you need a bit more practice

then again i may be wrong. im a lvl 18 and my aol is at 15 so i tend to stick to good players
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-14, 00:57

if you can't beat the computer 100% of the time on all madden you wont beat anyone in a ranked game with an even record. i would even venture to say you probably wont beat anyone thats has a 1 win - 2 loss ratio in ranked games. its completely a different game when you play people.
Back to top Go down
EastCoast_Dog
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-14, 01:04

i get my ass kick on all madden, i mean i win too but when i lose i lose big and badly like 7 pics 4 fumbles lol, but then again i don't play like i would online, but i have it set to all-madden and 85 on everything too
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Yeah   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-14, 10:09

Thanks for all your imputs. But yeah I figured if I couldn't consistantly beat the computer on all-madden, than I wouldnt be able to be anyone too great online.

Back when I played online in like 05, 08, and 09, I was never good against the computer, but I was pretty great online. But this years Madden is just so different. Defense seams damn near impossible to actually be "solid" at.

I guess I will just keep practicing for another couple weeks against the cpu on all-madden until I can beat it consistantly without losing.

Other than facing the computer, what are a couple other ways I can improve my game? I heard a lot about using a safety or linebacker to manually cover, is this a good idea?
Back to top Go down
stinky_night_gown
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
stinky_night_gown

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty2009-10-14, 10:31

online ranked games are on all pro diffuculty. so if the guy happens to quit on you, you'll be playing the cpu on all pro. if you play unranked, then you can set the diffuculty to whatever you want, time as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm curious about online   I'm curious about online Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm curious about online
Page 1 of 1