Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?

Go down 
+3
CapnCrunch
so much swag
mw344
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-13, 15:37

I am shelving the West Coast in favor of this playbook. I need something fresh and exciting (TWSS). Trying it out tonight. Is Arizona's playbook worth all the hype?
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-13, 17:22

ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!NO..NONONO. go with cincinnati's p.book..you'll love the shotgun's play's and power run's then tosses..trust.. Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? 970642 Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? 970642
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-13, 18:09

is it really that legit???
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-13, 18:46

Edited by author to include this disclaimer on 10/14/09.

This information is no longer valid as the update removed the ability to auidible for this play.

I am having a lot of fun with the arizona playbook and the double pass. I play as the Cowboys and put Crayton at the number 1 slot because he is the best passer for them. Then I audible Barber to the right slant so Crayton can make a shorter throw. Then just make sure to watch the defense if they even come close to sniffing out the lateral, DO NOT throw the lateral as it can easil

y be turned into a fumble instead of incomplete. Anyway if they do come down and cover the #1 recieveer then the pass to the HB slant is open, if they don't cover the reciever then lateral and hit the HB slant for 18 yard gains. Also the left side slant is good on the other side.

It is a fun play when you learn it then pull it off.

Also, I do have to sub Witten in at FB for my favorite play. The 689 hook. There's a writeup somewhere around here on that play.

The double pass play is in singleback formation, Y somethin or other.

CapnCrunch

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2009-10-15, 06:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-13, 18:50

capn:

Sounds risky but I am gonna lab it. Anymore plays?
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-13, 19:08

ari is second best book. best is pass balanced. i used to run ARI all the time and i'm thinking about changing back. it's very explosive in the passing game and is still decent/slight above average in the run game. i used to run double pass all the time but it seems like they made it so you can't hot route when ur in this play. WR doublepass if great against zone if u put the TE on a slant out. this has to be covered manually, purple zones don't get over enough.
Back to top Go down
hoshdude7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-13, 21:41

I just switched from WC to NYJ and am loving it!
Back to top Go down
EaglePride615
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-14, 11:20

i use zona and L-O-V-E LOVE IT.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-15, 00:47

Unfortunately, it appears I can no longer audible out of wide reciever double pass play. They made a change in the update.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-20, 12:07

I think I'm gonna try it out with the Bears. Just something new other than the WC offense. I tend to throw alot of int's so I'm gonna see how I like it compared to WC. Is there any other good passing plays u guys recommend that won't get me in trouble?
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-20, 14:33

Try out the passing plays in the gun trips flip formation. legit.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-20, 14:39

Aliright mw344...I'll check em out. Any good plays u recommend? I love the Zona Bunch formation out of the shotgun. It's works well for me.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-20, 15:06

neng,

try this thread out. Helps you set up your base plays. Run them until you are comfortable reading the D and adjust how you see fit.

http://forum.madden-school.com/madden-offensive-strategy-f92/shotgun-flip-trips-breakdownarizona-pb-t6105.htm?highlight=arizona
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-20, 15:14

WOW...thanks alot m-dub! I will definitely try them out and see how I do online with them. It's good to know another gamer helpin another one out. Good lookin out bro!
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-20, 15:47

Neng,

Don't thank me. Thank Madden School. This is an Amazing Site. It definitely taught me stuff I had no idea about. I have had madden since the beginning. I know football and madden very well but I get an education every time I log on.

here is another thread i started about running plays in arizona's PB. Watch it.

http://forum.madden-school.com/madden-offensive-strategy-f92/running-plays-in-arizona-playbook-t10693.htm
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty2009-10-20, 16:00

cool man thanks..I'll check this thread out too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?   Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Replacing the West Coast with Arizona's Playbook. Is it worth it?
Page 1 of 1