Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays

Go down 
+25
Ant1010 I Play Wii
bp_brien
Skane3
high5
jahova6
jrquinn
*34DoubleTrouble28*
OMG iTz POPPA
snaponic
dmtnt
XxCanibus
Hope4DaBills
enyork
roryaiks92
taurasd
dUPxBTefft23
emoney
W A V Y D R E
so much swag
dlgunn
134uni5tas789
Dizz1e
jonny_madden10
imownage411
Code//Blue
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-08-18

My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty
PostSubject: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 00:53

I know a lot of people run with the NYJ book, so I thought I'd be nice and post most of my nanos out of this book. Have fun. These have been VERY successful for me, so if they're not working for you I probably did not explain them right.

Remember, ALWAYS wait to choose your play until after you've seen the offensive formation. Don't just run the same play the whole game. Adjust as you see fit.

RUN STOPPERS (1-2 WR SETS):
Choose these if you see your opponent come out in an under-center formation, i.e. 2 WR or less, because they provide good pressure to stop the run and adequate coverage to stop the play action.

3-4 Over - Sting Pinch Zone

1. Pinch the line.
  2. Reblitz the DT.
  3. Place the MLB in the A-Gap and reblitz him.
  4. Put the OLBs in flats zones, or in contain if you suspect a toss.
User someone in a yellow zone. If they start to run tosses place the OLBs in contain. If you can predict which side they're running too, place the MLB in the A-gap on that side, then take the OLB on the side he's not running to and place him in the other A-Gap, reblitzing him. I only use contain with the OLBs if I'm almost 100% sure that a toss is coming, and usually only blitz the line plus the MLB unless it's a sure bet run play.

3-4 Solid - Gap Press

1. Place the MLB in the A-Gap.
  2. Place the OLBs on contain if there running tosses, or flats zones if they're passing to the flats.
  3. (OPTIONAL) Bump N Run
Again, I only use contain with the OLBs if I'm almost 100% sure that a toss is coming.
Note: Since there is no one in zone on this play, you can either user the MLB through the A-gap or control one of the OLBs in contain or the flats zones.

3-5 WR SETS:

Dollar - Cover 1 Press

1. Pinch Line
  2. Reblitz all of the linemen
  3. Place the MLB in the A-Gap.
  4. (OPTIONAL) Place the man who's gaurding the HB on the side the half backs on to protect the flats. If the HB is in the middle, just leave him.
User the safety in the yellow zone, and watch for quick passes underneath. The pressure should get there before he can pass though.

Note: If your opponent starts to roll out, get out of this play, or any man coverage for that matter.

TO MIX IT UP, YOU CAN USE THIS SAME SETUP BUT WITH THE COVER 3 ZONE PLAY FOUND IN THE DOLLAR FORMATION. USER THE SAFETY IN THE YELLOW ZONE THOUGH TO COVER THE EMPTY SPACE THE LB LEFT.
3 WR SETS

NEW: Nickel Odd Split - Monster Blitz 3

Just found this play after looking through the Nickel Odd Split formation. It's still in the works and adjustments could be made so if it's not working out for you check back in a couple of days and I should have it set.

1. Place one of your LBs over the center on the line, and reblitz him.
  2. Take the other LB and place him in the A-Gap, right behind the two players, almost touching them.
  3. Put both safeties that are running yellow zones into flats zones. Experiment around with different hot routes as I'm still working on it.
User the Safety in the Middle Deep Zone. Bring him up close in a LB position and watch the close routes, but if someone is running deep over the middle, be there. There shouldn't be enough time for a deep route, though.

Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 2 Sink

This play get's great pressure, but takes time to set up and leaves the flats zones open, so use it when you think the time is right.

1. Place the LOLB on the line in front of the right guard.
  2. Place the MLB in the A-Gap, between your DT and the LB that was placed on the line, but not on the line. Make it so his hands are about at the DTs butts.
  3. Place your ROLB over the other guard on the other side.
User the safety in the middle to stop the quick passes over the middle, or user one of the safeties in yellow zones on the edge, and be ready to take him to the flats if need be.

Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3

I use this play when there is little threat of the run. The pressure won't always get through because there's only 3 men blitzing, but if it doesn't then you have adequate coverage.

1. Place the LOLB over the DT as shown above.
  2. Place the MLB in the same place as above.
  3. (OPTIONAL) Place the ROLB in the same place as above for a distraction. They'll think he's blitzing, but he's going to drop back into coverage.
F@G D VARIATION:

Use the same setup as above, ecept place the two blitzing LBs in Purple zones. To get them to each go to one side of the filed, out one in a purple zone, then slide the other past the center so he's on the other half of the field, put him in a Purple zone, and slide him back in a postiion shown before so it looks like he's blitzing. They should each go to different sides of the field.

(OPTIONAL) Place the DT in a QB Spy.

Note:
The successfulness on this play varies, because it's not something I have really labbed, just something I made up on the fly when I needed it.

-----------------------------------------------------

That's it for now. I'll add more later. If you're having trouble setting them up, I typed something wrong, you can't find the play, the play's aren't working for you, you don't know what something means, etc. then just reply here with your problem and I'll help you out.

I'll be posting more soon.

Peace.

Last edited by Code//Blue on 2009-10-09, 22:43; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
imownage411
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 00:56

good post man
Back to top Go down
jonny_madden10
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 02:57

thanks man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dizz1e
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Dizz1e

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 03:56

My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays 965788 Nice post, Ill try some of these and let you know how effective they are. My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays 965788
Back to top Go down
134uni5tas789
New MS Member
New MS Member
134uni5tas789

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 18:34

great post. thx for the help. one nano that works for me is nickel odd split middle blitz. pinch line and have press cov. move both mlbs behind dts.
Back to top Go down
dlgunn
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dlgunn

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 21:08

Great write up. I run my D very similar to you.

Another good coverage D is Dime, Cover 2 Buc. You need to adjust it a little bit though. Use the LB rush package unless you have two real good D ends, like the Giants. First coverage audible and press up with the LEFT stick so the safeties will cover toward the sidelines. Your MLB will cover the deep middle. You can go ahead and back him up a little if it is 3rd and long. A way to make it a FAG D is to put both ends in flat zones. If you have a someone that runs lots of screens or runs with the QB, you can put both D ends in contain and spy with one DT.

You can do some of the same schemes from the Nickle Odd Split. The Cover 3 in that is a pretty good long yardage coverage D.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 21:20

yo!!!!!!UNI5TAS....i run that same one.....that sh!t is fire..... My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays 970642 My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays 970642 try against a run with FS...or ..SS..lurking...holla back.. My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays 993453
Back to top Go down
134uni5tas789
New MS Member
New MS Member
134uni5tas789

Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 23:14

so much swag wrote:
yo!!!!!!UNI5TAS....i run that same one.....that sh!t is fire..... My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays 970642 My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays 970642 try against a run with FS...or ..SS..lurking...holla back.. My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays 993453

Dam that is crazy. that worked hella good for me. thx
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 23:17

dlgunn wrote:
Great write up. I run my D very similar to you.

Another good coverage D is Dime, Cover 2 Buc. You need to adjust it a little bit though. Use the LB rush package unless you have two real good D ends, like the Giants. First coverage audible and press up with the LEFT stick so the safeties will cover toward the sidelines. Your MLB will cover the deep middle. You can go ahead and back him up a little if it is 3rd and long. A way to make it a FAG D is to put both ends in flat zones. If you have a someone that runs lots of screens or runs with the QB, you can put both D ends in contain and spy with one DT.

You can do some of the same schemes from the Nickle Odd Split. The Cover 3 in that is a pretty good long yardage coverage D.

Thanks for this. I thought there was no Cover 2 Buc in the NYJ book, but I never thought to look in Dime. Thanks, that was seriously the missing piece to my D. I've been wanting to lab the Tampa 2 for a while.
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-07, 23:17

great post imma try out ur dollar n cover 2 sink
Back to top Go down
emoney
New MS Member
New MS Member
emoney

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-08, 00:10

46 normal inside blitz (Speed)
reblitz both lbs
place in right a gap one behind the other

how do you set up press coverage?
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-08, 00:15

emoney wrote:
46 normal inside blitz (Speed)
reblitz both lbs
place in right a gap one behind the other

how do you set up press coverage?

triangle or Y and ... L3 Down or down
Back to top Go down
emoney
New MS Member
New MS Member
emoney

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-08, 00:16

ight thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-09, 21:59

134uni5tas789 wrote:
great post. thx for the help. one nano that works for me is nickel odd split middle blitz. pinch line and have press cov. move both mlbs behind dts.

Thanks. I'm gonna take a look at the Nickel Odd Split and hopefully post some stuff out of it. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
dUPxBTefft23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
dUPxBTefft23

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-09, 22:23

nice post dude ive been labbin all day today and have found some nnice s*** and this sounds great too and imma try some of it i jus changed from 46 to NYJ D and am having good success so far...
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-09, 22:35

Added a blitz from Nickel Odd Split. Will add a F@G D out of this formation and more blitzes soon.
Back to top Go down
taurasd
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-10, 15:15

Thanks for the great post Smile
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-10, 15:31

great stuff man, i use some of the same stuff
Back to top Go down
enyork
New MS Member
New MS Member
enyork

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-10, 16:18

Liking the dollar play.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/enyork
Hope4DaBills
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-12, 16:36

how the heck do you have time to adjust all of that I have a hard time getting to make 2 or 3 changes before the QB snaps the ball let alone changing the actions of many individual players. if you could explain hwo this is done that would be great.
Back to top Go down
XxCanibus
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-12, 21:47

nice plays but im kinda ponderd about the reblitzing on the d line.
already blitzing so i just cant pinch the line?

other than that this is good
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-13, 01:06

XxCanibus wrote:
nice plays but im kinda ponderd about the reblitzing on the d line.
already blitzing so i just cant pinch the line?

other than that this is good

They are already blitzing, correct, but if you pinch them they will be blitzing different directions. Reblitzing is done to make them blitz straight down and take care of the linemen.
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-13, 15:47

Hope4DaBills wrote:
how the heck do you have time to adjust all of that I have a hard time getting to make 2 or 3 changes before the QB snaps the ball let alone changing the actions of many individual players. if you could explain hwo this is done that would be great.

If you don't already know this, when selecting
players, instead of tabbing B to cycle through all of the players (or O
on PS3), hold B (or O) and point the left stick in the direction you
want to change to. So much faster than cycling through your players.

Also, memorize the defensive hot routes.
Back to top Go down
dmtnt
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-14, 21:31

Okay i got a question with the Cover 2 Sink and I guess it will solve the Cover 3 issue too, which LB's am I moving the Left outside LB to the right guard ?, the LB whos in a yellow zone, then vise versa the other LB in a yellow zone.?
Or the 2 lb's blitzing which i tried and still cant do, is there any way you can upload videos cause im having little success executing these.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
snaponic
New MS Member
New MS Member

Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty2009-10-14, 22:03

34 stack is hot. Yall need to look into that. Its actually able to stop off tackle pretty easy and with a couple of adjustments can bring serious a gap heat. Overlooked formation definetly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays   My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays Empty

Back to top Go down

My NYJ Defensive Guide/Plays
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next